Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

fosborb posted:

this is the normal view with all states, with deaths backdated 21 days and you can easily see how it lines up with cases over the course of the pandemic.

wait. does that mean we're going to get our first 9/11-in-a-day again //on// 9/11?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

It's funny when you see a climate change thread poster in the wild.

:lol::lmao:

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Logged into twitter for the first time in a while...

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So I'm ordering the 3M 7500 as recommended here. Since I still am a bit paranoid about my honeywell, and also I understand the filters are rainproof?
Speaking of, that's my question; I might as well finally get some gas filters too. I'm not too familiar with the terminology; I just want something to filter out like... general air quality. Allergens, any sort of smoke/smog from fires that might drift here (I live in NY) and whatnot. What filters do I want? And if I decide to be cheap and just get plague-protection, that's just This, right? It seems to be the one mentioned in that chart above but it's not the B/C thing. There's a 3MR7093-B and 3MR7093-C on the site, but they cost literally hundreds of dollars.

Also one last thing; the old OP has a Goon wearing what they call a 3M 7501. I don't see that mentioned on the chart. I'm assuming that's a typo or something and it's just a 7500?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

goth smoking cloves posted:

:lol:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lmao

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fosborb posted:

this is the normal view with all states, with deaths backdated 21 days and you can easily see how it lines up with cases over the course of the pandemic.

and here's Florida lmao

testing is so suppressed compared to earlier waves and deaths are so out of control it looks like deaths are occurring at the same time as positive cases

complete systemic failure

that florida chart is incredible. the really funny one is michigan this spring where they had just enormous amount of cases for some weird reason but it was right when olds got vaxxed against alpha and deaths didnt match at all

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Vermont update for 8/24

106 new cases (60 yesterday)
34 hospitalized (+1 from yesterday)
15 in ICU (+2 from yesterday)
no new deaths

3.1% positive 7-day average

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

:lmao:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/0ddette/status/1430176505477410837?s=19

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

the vice president is looking a little hoarse

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Spoondick posted:

i know a real naysayer but he had to start taking ivermectin because he was a little horse

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

mastershakeman posted:

Halal works too. Even if there isn't a halal butcher nearby, my dad has been trying to set up an agreement with some imams to come out and kill a few of his sheep on site (one argument is who disposes of carcass), with the payment being a bunch of choice cuts - any farmer should be looking into that type of arrangement

my friend who works at proctor and gamble has been staying safe by not eating at work and is on de facto IF and is the first person I've ever seen gain weight doing that. It's a huge bummer

Edit can someone link the goon tracker again, it's one of the best sites for case/lagged death overlays

For clarification: halal meat is also strong and good and is my friend

I live by a kosher butcher but tbh most Ashkenazi food is trash

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Business Gorillas posted:

i come with great news! we're now hiring in NJ & PA!!!

Are YOU a C-SPAMMER who has had their job hosed by COVID or is being forced to go back to a plague pit so your boss can see your smile?
Do YOU or someone you know have a knot in their stomach because they have to roll the dice with death every day for a pitiful paycheck?
Do YOU have a stable internet connection for 40 hours a week and are able to read words, talk without throwing up, and not be a total shithead on the phone?
Do YOU live in Ohio, Delaware, Utah Arizona, Illinois, NEW JERSEY, PITTSBURGH, OR THE PITTSBURGH AREA KNOWN AS PENNSYLVANIA?

GOOD NEWS! WE'RE HIRING!

Hi! My name is Business Gorillas and I want to do BUSINESS with YOU!!! My company is currently hiring for phone jockeys in a couple different departments. These are entry-level customer service positions with the following benefits:

- :siren: COMPLETELY WORK FROM HOME, WE'LL EVEN MAIL YOU A COMPUTER :siren:
- $16.00/hour starting and guaranteed full time
- A signing bonus of up to $2,000 if you stay for one year.
- Full benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, ~20 days of PTO, no-excuse sick time, and education assistance totaling a maximum of $10,000 a year.

I'm not going to lie, the jobs I have are dull and unrewarding, but I bet your current job is too! Tell those petty tyrants you debase yourself for tips to or that retail manager who keeps hitting on the 17 year olds to work with to :supaburn:GO TO HELL:supaburn: and join a company that won't ask you to risk your lungs for your pay. Hell, as long as you're not awful, there's plenty of room for promotions as soon as there's spots available!

:smith: "All I have on my resume is that I was a worker at the Dick Sucking Factory for 3 years and a Grease Trap at McDonald's..." :smith:
I DON'T CARE. I'm not here to make commissions or get money for what I'm doing, I'm here to keep you alive. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO RISK THEIR LIFE FOR A PAYCHECK, AND THAT INCLUDES YOU. Send me a DM and we'll work on your resume! I'm a bullshit artist by trade, so let me help YOU get a job where you can dodge Delta.

:smith: "I'm not in one of those states you talked about..." :smith:
SEND ME A DM ANYWAYS! If I can't find you a job, I'm working with other goons that also have positions at their own companies. If they're a good fit, I'll connect you two!

:smith: "I want a WFH job, but I have skills and $16.00 doesn't work for me..." :smith:
STILL TALK TO ME! The goons I'm working with have other jobs available. Hell, if I think you're overqualified for my jobs, I'll connect you to them anyways! I want you to make as much money for as little work as possible!

WE LOSE ENOUGH OF OUR LIVES TO OUR WORK, GOON. THERE'S NO REASON TO LOSE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE OF IT.

Inquire Within or send me an email at wfhjobsforgoons at gmail dot com

always quotin' BG - good on you, friend

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm really excited for my dad to get a stroke or something next month and not be able to get into the hospital.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

That guys platform for 2021 is "Make artistic Theft Great Again"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Covid can not infect you if you eat your own cum.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Shitpostradomus posted:

wait. does that mean we're going to get our first 9/11-in-a-day again //on// 9/11?

:pray:
Please let this loving happen

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mr Interweb posted:

i'm legit trying to wonder what breed of covidiot simultanteously thinks it's both no worse than the flu, but also scared enough of it to take horse paste in order to avoid it

sheep drench is the connoisseur's choice to ingest product made for external use on livestock

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

I'm really excited for my dad to get a stroke or something next month and not be able to get into the hospital.

*Patriotic Chud Wheezing Sounds in ER*

Just the Flu!

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

automate the nurses

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Looks like Israeli's state run hospital system is starting fall apart due to size of the new case surge

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/israel-s-public-hospitals-say-they-won-t-take-in-more-covid-patients-1.10141209

Also similar to the US, ultra-conservative types are driving a majority of the new cases due to refusing to get vaccinated.

quote:

Israel's public hospitals will start refusing to take in new coronavirus patients as of Monday, their directors said on Sunday, citing budget constraints and a lack of personnel.

The hospital directors stated at a press conference outside the Health Ministry's office in Jerusalem that in addition, they would start working in weekend mode as of Wednesday in a protest over their budget shortage.

"Bureaucracy, excuses, committees – we can't take in coronavirus patients anymore. This isn't a strike – we just can't do it," said Laniado director general Nadav Chen. The hospital doesn't have money to pay suppliers and lacks staff because "promises weren't followed through," he said. "The hospitals need to be managed day by day, hour by hour. There are a lot of crises. This is what's going on – it's embarrassing."

Ofer Merin, director general of Shaare Zedek Medical Center, also said that the government had failed to abide by an agreement that was supposed to give hospitals around 1 billion shekels in assistance beginning in January of this year.

The country's public hospitals are Shaare Zedek Medical Center and Hadassah University Hospital, both in Jerusalem; Laniado Hospital in Netanya; Mayanei Hayeshua Medical Center in Bnei Brak; and the French Hospital, the Holy Family Hospital, and the English Hospital in Nazareth.

ost of these hospitals have been among Israel's most crowded throughout the coronavirus pandemic. The majority of coronavirus patients from the Jerusalem area – which has more than a million residents – are hospitalized at Hadassah and Shaare Zedek. Mayanei Hayeshua in Bnei Brak has also faced heavy crowding given the high infection rate in the mostly ultra-Orthodox city, as has Laniado in Netanya. Recently, coronavirus patients were transferred from Mayanei Hayeshua and Laniado to hospitals in Jerusalem due to overcrowding.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Pillowpants posted:

Who wants to know HHS numbers? Updated at 9am

75% of beds Inpatient beds nationwide are in use.
18% of those are COVID related.
77% of ICU Staffed beds are full - AL is at 102%, MS and FL are at 94%, TX/GA at 93%, with another 11 states at or above 80% ICU occupancy

what is normal? is there historic data? thinking about that chud talking point that hospitals are usually understaffed so "full"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oh right it’s 20 years of 911 this year

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Stereotype posted:

yeah it’s 1312 people who can never test positive for covid again.

All Covids Are Brutal

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

does anyone even come off ecmo lol

it mostly seems like "well we're gonna do this because the family demands we try everything" and doesn't seem to accomplish much beyond bankrupting people

it's pretty amazing technology but i feel like i have yet to hear of someone with covid bad enough to need it ever recovering

ECMO, much like everything in the medical ICU, is intended to support the boDy in the hopes that it can heal itself. None of this stuff is curative (aside from antibiotics). Venoarterial ECMO It has the most success as a bridge therapy for lung transplants in adults. Due to expense and scarcity, it mostly gets used as a salvage treatment for acute resp failure in adults. But at that point they're usually too sick to heal and it's just a slow steady spiral.

If we got good candidates on ECMO earlier, outcomes would certainly improve. But its kept as measure of last resort, keeping outcomes bad thereby justifying admin decision to keep it as measure of last resort, etc

lil poopendorfer fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 24, 2021

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

I thought this one might be a troll at first, but then I searched "vision" in that group and :catstare:

Going blind to trigger the libs.

EDIT: ah whoops should have just read the next page where other posters did the same

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

oh right it’s 20 years of 911 this year

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Schnorkles posted:

Schnorkwife had a fever last night, which all but confirms it at this point. Can basically check off the entire list of onset symptoms plus nausea.

Thankfully the little plane is a little stuffed up but otherwise motoring around unaffected.

Congrats on getting covid schnorkles

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mayor Dave posted:

Congrats on getting covid schnorkles

i don't have lungs idiot

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lil poopendorfer posted:

ECMO, much like everything in the medical ICU, is intended to support the boDy in the hopes that it can heal itself. None of this stuff is curative (aside from antibiotics). Venoarterial ECMO It has the most success as a bridge therapy for lung transplants in adults. Due to expense and scarcity, it mostly gets used as a salvage treatment for acute resp failure in adults. But at that point they're usually too sick to heal and it's just a slow steady spiral.

If we got good candidates on ECMO earlier, outcomes would certainly improve. But its kept as measure of last resort, keeping outcomes bad thereby justifying admin decision to keep it as measure of last resort, etc

that /r/nursing post linked before had a couple ICU nurses saying they get over 50% recovery for covid ECMO patients.

because they only give it to the healthiest possible patients, making that an absolute best-case rate.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

that /r/nursing post linked before had a couple ICU nurses saying they get over 50% recovery for covid ECMO patients.

because they only give it to the healthiest possible patients, making that an absolute best-case rate.

so ECMO kills about half the patients that are put on it.

cool

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Golli posted:

so ECMO kills about half the patients that are put on it.

cool

i think the CFR of COVID when you hit the ICU isn't good pretty much no matter what

Marlow
Jan 11, 2007

Foreign dokaebi
I live in a chud enclave that is looking to basically invalidate the governor's mask mandate for schools by allowing 'personal, parental, or doctor's letters' to exempt children from wearing masks in the classroom. It's going to a vote in the school board tonight, and it's going to pass because the board has like 2 reasonable people that are frantically scrambling to do anything, 2 folks that are 'well accccctuuualllllyyyy' freakonomics 'centerists,' and like 10 hardcore monied right wing death cultists.

The meeting to vote on it is tonight and I plan on going, getting shouted down and possibly infected, to at least speak my piece publicly so at least I'll be able to know I did what little I could.

All of this is to ask:

Could you folks either reply or PM me with as much recent data about child covid hospitalizations, long covid in kids, and school related covid deaths? I can't believe that's a sentence I had to type buy hey open biden :crackping:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Wife described ECMO to me, I thought it was vent but lmao it's infusing the blood with oxygen and when I asked about quadrupled pts she just crack pinged.

She's back in the ED in two weeks, going to be great, just fantastic

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

etalian posted:

Looks like Israeli's state run hospital system is starting fall apart due to size of the new case surge

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/israel-s-public-hospitals-say-they-won-t-take-in-more-covid-patients-1.10141209

Also similar to the US, ultra-conservative types are driving a majority of the new cases due to refusing to get vaccinated.

this is really good news that vaccines will help prevent any covid surge

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
teachers meeting still going well

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/georgehahn/status/1429945529925001216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

fosborb posted:

complete systemic failure

Hahaha the NY state version is messed up because of the initial doom NYC wave:

Would it be too hard to add a date-cut to exclude the first wave? Would love to see more clearly where we are in reproducing the Fall/Winter wave. Was thinking of making an NYC-specific version of this but :effort:

This is fantastic btw