Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Shiroc posted:

I have more respect for people who just say they don't give a poo poo about covid than the libs who build up rules lawyering delusions to tell them that they are actually Being Safe.

Not much for either but I give credit to people who are honest about what they are because its easier to know what they'll do.

One is just more pretentious than the other and therefore more punchable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
This has made me realize something.

I went through isolation far longer than this mess well before this, and it left me... quirky.

But holy poo poo at the height of it I did not go half as crazy as half of the world has. I kept myself together extremely well in hindsight... and I remember just how much I wanted to go somewhere, anywhere.

When this actually ends we'll see the extent of crack-ping that has been happening and it's gonna be apocalyptic.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
lol “gonna be”

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

where's that 2020 tweet about "it's not that bad, the living don't envy the dead yet"

the dead have natural immunity to COVID. no dead person has caught COVID again.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I see at least 3 meltdowns a week on the street outside my place lol

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

endlessmonotony posted:

I went through isolation far longer than this mess well before this, and it left me... quirky.

But holy poo poo at the height of it I did not go half as crazy as half of the world has. I kept myself together extremely well in hindsight... and I remember just how much I wanted to go somewhere, anywhere.

When this actually ends we'll see the extent of crack-ping that has been happening and it's gonna be apocalyptic.

I've been thinking about how two decades of constant suicide ideation and isolation apparently make me far more well adjusted to stress than the population at large.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

My friend who was hoping ivermectin would pan out and not necessitate boosters just calculated the horse to human dosage at .9g and said it's likely everyone ODing on it can't do math

Well he's probably not wrong about the can't do math part

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I really wish this was reality but it's just not and people need to understand that they are endangering everybody else by doing this stuff, and themselves.

https://twitter.com/EmeritheC/status/1429505057989476354?s=20

I got a breakthrough infection from a con and I'd do it again!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

Yeah I've had my arthritis for over a decade now and it limits what I can do somewhat so I'm just watching the world going crazy and having a grand old time. I got this poo poo figured out when I was in my 20s. Not that I ever enjoyed going to bars or restaurants in the first place.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

skewetoo posted:

I see at least 3 meltdowns a week on the street outside my place lol

Quit lookin at car windows

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNwxkl6bw_Q
As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy. Me... or everyone else.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
A friend in Boulder was explaining why they don't wear masks there, and nobody does: "there's just no covid here, and we have such a high vaccination rate that we don't need masks". I'm in Santa Clara County (includes Mountain View, home of google, Sunnyvale and San Jose, CA)

I worked some stuff out after telling him that in Santa Clara County they mandated masks again at the start of August, inside businesses at least (apart from when eating/drinking lol)

1: SCC has a population of 19 times that of (let's call it 20x) Boulder. 1.9 million vs 100k
2: so SCC would need a 7 day average of 20x the boulder cases to be as bad as Boulder
3: Boulder new cases 7 day average, 52 according to google (so SCC would be equal with 20x 52 = 1000)
3: SCC new cases 7 day average, 365****** according to google.

****** lol kaisar is not reporting data to the state so actually nobody loving knows what the Santa Clara County number is since that is an undercount. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DRAW ANY CONCLUSION other than 'our number is higher than the number they give us'

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Hollismason posted:

What does endemic COVID mean?

It means no breathing for the rest of your days

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I hope everyone dies

yes even you

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
furry horniness is a public health problem

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Shiroc posted:

I've been thinking about how two decades of constant suicide ideation and isolation apparently make me far more well adjusted to stress than the population at large.

I was driven to that level of hosed up by social reasons and medical reasons alike.

After the medical reasons got fixed through a several-year journey through hell, the social reasons were fairly easy to fix since I no longer had a problem telling people I didn't give a poo poo what they thought.

Now that poo poo's all fixed, and I was decently prepared with entertainment and such in case the medical reasons make a comeback. And they sorta did, but uh, COVID also happened.

Here I am, finally capable of seeing myself within context and we're a species of nothing but fuckups trying to fake it until we make it and failing.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

nexous posted:

I hope everyone dies

yes even you

we will

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

nexous posted:

I hope everyone dies

yes even you

💯% guarantee

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
cool glad we’re all on the same page

Goobish
May 31, 2011

nexous posted:

I hope everyone dies

yes even you

Health Freedom

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

nexous posted:

I hope everyone dies

yes even you

good news

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I think I’ve started to realize that it’s not the isolation driving me crazy - I sort of enjoy it….it’s the people that don’t give a gently caress driving me crazy.

There’s just so many and I loving hate them all. It makes me wish the rapture was real.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Pillowpants posted:

I think I’ve started to realize that it’s not the isolation driving me crazy - I sort of enjoy it….it’s the people that don’t give a gently caress driving me crazy.

There’s just so many and I loving hate them all. It makes me wish the rapture was real.

I mean it kind of is

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

the chuds are now just buying anything with a horse on it

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Some more good Japan news lmao

Headline posted:

COVID-19 testing failing to catch up to speed of coronavirus
Oh, word?

Article posted:

As of Aug. 19, the Cabinet Secretariat’s official figure for Tokyo’s positivity rate over the latest week was high: 23.3 percent. It was 34.8 percent in Kanagawa Prefecture, while the national average was 16.4 percent.
LMAO

https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14423945

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fineeeeee

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The biggest furry convention in the country happens every year in my city and it's always....quite a thing.

I ran into a giant cat at 7-11 that did magic :3:

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

lmao

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

deadwing posted:

Ofcourse ofcourse

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I have decided that COVID is over and suck and gently caress summer is BACK

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

*wolf howl*

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
don’t know who did it, but someone here posted the Death Panel pod, specifically the one blasting Emily Oster.

Thank you. It is such a loving relief to hear people talk out loud in intelligent ways about the massive crisis we are in. Makes me feel a lot less crazy.

You guys here are good too, but there’s also a lot of black humor(/prophecy) that is sometimes difficult to digest in large volumes and there are always a dozen new pages to this thread. please keep it up though; I am just weak

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Suck and gently caress never left :biglips:

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I wonder how many people who "don't live in fear" loving boof horsedrugs up their butts

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

deadwing posted:

Tastes the same

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

I have decided that COVID is over and suck and gently caress summer is BACK

Summers already over ya clown

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Captain Magic posted:

don’t know who did it, but someone here posted the Death Panel pod, specifically the one blasting Emily Oster.

Thank you. It is such a loving relief to hear people talk out loud in intelligent ways about the massive crisis we are in. Makes me feel a lot less crazy.

You guys here are good too, but there’s also a lot of black humor(/prophecy) that is sometimes difficult to digest in large volumes and there are always a dozen new pages to this thread. please keep it up though; I am just weak

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Summers already over ya clown

listen fucklord

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I never noticed it’s a vile rat post lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Honey have you finished boofing your horse drugs before we go to the bar to try to pick up a third?