Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Colonel Cancer posted:

The ballsack on spider legs is what we're talking about right

Yes, the mobility, the freedom, the breathability, all things we should aspire to both personally and as a species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Tighclops posted:

I fuckin hate this guy "we will all upload into undying quantum entangled AI robuts in 20 years!" for the past 25 years eat poo poo guy

lmao he is the worst

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

I can only assume this is some play towards captive employer unions like the one on the TMX - Canadian Christian Workers or some such nonsense.

This is the only way I can make sense of this. The Conservatives not trying to hand everything to the rich is not something my mind can parse. Do not trust the Liberals Conservatives, they will betray you.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Getting strong libs promising to end FPP with this CPC announcement. Lol they'll do no such thing or it will be implemented in a way to screw the working class. Not falling for it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Oh I'm sure that what it actually means is that one employee a week is ground into hamburger to feed the board of directors.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

skewetoo posted:

Getting strong libs promising to end FPP with this CPC announcement. Lol they'll do no such thing or it will be implemented in a way to screw the working class. Not falling for it.

Jagmeet should announce he’s on board and offer to sponsor a joint bill. Call their bluff. Get the issue in the media and force the Liberals to promise something similar.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yippee cahier posted:

Jagmeet should announce he’s on board and offer to sponsor a joint bill. Call their bluff. Get the issue in the media and force the Liberals to promise something similar.

100%

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

yippee cahier posted:

This is entirely too smart for the NDP

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dominos are falling from the BC announcement. Today the Flames ownership (inc. Hitmen and Stamps) will also be requiring proof of vaccination to attend games starting Sept 15th or something. This has set of a number of businesses in Calgary (music venues primarily) immediately following suit.

itshappening.gif

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

GET hosed ANTIVAXXERS

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
people with money do not want another lockdown. this is the only way they think it can be avoided or delayed and you can bet your rear end they're bending the ear of every premier in the nation

fords intransigence on the subject has been hilarious because there is an absolutely 0% chance he isn't going to cave to industry groups the minute the get serious about this. so he's delayed it for a few months, for what? he's pissed off the industry groups he owes fealty to, and caving at all will lose him the support of the hardline nutjobs he's been trying to court by objecting to it this whole time anyway.

the man has the political instincts of roadkill.

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 02:46 on Aug 24, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Dickens, known hangout of the right.

infernal machines posted:

people with money do not want another lockdown. this is the only way they think it can be avoided or delayed and you can bet your rear end they're bending the ear of every premier in the nation

People with money need people to make their money.

People with money have to use mostly the same medical infrastructure as us.

People with money aren't really good at seeing beyond the fiscal year.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

skewetoo posted:

This seems like a prudent choice.

I am getting strong "monkeys flying out of my butt" energy from it too.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

GET hosed ANTIVAXXERS

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Make it so every building has a card scanner on the front and it only unlocks the doors if you scan your vaccine proof card.

Edit: my gf's thought: busses and trains are free, but you have to scan your card to get on.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Make it so every building has a card scanner on the front and it only unlocks the doors if you scan your vaccine proof card.

unironically this

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

unironically this

including your front door

to leave

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

qr code on my rear end to access it

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

no vaccine? no holes. sorry, i don't make the rules

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Edit: my gf's thought: busses and trains are free, but you have to scan your card to get on.

Vaccine card? I got a half assed black and white print out each time I got vaccinated. Those aren't gonna scan anywhere.

Did provinces with functional governments actually track who got what shots and make a card with that info?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

scan my vax hole

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Demon_Corsair posted:

Vaccine card? I got a half assed black and white print out each time I got vaccinated. Those aren't gonna scan anywhere.

Did provinces with functional governments actually track who got what shots and make a card with that info?

same although i got mine over email so i can at least show

super easy to fake though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Demon_Corsair posted:

Did provinces with functional governments

where?

ontario sure as hell didn't. i have two sheets of laserjet printed pages with a prescription sticker slapped on them from the pharmacy and a couple PDF files from the provincial portal.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I’m just white and everyone takes my word for it

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Demon_Corsair posted:

In Alberta AHS has tracked them and with a verified MyAlberta Digital ID you can get a single printout with the info collated together. We'll probably have to pull it up and display it on their app going forward since Kenney (should he ever reappear in public before the federal election is over) has already said no to a passport whassit.

(e. signing up for mine the other day I discovered I had let my drivers license which you need to verify expire whoops, guess never driving or going out puts it out of mind)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

where?

ontario sure as hell didn't. i have two sheets of laserjet printed pages with a prescription sticker slapped on them from the pharmacy and a couple PDF files from the provincial portal.

I don’t even have a vaccination sticker! And my second sheet is a full letter paper printout, gently caress jamming that in my wallet.

e: there is some database or something though, they forwarded the info to my family doctor automatically.

Arivia has issued a correction as of 04:31 on Aug 24, 2021

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

In Alberta AHS has tracked them and with a verified MyAlberta Digital ID you can get a single printout with the info collated together. We'll probably have to pull it up and display it on their app going forward since Kenney (should he ever reappear in public before the federal election is over) has already said no to a passport whassit.

(e. signing up for mine the other day I discovered I had let my drivers license which you need to verify expire whoops, guess never driving or going out puts it out of mind)

Lol apparently a lot of Albertans had to get their pharmacists to tell AHS that they got their shots

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I just tell them to leave the needles in. just walking around more perforated than Ben Johnson

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

that’s right. I tested positive

positive for social responsibility

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Noblesse Obliged posted:

that’s right. I tested positive

positive for social responsibility

And then you drank one loving mimosa and poo poo went all to hell gently caress you

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Arivia posted:

And then you drank one loving mimosa and poo poo went all to hell gently caress you

I EARNED IT drat YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
going to be sentenced to ten years in the gulag by the people’s judicial commissarat for going to the weed store at rush hour

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I EARNED IT drat YOU

Fifteen people died to bring you that Mexican Sunrise, and only fourteen because of CERB-related fraud! Why won’t you think of small businesses, Mr. RESPONSIBILITY

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

going to be sentenced to ten years in the gulag by the people’s judicial commissarat for going to the weed store at rush hour

uh, i have been reliably informed that only god will judge me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

and i've read the kind of poo poo that guy gets up to, i'm sitting pretty here.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

are you seriously suggesting a congregate setting right now? triggered all to hell

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Noblesse Obliged posted:

are you seriously suggesting a congregate setting right now? triggered all to hell

I know I know I have committed an act literally equivalent to holding a gun to a service industry worker’s head and pulling the trigger, my exile to Fort Mac is impending

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

I know I know I have committed an act literally equivalent to holding a gun to a service industry worker’s head and pulling the trigger, my exile to Fort Mac is impending

Look here he thinks he’s going to Club Fed! No, only Tuktoyaktuk for the likes of you!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Lol apparently a lot of Albertans had to get their pharmacists to tell AHS that they got their shots

the sketchiest printout I got after an injection was the one done by AHS they had better have told themselves I got it :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Arivia posted:

was it at earl's