Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

i also hate this

i wanted to get back into martial arts this fall but ummm......

Ya the number of ways you can hurt yourself and be told basically to just walk it off because doctors are too busy intubating idiots is just too high rn. I hear at this moment it's fine elective surgeries are happening but the first race is middle of Sept which is when things are just gonna be getting back to :stare: levels.

I gotta stop eating like I'm on a training regimen though Im 15lbs above optimal weight and slowly climbing.

Buying a loving awesome Curious George cycling jersey that's a touch too tight for me will help. I'm gonna rock that so hard next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

blatman posted:

triple vaxxed gets to play as oddjob

unvaxxed have to use big head mode, and are fine with this

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Shitposting can be fun.

Hell ya it can :hfive:

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

EvilJoven posted:

Buying a loving awesome Curious George cycling jersey that's a touch too tight for me will help. I'm gonna rock that so hard next year.

We need covid over (not giving up) so we can see this. We must all rally together so this may be. Because that's awesome.

Also unvaxxed would clearly have to play slaps only in goldeneye.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

EvilJoven posted:

Ya the number of ways you can hurt yourself and be told basically to just walk it off because doctors are too busy intubating idiots is just too high rn. I hear at this moment it's fine elective surgeries are happening but the first race is middle of Sept which is when things are just gonna be getting back to :stare: levels.

I gotta stop eating like I'm on a training regimen though Im 15lbs above optimal weight and slowly climbing.

poo poo now I want a Curious George cycling jersey. Or one that makes me into a sock monkey.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Stick everyone who goes into the voting booth with a blow dart full of Pfizer

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

we are going to build a wall around the rm of stanley and winnipeg is going to pay for it

Just put checkpoints on the few of the paved highways down there and you'll be good. No one will risk their fancy truck on a lovely dirt road.

I'm hoping the presser will be to bring masks back, but it's more likely that they will remove masks entirely and fine businesses that require them.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Fried Watermelon posted:

Enjoy your last few days of breathing and thinking properly(lol), covid is here to stay

As a himbo into breath control, I will not

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

DariusLikewise posted:

its probably some tapas place or something

Tapas is good, I like the little fishies on toasts and drinking too much

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Pallister is going to announce you can only trust your fists. The police will never help you.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Since we're in elections eason, I just remembered the time my MP posted this:

https://twitter.com/melaniejoly/status/708027684450918400

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lmao a toaster oven, god this thread keeps on giving

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
https://twitter.com/danboeckner/status/1430195758981074945?s=21

lol

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

He looks like JT in India. This will be completely lost on his supporters.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

skewetoo posted:

He looks like JT in India. This will be completely lost on his supporters.

oh, no, it's completely different. these people are white

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

skewetoo posted:

This thread is not at all cspam :sad:

we’ve all been posting in it longer than you have

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mask mandate back in BC lol

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

please share your restrictions with alberta and then maybe crank ours up like 7 notches

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
No way

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

THREAD

https://twitter.com/bkives/status/1430208311950036993?s=19

Mask mandate is kind of mostly back? Kind of soft language used but it looks like it's mostly back.

Also lol get hosed healthcare idiots who are vaccine hesitant.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

yup. effective midnight tonight. also mandatory for post-secondary and grade 4-12 in school.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i broke my collarbone back in mid-2019 and they didn't operate because orthopaedic surgeons are lazy. it has nothing to do with the kelowna virus.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

yup. effective midnight tonight. also mandatory for post-secondary and grade 4-12 in school.

LMAO
Grade 4 and up too?

Hahahahaha take that you loving hippies

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I got my blood drawn like two months ago so I can get tiddy juice, and am still waiting thanks to the strain on literally every part of the medical system.

gently caress y'all who are emotionally incapable of not eating out and going to bars and the rodeo

I don't give a single poo poo if meat processing plants are spreading covid, that doesn't excuse you.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
sorry about alberta though, for real.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

THREAD

Mask mandate is kind of mostly back? Kind of soft language used but it looks like it's mostly back.

mask mandate is only for public indoor places, aka schools, courts, leg, etc

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I got my blood drawn like two months ago so I can get tiddy juice, and am still waiting thanks to the strain on literally every part of the medical system.

gently caress y'all who are emotionally incapable of not eating out and going to bars and the rodeo

I don't give a single poo poo if meat processing plants are spreading covid, that doesn't excuse you.

i got a blood test 3 weeks ago and had the results in 8 hours. sorry for your poo poo province lol

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

THREAD

Can't wait to not see the smug grin on people's faces.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

^^^ lol

I criticized BC for relaxing restrictions too soon, but I am overjoyed this week with vaccine passports, province-wide mask mandate, and masks in schools.

BC is nearly leading the country in active COVID-19 cases, and we're over halfway to the numbers we peaked at in December and April—with no sign of slowing down.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Check your myhealth page, it's probably already there. https://myhealth.alberta.ca/ (disclaimer: the website is 10/10 hosed up right now, maybe do it at like 10pm or something)

I had to get 2 blood tests a few days apart, the local ones came back in a day, the special ones that had to get sent to Quebec took almost a month.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

lmao

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

mask mandate is only for public indoor places, aka schools, courts, leg, etc

Appie time at the leg!!!!

drat. Oh well. At least it's something? I don't know.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Juul-Whip posted:

we’ve all been posting in it longer than you have

Need a good ol' fashioned purge

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1430202552344268802

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Yes, but also people who crowded Hudson's on wings night fired a few rounds.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well shame on them.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

out of curiosity is alberta publishing reports on sources of infection/outbreaks, or even tracking them?

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 19:02 on Aug 24, 2021

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

infernal machines posted:

out of curiosity is alberta publishing reports on sources of infection/outbreaks, or even tracking them?

Not that I can find. We had nearly 2k new cases over the weekend, just shy of 8k total.

Riding that 4th wave, this time with no mask mandate for extra thrill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

roughriders

in ontario, pre-delta at least, our infection rates were pegged directly to schools being open or closed. like 1:1 correlation with two weeks after they opened you'd see a rise in cases and the wave would peak two weeks after they closed them. every time. outside of that the reported sources for outbreaks were almost entirely logistics and food processing, with one or two fitness centers in the mix, iirc. ofc most of the time we were in lockdown, under a stay at home order, or under significant restrictions