Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

again, lmfao

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Did they at least finish the Trivial Pursuit game before Cole was murdered?

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

DLC Inc posted:

didnt even catch that Ricochet lost to Kross. Forever the biggest jobber in the company

Here's an interesting thought experiment what was the point in making ricochet lose to a guy with no offense, ricochet looks like poo poo, we have no idea if kross is good at wrestling. Do we even want to see more of either of them?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

what was the point in making ricochet lose to a guy with no offense, ricochet looks like poo poo, we have no idea if kross is good at wrestling.

vince and nick hate nxt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

vince and nick hate nxt

Can’t say we completely disagree with them as people anymore

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

judging by the spoilers, I don't think NXT is completely hosed yet, but God knows, after these tapings air I imagine things'll change a lot

anyway, congratulations to Ridge Holland for being the next NXT Champion

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

vince and nick hate nxt

It's cool because if they really hated nxt they could just let roman reigns be on all 7-12 hours of programming. But in reality they just want to have something to fill the space between commercials that doesn't get anyone over or ruin the surprise of a PPV match.

Vince's ideal wrestling promotion would just be a black screen that for some reason people would tolerate putting on every monday night which frequently and violently bursts to life flush with commercials at regular intervals.

And the worst part of it is is that when TNA was in terrible mask guy hell they had the decency to let abyss bump to a (single strand of) barbed wire christmas tree while mike tenay screamed bloody murder

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ricochet is a small flippy dude who's bad at promos and has fully bought into the childhood myth of WWE being his dream job. They've been waiting to poo poo on this guy long before he ever signed, knowing fully well that he'd smile and ask for more. He's the perfect worker bee for them.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Has anyone EVER been more humiliated than Loser Hunter?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

I didn't mean Andrade :colbert:

Rome Hat Reigns

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

Benne posted:

Ricochet is a small flippy dude who's bad at promos and has fully bought into the childhood myth of WWE being his dream job. They've been waiting to poo poo on this guy long before he ever signed, knowing fully well that he'd smile and ask for more. He's the perfect worker bee for them.

Well yeah I get that but how does this give Kross any kind of rub. I mean I guess in the most bland almost unnoticeable way we're supposed to get the kind of "bully smashing nerds" catharsis of a Braun Strowman hitting jobbers spot. Except Kross didn't even smash him that good.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

ThePariah posted:

Has anyone EVER been more humiliated than Loser Hunter?
There's still time to put him on screen and have Stephanie fall for another man while Hunter is rolled off the stage in a wheelchair

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That Kross gear and entrance are so dire. I love that he just stands there in the dark and the big reveal when the lights come up is that he uncrosses his arms.

Also, you know your look is bad when multiple people along the entrance ramp are laughing at you.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It really rules how Vince took one look at Karrion Kross and went "yeah no, gently caress this dude". Like I said, I'm looking forward to his shoot interview when he's fired in a year or something

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Benne posted:

Remember the stories of how he came in for a try out one time and WWE didn't sign him because they were annoyed that people at the PC were marking out that ricochet was there?

"The other wrestlers love him this much? What an rear end in a top hat loser."

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

a cyborg mug posted:

It really rules how Vince took one look at Karrion Kross and went "yeah no, gently caress this dude". Like I said, I'm looking forward to his shoot interview when he's fired in a year or something
if I want to fall asleep to something I'd pick a calming beach loop or a quiet rain storm but that's just me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

It really rules how Vince took one look at Karrion Kross and went "yeah no, gently caress this dude"

The fans, whether at NXT (chanting "Hardy" at him on his way out the door) or the main roster (openly laughing at his look on-camera mid-entrance), doing the same really makes it :kiss:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Part of me feels sorry for Kross since he’s probably the last guy they signed just to keep him from going anywhere else. But on the other hand he knew exactly what he was getting into.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

a cyborg mug posted:

i look forward to him being inevitably either the RoH champion or NWA champion or both

remember when RoH had a show with NJPW at MSG in front of 16000 people and their chosen winner was Matt Taven

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Karrion my wayward Kross
Nick Khan is now your boss
Lay you megapush to rest
Put on the gimp suit

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lid posted:

i look forward to him being inevitably either the RoH champion or NWA champion or both

remember when RoH had a show with NJPW at MSG in front of 16000 people and their chosen winner was Matt Taven

I mean, in hindsight it was better Taven than Lethal (boring) or Scurll (paedophile)

e: not that Taven isn't boring too, but boy howdy was Lethal's reign bad

Venomous fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 24, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress Marty Scurll for making Matt Taven not the worst choice for something

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1430147743704666131

They got a good sense of humor lying like this

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
i too want my child to buy gimp gear

instant edit: oh god imagining Marketing Walter is making me giggle

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
WALTERED BEAST

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Lid posted:

hulk hands but theyre in chop position

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

WWE constantly shoots down their worker's creative and the one loving time they should have adamantly said no, they let Becky Lynch be a heel and light so much money on fire. Incredible.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

His name on the 'tron look like those hanging "Happy Birthday" letters you get at a party supply store.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lid posted:

in that event I imagine he'll just revert to the Gha-cha-ping gimmick https://twitter.com/HeftySteelsak/status/1387034288932233221?s=19

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Tampa Bae posted:

There's still time to put him on screen and have Stephanie fall for another man while Hunter is rolled off the stage in a wheelchair
Vince: "Paul we want to get you back on television."

Hunter: "That's great! I have a short list of people I want to have matches with."

Vince: "We're going to book you as my daughter's cuck."

Hunter:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
thank you bad decision Becky because this one decision is going to do so much to make Britt Baker's alignment confusion look so much better by comparison

I like AEW but I swear they're winning by being consistent and WWE just constantly trying to kill itself. Like people want to think "maybe it'll get good again" it's not even being stable, nor has been stable for years now, its consistently bad and AEW might overtake it just by them meeting in the middle rather than exponential growth

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Hunter: "That's great! I have a short list of people I want to have matches with."

Hunter:

obviously, they're going to job him out to Lashley, because he has experience in this department

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Venomous posted:

in that event I imagine he'll just revert to the Gha-cha-ping gimmick https://twitter.com/HeftySteelsak/status/1387034288932233221?s=19

New season of Southpaw looking good!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

weekly font posted:

WWE constantly shoots down their worker's creative and the one loving time they should have adamantly said no, they let Becky Lynch be a heel and light so much money on fire. Incredible.

Hey now

They also didn't say no to Nikki deciding to be even more of a loser than usual

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

the costume doesn't even look good for what it is. looks cheap and it's hanging off of him. farooq's lovely gladiator gear looked better.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:emptyquote:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
One thing I've seen a lot of on social media during the whole Karrion/Hardy debacle is how people are incredulous that he's not getting pushed to the moon because he's got a "great look", so, lmao @ those people right now.

But even before that, and without the helmet and straps, he still just looks like some dude who should be wearing Oakleys and a camo hat.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Karrion looks like a guy I'd see on Dark who didn't get an entrance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Hunter:

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 24, 2021