Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
So I think I’ve finally come to terms with my internal struggle that in my keeper league first round I’ll either wind up with Najee Harris, Antonio Gibson, or Justin Jefferson and that seems just A-OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

He’s running with the 2’s & 3’s and firmly behind Coleman & Ty Johnson.

Even Perine is getting more snaps than him in pre-season games.

Huh, interesting. Guess I should start paying attention to this poo poo again for this year

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Mock drafts are wild, y’all. Been doing some here and there to get prepped for a redraft league that uses snake instead of auction (:argh:) and someone took Kelce at the third spot, someone else took Diggs at the sixth spot, and Reek went at the 7th spot, which meant.. at pick #8, I got Alvin God drat Kamara.

Really falling in love with a strategy in snake to go RB, RB, TE (Waller or Kittle), WR, QB. Then everything else is a few flex/bye week fill-ins and lotto tickets. Leave K and DST till the rounds right before the last one so you don’t get the dregs. Most recent one left me with this roster:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I'd get rid of Russell Gage for a second TE before Lance

I wouldn't, just stream QB in 10 team if you already own Herbert.

Someone will go on IR in the next couple weeks, just IR or cut them and then worry about a qb. I would trust Carr more than Lance for a redraft.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Cut Gage and stream your WR5 or whatever. He's useless in a 10 team league and is basically indistinguishable from what's on the waiver wire right now.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

generic one posted:

Mock drafts are wild, y’all. Been doing some here and there to get prepped for a redraft league that uses snake instead of auction (:argh:) and someone took Kelce at the third spot, someone else took Diggs at the sixth spot, and Reek went at the 7th spot, which meant.. at pick #8, I got Alvin God drat Kamara.

Really falling in love with a strategy in snake to go RB, RB, TE (Waller or Kittle), WR, QB. Then everything else is a few flex/bye week fill-ins and lotto tickets. Leave K and DST till the rounds right before the last one so you don’t get the dregs. Most recent one left me with this roster:

Yeah the mocks I smash are usually the ones where I go RB RB cause there’s so much more WR depth. I’m planning on just picking a D in the final round that has a good week 1 matchup and then streaming

Probably going to wait on a TE until double digit rounds if I miss out on the top 3. Every year there’s a surprise stud that pops up you can grab from FA/waivers

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Well thats true. But so are QBs in 10 team. Cut gage and take a lotto ticket like uhhh Elijah Moore?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Keith Atherton posted:

Yeah the mocks I smash are usually the ones where I go RB RB cause there’s so much more WR depth. I’m planning on just picking a D in the final round that has a good week 1 matchup and then streaming

Probably going to wait on a TE until double digit rounds if I miss out on the top 3. Every year there’s a surprise stud that pops up you can grab from FA/waivers

If I miss on the top three, I can usually catch Fant or Goedert in the 6th. Which means I just switch out that TE for another WR in the 3rd. Then I maybe pick up Gronk in a late-late round as a CYA.

I was going DST and K in the last round, but there’s still so much value for lotto picks available in the last one, I changed up my strategy a bit. Figure that last spot is gonna get churned anyway, so might as well make it someone who is gonna hit big due to injury or that I won’t care about cutting.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Keith Atherton posted:

If I miss out on top 3 I'm drafting Higbee in the 10th. No thank you to mid round TEs when I could get Lockett or Claypool instead.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Etienne hurting his foot seems not ideal

Or running behind this line

Or passing behind it

Stay away from Jacksonville in non-dynasty all together maybe

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
:doink:

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

Etienne hurting his foot seems not ideal

Or running behind this line

Or passing behind it

Stay away from Jacksonville in non-dynasty all together maybe

Other than Jags and Texans, are there other teams people are steering clear of or treading more lightly when considering players?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I don't trust the Giants clap based offense

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've been on a strict "no Jets" fantasy diet for decades that has never failed me but it all changed this year

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Levin posted:

Other than Jags and Texans, are there other teams people are steering clear of or treading more lightly when considering players?

Lions and to a lesser extent Broncos, Giants, Bengals because of QB and Oline concerns

Edit: leery of Ravens and Vikings players because their dumbass unvaccinated QB might get COVID

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Pats. Skip all Pats.

Edit: And all the SF RBs. gently caress trying to figure out that mess.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Just preseason but Jags looks awful

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

generic one posted:

Edit: And all the SF RBs. gently caress trying to figure out that mess.
Except in Best Ball.

Keith Atherton posted:

Just preseason but Jags looks awful
So glad I drafted both TLaw and Etienne in one league!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I should have taken Fields in dynasty :cry:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Except in Best Ball.

Oh, absolutely. Then get as many as you can in late rounds. :D

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

So glad I drafted both TLaw and Etienne in one league!

So glad my money league doesn’t draft until September 7

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Keith Atherton posted:

So glad my money league doesn’t draft until September 7
I should have mentioned it was a Best Ball Dynasty league, but still.

generic one posted:

Oh, absolutely. Then get as many as you can in late rounds. :D
Indeeeed.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Keith Atherton posted:

Lions and to a lesser extent Broncos, Giants, Bengals because of QB and Oline concerns

Edit: leery of Ravens and Vikings players because their dumbass unvaccinated QB might get COVID

Jets. Jets. JETS.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Keith Atherton posted:

I read up and somewhere it said only 9 QBs had been confirmed as vaccinated? Other sources varied but seemed like more than just Jackson and Cousins. Brady is question mark and I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't given some of the bizarre things I've heard about his training regimen over the years. Certainly is an interesting thing to factor in this year.

I assume generally this means avoid players on these teams at or or near ADP. At some point the value has to justify the pick or are there lines in the sand people are just not crossing? Some I can understand, Patriot RBs will drive a man insane.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Levin posted:

I read up and somewhere it said only 9 QBs had been confirmed as vaccinated? Other sources varied but seemed like more than just Jackson and Cousins. Brady is question mark and I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't given some of the bizarre things I've heard about his training regimen over the years. Certainly is an interesting thing to factor in this year.

I assume generally this means avoid players on these teams at or or near ADP. At some point the value has to justify the pick or are there lines in the sand people are just not crossing? Some I can understand, Patriot RBs will drive a man insane.
The news from yesterday about Cam Newton being forced to be away from the Pats facilities for 5 days is because he's not vaccinated (vaccinated players do not need to observe that rule).

The vaccination status affects my preconceived notions. So for someone like Kurt Cousins, under normal circumstances, I would only draft him if he fell waaaay past his ADP *and* I was desperate for a QB. Now, knowing that he's unvaccinated, he is off my draft board entirely - I'd rather have no QB than him.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Have Cousins in both my guillotine leagues since he goes so late which is basically the only time I'd consider rostering him. Still sucks needing to add another Jones/Roethlisberger tier QB just in case Cousins gets covided out of a game.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/andrewmackens/status/1429889841433649152?s=21

via The Onion

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does FAAB work like other waivers where if you drop a player, you can’t put a waiver claim in on them?

Someone in my dynasty league dropped Julio ($70) because he wants to try to outbid everyone to get him back cheaper, but I’m not sure if he’s allowed to even put a bid in on someone he dropped.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Your league is modeled after our league. We allow it.

It's not worth trading Julio for a 3rd or 4th at that cost, so drop and bid is the way to go. Everyone has 24hrs minimum to place bids, right? Our league has that rule, if it's less than 24hrs then the player isn't available on waivers till the following waiver period.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Your league is modeled after our league. We allow it.

It's not worth trading Julio for a 3rd or 4th at that cost, so drop and bid is the way to go. Everyone has 24hrs minimum to place bids, right? Our league has that rule, if it's less than 24hrs then the player isn't available on waivers till the following waiver period.

Yea same deal. I just wasn’t sure if MFL let you bid for a player you dropped.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

only 300 hours throughout the season? seems low.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Etienne out for the season.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1430231861150760968

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
E: beaten like a Jags lineman.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should we be worried about Jamarr Chase?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I don't understand that one. She said it was "lame" which isn't what I would say if someone hit me.

Who knows, need more evidence here.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Between his preseason performance and that I would be concerned..

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In our dynasty rookie draft, I took Etienne third overall yesterday afternoon and then he died 2 hours later.

And I had a trade offer for my 1.03 that would have gotten me two later 1st round picks (plus a later round pick swap). I feel completely numb about this now. Just... gently caress me. What a godawful way to start the fantasy season.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Leperflesh posted:

In our dynasty rookie draft, I took Etienne third overall yesterday afternoon and then he died 2 hours later.

And I had a trade offer for my 1.03 that would have gotten me two later 1st round picks (plus a later round pick swap). I feel completely numb about this now. Just... gently caress me. What a godawful way to start the fantasy season.
Ouch, that really blows. In my recent dynasty startup draft my best bud drafted Akers and Etienne as his top two RBs.

edit: and I just drafted Etienne in a different dynasty (Best Ball) startup but thankfully invested in JRob too.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 24, 2021

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The Goon Money League needs one more player! $25 entry. Redraft. Normal scoring/positions with 0.5 PPR. 12 teams. Draft this Thuesday night! PM if interested, or post in this thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974772&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Kamara fell to me at the fifth pick in the Big Money League tonight. i was planning on taking Aaron jones. i split the difference and slam picked saquon. it might seem like a good idea to smoke a giant bowl before your draft, and it is,