Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

God dammit Bobby, you bought me Quake for the Switch, you know I got an ex-box!

Bobby just wants to play with motion controls only so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Peggy plays Animal Crossing and yells at the Villagers.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bill makes up a lie about playing on Super Nightmare, but Dale calls him out on it. "The source code was leaked, Bill! We all know there's no Super Nightmare mode!"

Hank: *sighs* "First of all, it wasn't leaked, Dale. It was officially released..."
Dale: "That's what you believe."
Hank: *a second sigh* "Secondly, Bill, you can't even beat it on medium. Don't try and kid yourself."
Bill: "Sorry, Hank."

Meanwhile:

Peggy loads up the remaster. "Oh my, I can switch the language to Spanish! Well this is now edutainment. Be prepared to suck on my el-boomsticko. Dondo est la quattro damagero?" *accidentally switches it to German instead*

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

Peggy plays Animal Crossing and yells at the Villagers.

Peggy sends them thoughtfully written letters and gets upset when they don't take her helpful decorating suggestions.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

dolphinbomb posted:

Peggy sends them thoughtfully written letters and gets upset when they don't take her helpful decorating suggestions.

Peggy swaps friend codes with a Spanish native speaker and corrects their Spanish the entire time then complains to Hank at dinner about what an awful time she had and how that kid needs to go to class more. The other player is even older than Peggy (and obviously typing perfect Spanish).

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Peggy is one of the last dedicated Words With Friends and Farmville players because she's nationally ranked and refuses to stop playing them every day.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Minh is very upset her secret onlyfans is going to getcshut down.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

twistedmentat posted:

Joseph would be more upset.

Or watch Hank sign up after being tricked into thinking it’s a Cowboys thing

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

PinheadSlim posted:

Peggy is one of the last dedicated Words With Friends and Farmville players because she's nationally ranked and refuses to stop playing them every day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Good news! They reversed the ban!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Weird question but what's everyones favorite character? My gut reaction was like Hank or Bobby but the more I thought about it the more I realized it was Luanne or Dale, maybe even Peggy. Bonus points for your favorite side character. Mine's probably Appleseed, the hippy that Hank works with in the co-op episode

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
i like the mouthy ginger from bobby's school

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

runnypoops posted:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dale is my favorite,

Fave Side character has got to be Joe Jack, honey

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

PinheadSlim posted:

Weird question but what's everyones favorite character? My gut reaction was like Hank or Bobby but the more I thought about it the more I realized it was Luanne or Dale, maybe even Peggy. Bonus points for your favorite side character. Mine's probably Appleseed, the hippy that Hank works with in the co-op episode

Bill. He doesn’t commit suicide even though it’s clear his depression will probably never get better. That shows immense strength of character, honestly it’s a bit inspiring.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Dale probably.

Speaking of Joe Jack, is that a Texas thing? Like a Manly Texas dude can call another dude Honey and its perfectly normal? Like here (in Canada) a guy can call his daughter/niece/GF/Wife, Honey, but a dude calling another dude Honey would get a bit of side eye***.

*** Nothing wrong with LGBTQ+ people, it would just seem weird, because its not common around here. Or not that I've seen anyway.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
buck strickland, because hes everything good and everything terrible about america all at once. different from the everyman, more like every-man

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The real protagonist is sweet lady propane.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You're a loser, which means I'm a loser, which means my dad was right!

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Dale probably.

Speaking of Joe Jack, is that a Texas thing? Like a Manly Texas dude can call another dude Honey and its perfectly normal? Like here (in Canada) a guy can call his daughter/niece/GF/Wife, Honey, but a dude calling another dude Honey would get a bit of side eye***.

*** Nothing wrong with LGBTQ+ people, it would just seem weird, because its not common around here. Or not that I've seen anyway.

I don't remember Joe Jack having relationships with women, but I always assumed he was bisexual or queer. He's comfortable with bending gender norms and with himself in general. Unless I'm forgetting something. His alcoholism.

My overall favorite is Peggy. I plan to do a needlepoint project at some point with my favorite Peggy quote: "Luckily, I have enough faith in me for the both of us." It'll be prominently displayed in my cubicle.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Dale probably.

Speaking of Joe Jack, is that a Texas thing? Like a Manly Texas dude can call another dude Honey and its perfectly normal? Like here (in Canada) a guy can call his daughter/niece/GF/Wife, Honey, but a dude calling another dude Honey would get a bit of side eye***

quote:

His voice bears a striking similarity to Orville "Hoppy" Jones of the Ink Spots; including his use of "honey", which was a common theme in the spoken word portions of the Ink Spots songs:

Their songs usually began with a guitar riff... the bass would either recite the first half, or ... speak the words... commonly using the words "Honey Child", or "Honey Babe", expressing his love for his darling in the song.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I'm also gonna add that my least favorite character is Ted Wassanasong and his family. Every other character has some depth or redeeming qualities but Ted is just a 1%er who exploits Khans insecurities about cultural identity because it might convince Khan to sacrifice his life in the name of Ted playing pretend Revolutionary. His son is an actual monster and Cindy Wassanasong just exploits Peggy and Minh whenever she needs something.

Awful awful awful

They make Buck Strickland look like a saint in comparison

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 28, 2021

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I think the only one I’d want to hang out with would be Boomhaur… but for the most laughs I’d say Buck or Cotton…

Maybe Thatherton ;)

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Joe Jack reminds me of the guy that sings Polk Salad Annie

the gator’s got ya granny

e: https://youtu.be/MCSsVvlj6YA

Highbrow Slick fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 28, 2021

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

namlosh posted:

I think the only one I’d want to hang out with would be Boomhaur

For me thats Lucky

I want to drive trucks then get drunk and holler at the moon

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Betazoid posted:

I don't remember Joe Jack having relationships with women, but I always assumed he was bisexual or queer. He's comfortable with bending gender norms and with himself in general. Unless I'm forgetting something. His alcoholism.

My overall favorite is Peggy. I plan to do a needlepoint project at some point with my favorite Peggy quote: "Luckily, I have enough faith in me for the both of us." It'll be prominently displayed in my cubicle.

Joe Jack is one of the first people to start hassling Bill at the christmas party when he's having the Lenore breakdown if memory serves.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yea but was no meal for ol' beal early enough in the series where the bit characters didn't have any character yet?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Someone please switch hank's face with the puberty throwback one

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

PinheadSlim posted:

For me thats Lucky

I want to drive trucks then get drunk and holler at the moon

Who wouldn't want to hang with Tom Petty?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dale probably.

Toadvine calls the kid honey in blood meridian while they're whaling on old syndey

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I think Bill is my favorite, not that I'd want to hang out with him but he makes for funny episodes.

Dale probably.

There are definitely a decent number of women in Texas (the South and Midwest too) who will call everyone honey or sug' or whatever. I've never met any men that did that. I didn't get the impression it was supposed to be a gay coded thing, but maybe.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm a little sad they never did more with the mechanical genius Luanne of the first few seasons.

Better than manger babies imho. Wot wot!

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

External Organs posted:

I'm a little sad they never did more with the mechanical genius Luanne of the first few seasons.

Better than manger babies imho. Wot wot!

This.. I was going to go with her as a favorite but not without this… plus there needed to be more episodes with her and Cotton. It’s always fun when one of the characters sees completely through a behavior and acts appropriately to something or someone the other characters have decided to put up with for whatever reason.

“Touch me again and you’ll be wearing that corn pone old man”

It’s another reason I think Cotton’s completely full of poo poo… he always backs down when challenged even a little.

Oh poo poo, I forgot about Gary Kazner… Him, I like

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

namlosh posted:

It’s another reason I think Cotton’s completely full of poo poo… he always backs down when challenged even a little.

He's already killed fiddy men.
Thats enough killing for one life time I reckon.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

namlosh posted:

It’s always fun when one of the characters sees completely through a behavior and acts appropriately to something or someone the other characters have decided to put up with for whatever reason.

Not just Luanne and Cotton, but Cotton and Khan too but I guess that sticks longer because it's brought up like 10 seasons later in the Dale Tech episode.

Khan can't keep nothing from Cotton lol

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

'Fat white lump' is about me?!

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

runnypoops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXKVNGZA5ZM&t=31s

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'll never forget you, Doc Platter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lol, did it turn out he was demented and Hank was ascribing folksy wisdom to everything out of his mouth ala Joe Biden? Been awhile since I seen that'ne.