Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marlow
Jan 11, 2007

Foreign dokaebi

Absolute hero!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Buffer posted:

Yesterday -1 of those positive students was in kiddos class, they quarantined a 3 foot zone around the positive

bubble boy but with no bubble

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Thesaurus posted:

so did any goons unlock the secret series of words to say to a pediatrician to get their kid an off label Pfizer shot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYS6V3rDT6c

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/mmasnick/status/1430197204443013122

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

tenderjerk posted:

Maybe don't put every goddamn thing behind a paywall, nyt

The NYT was started bc some rich psychopath was pissed the big New York newspaper at the time kept publishing editorials by Karl Marx, iirc. It's always been an agent of class warfare

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

https://twitter.com/davidmweissman/status/1430000630110818304?s=19

:thunk:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Lovelyn posted:

Tell your mom about your nurse friend, Lovelyn, who volunteered at a childhood vaccine clinic wearing her elastomeric, and none of the kids were afraid (of the mask. They were very afraid of the needles). Most thought it was cool!

we totally could have sold young kids on the idea of everyone wearing a mask as it being a year of astronaut/submarine school.

basically what pediatric hospitals do to make kids cool about getting CT and MRI scans:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Marlow posted:

Absolute hero!

osprey was the one that started it, I'm just a contributor

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
we didn't even make it a week, lmao

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Pony posted:

we totally could have sold young kids on the idea of everyone wearing a mask as it being a year of astronaut/submarine school.

basically what pediatric hospitals do to make kids cool about getting CT and MRI scans:

our thread MRI tech should do this to their work environment to spruce it up a bit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

discoukulele posted:

lmao in Austin, 5 out of 8 hospitals are at 100% and the other three are around 98%.

Lollin that Austin likes to pretend it’s a real city when they’ve only got eight hospitals

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I know there have been some email blasts for school boards and such, but I’m on the hunt for some data on how fast outbreaks are happening at open schools summaries.

For an overall “think of the children” thread, Feigl-Ding has a good one starting with a 3yr old on oxygen.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1428692825789587464

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

smoobles posted:

(Crysis suit voice) MAXIMUM TITERS

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Buffer posted:

Kiddo went back to LAUSD last monday, KN95ed up.

Tests were wednesday - 2 day turnaround
On friday - 5 positive students, case rate 50/100k vs. 30/100k in the community
Yesterday -1 of those positive students was in kiddos class, they quarantined a 3 foot zone around the positive

This is fine.

:(

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

god I hate these people so much

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

conventions have been showing record numbers as well, the ones that have happened this year at least

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003

Marlow posted:

I live in a chud enclave that is looking to basically invalidate the governor's mask mandate for schools by allowing 'personal, parental, or doctor's letters' to exempt children from wearing masks in the classroom. It's going to a vote in the school board tonight, and it's going to pass because the board has like 2 reasonable people that are frantically scrambling to do anything, 2 folks that are 'well accccctuuualllllyyyy' freakonomics 'centerists,' and like 10 hardcore monied right wing death cultists.

The meeting to vote on it is tonight and I plan on going, getting shouted down and possibly infected, to at least speak my piece publicly so at least I'll be able to know I did what little I could.

All of this is to ask:

Could you folks either reply or PM me with as much recent data about child covid hospitalizations, long covid in kids, and school related covid deaths? I can't believe that's a sentence I had to type buy hey open biden :crackping:

mdemone's email (with citations) from last thread was really good - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926175&userid=19348&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post516563816

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Buffer posted:

This is fine.

Holy poo poo I am so sorry. Good luck.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/WLWT/status/1430199007880663043?s=20

:tif:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Buffer posted:

This is fine.

any idea how they did the 3 foot zone? shared tables where the kids at the table go home, desks 3.01' apart so no one goes home, something else?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

nothing good ever happens

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

we need emergency funds for more truancy cops. Make sure they are fully kitted out with akimbo assault rifle 15s and MRAPS.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Der Meister posted:

nothing good ever happens

wrong!
https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1429749027063672840?s=20

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Spoondick posted:

a chud walks in to tractor supply and grabs a tube of ivermectin, the cashier says "why the long face?"

lol

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
Thank you to everyone expressing sympathy - we're fine we think, kiddo was outside the 3 foot zone(lmao), and was negative on a rapid antigen at what would've been 5 days from exposure, we'll find out for sure sure Friday.

LA has one of the better OPEN BIDEN plans as far as I can tell - all kids have to be masked, vaccines required for staff/teachers, they eat outside w/ separation, tests every week - so I'm just joker laughing p. hard about not even making it a week because community transmission is so darn high.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

please Xi I am begging you

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Thefpl.us stumbled across this wonderful website a while back: https://www.cowurine.com/

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1430204594844483590

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

don’t those people have day jobs in other hospitals lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/news5wcyb/status/1430175855486062604?s=20

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

euphronius posted:

please Xi I am begging you

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

euphronius posted:

medically trained staff could mean everything

congrats here are some CNAs. just like fill them in on ventilator settings

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
Got a notice that 3 people in my office are covid positive

Suddenly me making a big stink to HR last month about "my immunocompromised health" and being granted full wfh doesn't sound so dumb

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

ah yes, let’s cram in a bunch more goobers whose day job is assistant manager at the local above ground pool supply store that will sure help

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

what kind of hillbilly medicine you boys doin in north carolina where cna's are touching vents?!

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

E-2 infantry troop with basic training first aid course

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

euphronius posted:

Reminds me if you monkey fist wish for a massage you got to think about where the masseuse came from and what was he doing before he got poofed in front of you. Was he driving a car that is now driverless and crashed into a crowd of children?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Buffer posted:

This is fine.
lmao oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

tenderjerk posted:

Got a notice that 3 people in my office are covid positive

Suddenly me making a big stink to HR last month about "my immunocompromised health" and being granted full wfh doesn't sound so dumb

Only because you're the only person at your office who is able to extrapolate beyond the next instant lol