Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh you knew the guy who wrote harry potter fanfiction?

this is only half a joke cause big yud had/has? a "math slave"

And if Dobby solves it wrong, Dobby will throw himself off the top most tower!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: CAPITALISM: (I rarely drink soft drinks and almost never buy them from a shop but rather with a meal at a restaurant.) At K-Market a ½-litre Coke costs 2½€. A 1½-litre Coke costs 2,98€ (Prices include 0,20€ and 0,40€ deposits, respectively.) What the gently caress??
"What the gently caress??" indeed, but about the way you wrote all those numbers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

"What the gently caress??" indeed, but about the way you wrote all those numbers.

I used a computer.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
personal home page

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tiggum posted:

½ is the European symbol for slicing diagonally across a 12

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

½ is the European symbol for slicing diagonally across a 12

What ½ looks like depends on the typeface you use :shrug: I mean it looks like ½ on this keyboard but it might look like ½ on your screen IDK.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
using a computer to type numbers is № 1

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Plank Walker posted:

using a computer to type numbers is № 1

SERIOUSPOST: Wish I had a № key instead of the useless #. Who the gently caress uses # for anything?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

SERIOUSPOST: Wish I had a № key instead of the useless #. Who the gently caress uses # for anything?

:nallears:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Live the dream.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

3D Megadoodoo posted:

:dafuq:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Better: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/keyboard-manager

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What the gently caress how often are you using n0

Hashtags, phone #s, passwords

Lemme guess, it's harry Potter slash fiction where they get on no 123/4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

What the gently caress how often are you using n0

Hashtags, phone #s, passwords

Lemme guess, it's harry Potter slash fiction where they get on no 123/4

I only have a work computer (ATM*) and my work involves a lot of numbers - document numbers, order numbers, item numbers, etc.

*) At the moment, not rear end-to-mouth

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Typing it out as 'Mambo №5' saves you whole three characters. It's not a small thing.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Typing it out as 'Mambo №5' saves you whole three characters. It's not a small thing.

I like that in order to type that using the HTML escape sequence the forum turns it into you need the # symbol

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
№! *

* NUMBER!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*click* №ICE!

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Plank Walker posted:

tbh most people would be more productive and happier at work if management rewarded them with whatever weird sex poo poo they were into

holy poo poo im discarding the immortal science of marxism for mommy-dom capitalism AS WE SPEAK

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Dumb people who hear that it's called the "pound sign" and think HAY MY WEIGHT IS MEASURED IN POUNDS* and start typing poo poo like "I put on 25# last week"

* which also is dumb

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

isn’t that use (more common historically than today) exactly why it’s called the pound sign?

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
yeah i remember as a kid going to the farmers market and # was a common shorthand for pound.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Weatherman posted:

Dumb people who hear that it's called the "pound sign" and think HAY MY WEIGHT IS MEASURED IN POUNDS* and start typing poo poo like "I put on 25# last week"

* which also is dumb
You may think it's dumb, but it's historical and still being done. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_sign#Usage That is why it's called a pound sign in the US. Everywhere else, a pound sign is £ .

I always call it "sharp" but that's because I learned to read music before I was on computers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

yeah i remember as a kid going to the farmers market and # was a common shorthand for pound.

Farmers all vote right-wing and/I.e. are dumb as gently caress.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

You may think it's dumb, but it's historical and still being done. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_sign#Usage That is why it's called a pound sign in the US. Everywhere else, a pound sign is £ .

I always call it "sharp" but that's because I learned to read music before I was on computers.

Y'all make fun of us for not using metric but at least we use money to pay for things instead of weight :colbert:

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Arsenic Lupin posted:

i got in a fight with some loser at the unicode consortium who tried to tell me that the sharp and the number sign are two totally different glyphs with entirely different lineages

i told him that his pathetic organization is only well-known because they managed to weasel their way into a monopoly on assigning codepoints to emojis and that i hope that it's an albatross around their necks for the rest of their pathetic existence and blocked him

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

All Hail Octothorpe

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

CloFan posted:

All Hail Octothorpe
I somehow learned the word "octothorpe" and "octaroon" around the same time and, well, I never want to make that mistake

again

hj henhemjamib
Sep 16, 2007
simply follow these steps and you be Whammin

Paladinus posted:

this could shave gigabytes off my winamp playlist file size

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

CloFan posted:

All Hail Octothorpe

Octothorpe = best Thorpe.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
In Great Britain, telling someone they've "really put on the pounds" is considered a compliment, congratulating that person for how wealthy they've become.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fame Douglas posted:

In Great Britain, telling someone they've "really put on the pounds" is considered a compliment, congratulating that person for how wealthy they've become.

You've sure got a lot of stones

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Paladinus posted:

Lou Bega chose those three characters very deliberately and you're lucky I don't report you

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
My mom brought me this and now I have questions about the meat in the stuffed cabbage

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Duh Ugh posted:

Octothorpe = best Thorpe.

no octothorpe is the sex tape between Ian Thorpe and Octomom.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

Y'all make fun of us for not using metric but at least we use money to pay for things instead of weight :colbert:

Lmao if you aren't paying for things in precious metals, preferably pounds of sterling silver.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

BonHair posted:

Lmao if you aren't paying for things in precious metals, preferably pounds of sterling silver.

:laffo: at paying for things with a deflationary currency

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Weatherman posted:

They didn't call him the Thorpedo for nothing

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Weatherman posted:

Yeah, that's what i said. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Complications posted:

:laffo: at paying for things with a deflationary currency

lomarf at paying for things