Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Microsoft in 2021: y'all still like zombie games???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I wasn’t looking at the screen was that a McDonald’s ad in a pirate videogame

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I wasn’t looking at the screen was that a McDonald’s ad in a pirate videogame

Worse. Borderlands.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

John F Bennett posted:

They said in advance that there would be no major announcements or surprises. But still a cool presentation if you somehow don't know how a trebuchet works.

How is the Wasteland series anyway?

Its like xcom combat and old fallout conversation/questing mixed together. Its ok

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

My son and his buddies play state of decay 2 every drat opportunity they have. It’s weird, not what I would have them expected them to latch onto.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

strayblade looks like an ad for a mobile game that ends up having completely different gameplay

it doesn't look terrible but if you're gonna do soulsy stuff there's already a high bar to clear just to get people to play your game over existing ones

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Did they just say that Crusader Kings 3 is coming to Xbox?!

This is huge for me, yowza! My pc was never strong enough for this, I am very excited.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

John F Bennett posted:

This is huge for me, yowza! My pc was never strong enough for this, I am very excited.
I know, right 👀

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

John F Bennett posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing how it works with a controller and can you use one for the pc versions.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

adhuin posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing how it works with a controller and can you use one for the pc versions.
It sure looked like it works really great from what they showed.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Akuma posted:

It sure looked like it works really great from what they showed.
😉

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

adhuin posted:

They specifically said it's an adaptation rather than port, so I wouldn't expect the controller stuff to go backwards to PC. They didn't say so explicitly but I feel like adaption was used to manage expectations, like it'll be a stripped down version as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

any good games

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Professor Beetus posted:

They specifically said it's an adaptation rather than port, so I wouldn't expect the controller stuff to go backwards to PC. They didn't say so explicitly but I feel like adaption was used to manage expectations, like it'll be a stripped down version as well.
I got the sense that they had the opposite intention, that they wanted to convey that a lot of work went into making the full game work well on consoles. Guess we'll have to see, though.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

poo poo tons, you missed the commercial of the century.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

It is possible and has been done. Stellaris and Civilization 6 were fully reworked for console without sacrificing anything from the pc version. I own Civ 6 on pc and xbox but I think the controls on xbox are so well done that I never play it on pc anymore, only thing missing are mods of course.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

So I just checked and apparently it's public now so I don't have to be coy, we're making Crusader Kings 3 at Lab42 and it's really cool!

(I was told it wouldn't be announced it's us but Polygon has our name in their article, so)

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

That FH5 controller is unreal.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Akuma posted:

So I just checked and apparently it's public now so I don't have to be coy, we're making Crusader Kings 3 at Lab42 and it's really cool!

(I was told it wouldn't be announced it's us but Polygon has our name in their article, so)

You are on the inside? :captainpop:

Great stuff, this reveal was by far the biggest reveal of this year for me personally. I am so looking forward to it.

I suppose the release date isn't yet known?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

That FH5 controller is unreal.

It's so ugly. I love it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The visuals in FH5 look soooooooooo good, wow

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Yeah, Mexico was a great choice.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Akuma posted:

I'm willing to give CK3 a shot but I'm worried about how it will handle on controller. Playing tropico or sims on xbox seems brutal, does Ck3 have good controls to maneuver menus and the map easily or is it just a cursor controlled by a controller?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

:yeah:

I'm not much of a car guy, but loved playing FH4 on game pass apart from the microtransaction crap.

FH5 is looking even better and I love how the enviroment changes so much between the games. This isn't Scotland anymore.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I unironically love the colors on the forza controller but we already have 3 series controllers laying around haha

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I know it's Mexico but I'm a little worried about how like 90% of what we've seen is really lovely dirt roads and how S class sports cars are just handling them like no problem.

I understand FH has always been the arcadey game but this is going to the extreme.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Seltzer posted:

I'm willing to give CK3 a shot but I'm worried about how it will handle on controller. Playing tropico or sims on xbox seems brutal, does Ck3 have good controls to maneuver menus and the map easily or is it just a cursor controlled by a controller?

Like I said a couple of posts up, sims play just fine with a controller. You're not moving a cursor, the controls for these games have been remade for controllers. Tropico, Civ6, Stellaris, Cities : Skylines, Planet Coaster... they play very well on consoles.

I've always been a pretty big strategy and sim gamer but my pc is a decade old so all these games existing and coming out on consoles is fantastic.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Twelve Minutes isn't perfect, but it was worth the 3~4 hours. Cool idea, decently executed. Worth playing. It's the kind of thing I hope GamePass is able to fund, I love short little experimental games like that which I may not have otherwise paid for.

Really dumb that they reset my progress after the ending I got. I would've liked to have explored more of the endings, as the one I got was extremely ambiguous and I guess from reading articles other endings are somewhat more clear, but I'm not playing through that again from the beginning.

ColdPie fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 24, 2021

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

The trailer didn't show a virtual cursor

acksplode
May 17, 2004

ColdPie posted:

Twelve Minutes isn't perfect, but it was worth the 3~4 hours. Cool idea, decently executed. Worth playing. It's the kind of thing I hope GamePass is able to fund, I love short little experimental games like that which I may not have otherwise paid for.

Really dumb that they reset my progress after the ending I got. I would've liked to have explored more of the endings, as the one I got was extremely ambiguous and I guess from reading articles other endings are somewhat more clear, but I'm not playing through that again from the beginning.

Yeah that's how I felt too. Far from perfect but I don't regret playing it at all. I'd love to see another attempt at the idea.

If you're talking about the empty apartment at the end, you're not actually stuck there. Get the watch and set the minute hand to 58 and wait for the second hand to reach 0/60.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

American McGay posted:

I know it's Mexico but I'm a little worried about how like 90% of what we've seen is really lovely dirt roads and how S class sports cars are just handling them like no problem.

I understand FH has always been the arcadey game but this is going to the extreme.

My worst Forza opinion is that FH shouldn't have S class sports cars at all and that it should just be offroady vehicles and modded daily drivers. Also FM shouldn't have the carried-over lifted trucks and dune buggies that are totally useless and not fun for circuit racing.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I live in the Middle East and we don’t have Ford Broncos here they would do ridiculously well

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Who's monstrous, gigeresque dick am I going to have to suck to get a release date for Scorn?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ck3's ui is a pain even with a mouse but i have a low tolerance

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

John F Bennett posted:

It is possible and has been done. Stellaris and Civilization 6 were fully reworked for console without sacrificing anything from the pc version. I own Civ 6 on pc and xbox but I think the controls on xbox are so well done that I never play it on pc anymore, only thing missing are mods of course.

I tried Stellaris and thought it was a massive headache on the controller so maybe I'm just not meant to couch game these things, which is fine for me because I have a PC.

TheScott2K posted:

My worst Forza opinion is that FH shouldn't have S class sports cars at all and that it should just be offroady vehicles and modded daily drivers. Also FM shouldn't have the carried-over lifted trucks and dune buggies that are totally useless and not fun for circuit racing.

I don't agree with this but I will say I hate doing the stupid cross country races in FH4 when they expect you to use race cars, it's just dumb. And if you set the damage to simulation your car will be making GBS threads itslef halfway through and the opponents will just be happily zooming along at 100+ mph no problem. Personally I'm in it for sprints and trail races but I wish there were more pure roads tracks in the game, at least sprints, I give zero fucks about circuit racing outside of the main Forzas.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I wish it was just a normal thing that PC games could get released on consoles with the expectations that you're meant to use a M+KB with them. I wouldn't need a gaming PC at all if that was a thing that could happen.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

My gaming PC is plugged into my TV so I wish every PC game was controller first

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thom12255 posted:

I wish it was just a normal thing that PC games could get released on consoles with the expectations that you're meant to use a M+KB with them. I wouldn't need a gaming PC at all if that was a thing that could happen.

It feels like we are closer to an xbox branded prebuilt pc than ever
I see room for one at the top end of the series family

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Thom12255 posted:

Yeah, both consoles have the ability and have since last gen, why keep artificially restricting choice? Is it big controller lobbying against it???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Professor Beetus posted:

Yeah, both consoles have the ability and have since last gen, why keep artificially restricting choice? Is it big controller lobbying against it???
Not enough people care about it or even know it exists as a feature enough to spend the money on it