Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

what they realized in florida and I assume elsewhere is that you can't quarantine effectively and still keep schools open, so they make all these ridiculous exceptions to keep as many infected people in school as possible

- if a child or staff member wears a mask (even poorly), they cannot be considered exposed and do not have to quarantine
- if an unmasked child is listed as sitting further than like 3 feet from the infected child kid on the seating chart, it's not an exposure because kids do not move around and certainly don't have recess or lunch.
- if a staff member is vaccinated, they cannot be considered exposed and do not have to quarantine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s so long from now we could have a totally different variant surging lmao

Also that is a big IF

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
boss' friend who took up a hospital bed mainlining horse paste into his dome is stable.
coworker with the toddler they brought to work that got sick a day and a half after - now out sick with some mystery illness; toddler still ill as well.

boss' partner: currently home looking after one of their kids. kid had a travel baseball tourney last weekend. got a text if i knew what would cause rash ("redish but a tiny bit of blueish") on the kid's fingers with an escalating fever. "probably want to check his toes, too." phone goes bzzt, bzzt: 'so you've heard of this before, is it from the field do you think?'
i answered kind of ambiguously since technically he probably did / it's probably not something he picked up due to the soil.

his partner called - feels sort of ill, won't be here today. he's at the dentist so rip to the dentist. he kept clearing his throat yesterday like he couldn't get a word in edgewise against phlegm.
"just a little sore throat from allergies." well in that case, go ahead and close my office door while we breathe each other's air.
everyone here has a cough and i'm only quietly fitting in because i'm a 20-pack-year smoker that's spent a lot of time on the porch smoking every night the last two weeks.

i'd be more freaked out but i've been on-site for the last three months, everyone but me getting progressively more lung-sick over the last two weeks.

also a raccoon climbed up our apartment's gutter last night to our (third floor) balcony. i thought i may have been way more gone than i thought but, no: just chilling there with my whiskey cork in it's mouth. i brought it some watermellon, pita and water. went for the water first. drank for a few solid minutes; hasn't rained past convection here in over a month. ate everything. just kinda scooched back down after.

anyhow tl;dr: pasteface lives; sounds like covid-toe; "you can get a rabies shot anywhere right" post looming on the horizon

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

spring of what year?

Honestly if they're saying "We can have COVID under control by spring of 2022" that's basically the equivalent of total capitulation and the expectation that everyone is going to get it or be exposed to it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Norton posted:

what they realized in florida and I assume elsewhere is that you can't quarantine effectively and still keep schools open, so they make all these ridiculous exceptions to keep as many infected people in school as possible

- if a child or staff member wears a mask (even poorly), they cannot be considered exposed and do not have to quarantine
- if an unmasked child is listed as sitting further than like 3 feet from the infected child kid on the seating chart, it's not an exposure because kids do not move around and certainly don't have recess or lunch.
- if a staff member is vaccinated, they cannot be considered exposed and do not have to quarantine

there is also a 15 minute exposure requirement

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Korean Boomhauer posted:

conventions have been showing record numbers as well, the ones that have happened this year at least

when I saw Dragoncon is still happening I was very crack ping

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

don’t worry my town listed out their priorities and one of them is “no symptomatic people in school” so it is good to know COVID can only be transmitted by visibly sick, coughing people :)

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

just dunking on the west

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

I can't believe this is not satire. All the way down to the fish in the thumbnail, which one has to conclude is what is inserted in the rear end of the patient.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

euphronius posted:

please Xi I am begging you

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

"Me and your dad are at the beach with [friends]. Wanted to let you know your cousin in the hospital with covid has died."

:crackping:

My elderly in-laws just sent us a picture of them rafting down the Colorado River with four randoms; none of the six people were wearing masks. They were vaccinated in February. A few days before this they got stuck on a crowded train for six hours; it was supposed to be a one hour trip.

I told my wife to prepare for one or both of them to not come home.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

euphronius posted:

don’t those people have day jobs in other hospitals lmao

I can't imagine how pissed I would be if I was a nurse and then get called up and sent back to the same hospital to help out but instead of getting paid $60 bucks an hour they just pay whatever you get when deployed

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol I was about to post that if you need to eat meat, find a kosher or halal butcher

thinking very hard about the FDA saying that inspectors at the feces-ridden portion of the line are no longer necessary and factories can self-police.

hmm, sounds like the fda is bullshit that is not to be believed!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202108/1231005.shtml

article mentioned earlier by Zhang Yiwu

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Strep Vote posted:

There's a juvenile barred owl in my front yard who is learning to hoot. :kimchi:

Lucky! I haven't seen or heard much this year of the pair that have our valley in their territory.

A few years ago one of the adults was killed on the road at the beginning of nesting season. The surviving adult parked the three fledglings behind our house while they flew themselves ragged feeding them. We got to watch them grow up and it will remain one of the special moments in my life.

Oddly enough the songbirds, crows, and whatnot didn't mob the fledglings but the adult was regularly driven into the trees by a motley collection of towhees, thrushes, robins, and hummingbirds (:stare:). Apparently the plastic owl dummies sold to scare off birds are modelled after juvenile owls because the birds dgaf about them either.

Not looking forward to the next bird flu pandemic when idiots use it as an excuse to shoot anything with wings.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

B-Rock452 posted:

I can't imagine how pissed I would be if I was a nurse and then get called up and sent back to the same hospital to help out but instead of getting paid $60 bucks an hour they just pay whatever you get when deployed

and they would be forced to get a vaccinated when called up lmao

owned

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

:thunk:

Activate the draft and vaccinate all males ??

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Norton posted:

Seems like the optimal move is to be vaxxed and always wear a mask but never admit to either of those things.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

euphronius posted:

:thunk:

Activate the draft and vaccinate all males ??

been saying something like this for months

its literally the only established federal institution capable of handling something like this lol

dear government yes I am draft age and registered

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Crunchy Black posted:

every employer continues to lean on the 6 feet/15 minute thing as if it’s gospel

together with plastic barriers

all the bullshit we imagined as sufficient in March 2020 that we know is useless now

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Finally, innovation.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

euphronius posted:

Also that is a big IF

buried in there too is an assumption by fauci that restaurants, theaters, etc. will close down again and then be ready to open again in spring

LMAO

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

you can draft all the females too now

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

inflate my covid hole, daddy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crunchy Black posted:

been saying something like this for months

its literally the only established federal institution capable of handling something like this lol

dear government yes I am draft age and registered

expand draft to all people not just males

two birds with one stone

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

i was already doing half-assed intermittent fasting for about two weeks now, but a nice goon sent me over an exercise plan that I can do from home so I've started doing that too

it’s genuinely heartwarming to see goons helping goons, I don’t know if there’s a similar online nexus of people actually keeping track of things and helping each other stay safe and sane through the pandemic. it’s actually really loving weird that this is the only place.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

buried in there too is an assumption by fauci that restaurants, theaters, etc. will close down again and then be ready to open again in spring

LMAO

hahahahh

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

Hey Rubby, I got in early on the first round of shirts before they got pulled. It looks like I made it under the wire because it just arrived:

It sucks a little that you lost whatever share of the money when they nuked your account but I thought you might like to see one more of your shirts out in the wild.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol activating the draft would be so funny

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

euphronius posted:

expand draft to all people not just males

two birds with one stone

:hmmyes:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Imagine a trolley that is going down your trachea. On the other track is your butt.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Crunchy Black posted:

pax west is apparently happening in two weeks lmao

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i assume this who "short delta wave" thing comes from the UK, where it turned out to not really be true

anyway, school starts this week, so good luck!

https://twitter.com/ValleyReporter/status/1430212333155069955

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

draft everyone and say discharge is only possible for the vaccinated

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shitpostradomus posted:

anyhow tl;dr: pasteface lives; sounds like covid-toe; "you can get a rabies shot anywhere right" post looming on the horizon

Thanks for the update. I was telling your first post story to some friends and they were laughing their asses off

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Crunchy Black posted:

I live directly across the lake from the place in Georgia that was having KKK rallies in the 80s OP

I graduated high school with ~20 people of color out of 300. I never went to public school with not just any practicing Jews but anyone who would be associated with the heritage.

*bagel joke*

Oconee area?

smoobles posted:

266,000 cases yesterday :eyepop:

why is world-o so far behind right now?

mastershakeman posted:

Halal works too. Even if there isn't a halal butcher nearby, my dad has been trying to set up an agreement with some imams to come out and kill a few of his sheep on site (one argument is who disposes of carcass), with the payment being a bunch of choice cuts - any farmer should be looking into that type of arrangement

fun fact: they won't even speak to women farmers around here. they demand to speak to my husband who is clearly the real farmer. I gave them his email. he asked me why the hell people are asking him sheep things and told them it's my thing. They don't believe him :lol:

euphronius posted:

there is also a 15 minute exposure requirement

not with delta. there are cases from seconds of exposure.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius posted:

draft everyone and say discharge is only possible for the vaccinated

if only, I'd pay good money to watch the meltdowns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Oconee area?

why is world-o so far behind right now?

fun fact: they won't even speak to women farmers around here. they demand to speak to my husband who is clearly the real farmer. I gave them his email. he asked me why the hell people are asking him sheep things and told them it's my thing. They don't believe him :lol:

not with delta. there are cases from seconds of exposure.

no I’m saying schools don’t count it as an exposure unless you spend more then 15 minutes in one event with the covid positive person

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

lol what no Flowery Branch. What lake are you thinking of other than, idk, the biggest one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

euphronius posted:

Also that is a big IF
honestly surprised we haven't had some new Florida-Man variant yet