Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

goth smoking cloves posted:

Their eating it because it tastes good

did you ever have the bubble gum flavored amoxicillin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

uber_stoat posted:

*turns crank on tank labeled "pressurized extra strength horse paste, green apple flavor"*

prepare to have a truly unbelievable quantity of horse paste unstoppably flavor-blasted into every hole God gave you.

open wide and say your prayers!

(mike pence joke)

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmaooo

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

"Your poo poo is so obvious, and we see right through it."

gently caress it, good for them.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

coincidentally, if you google "horse paste" you get a perfunctory series of videos telling you it's bad to use it for covid, and then links to buy it. lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol look at those rookie numbers

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Trying not to complain too much about the pediatric vaccine situation because lots of people here don't have access to vaccines, let alone the developing world. However I do wish my kids had gotten vaccinated before the "everyone gets infected" delta variant showed up.

Also really down that children <12 years seriously aren't getting vaccinated until 2022. Thought for sure they'd crumble and give a "whatever" EUA before the school year started but they're really going through with getting everyone under 12 years old infected without being vaccinated. It's important to let kids contract a serious illness without any protection because we're worried about the vaccine's safety.

In short the children's vaccine situation is bad (does not apply to China).

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there seems to be a lot of different kinds of horse paste. almost like shopping for toothpaste, i'm spoiled for choice.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
went out to get a pack of menthols / not breathe COVID in my office

the pharmacy around a quarter of a mile down the road has a new sign out.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Nocturtle posted:

lol my kid starts school in 8 days lmaoooooo

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/NewsfromScience/status/1428786428088102922?s=20

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

dew worm posted:

wait are these people covid positive or just eating horse paste as a preventive measure in lieu of the vax?

Yes

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Gonna throw one of those helicopter spinny caps on my dog and take him to CVS. Here's my son, he's 12.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you'll never make a monkey out of me!!!

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Nocturtle posted:

Trying not to complain too much about the pediatric vaccine situation because lots of people here don't have access to vaccines, let alone the developing world. However I do wish my kids had gotten vaccinated before the "everyone gets infected" delta variant showed up.

Also really down that children <12 years seriously aren't getting vaccinated until 2022. Thought for sure they'd crumble and give a "whatever" EUA before the school year started but they're really going through with getting everyone under 12 years old infected without being vaccinated. It's important to let kids contract a serious illness without any protection because we're worried about the vaccine's safety.

yeah it loving sucks. my kids class is full of ill fitting cloth masks. she told this kid in line to put it back over the nose. I forgot to ask about buying some ventilation for the class. maybe that will go well. just loving sucks really for a lot of us. thank goodness though this thread got me into KF94s though. only like two other parents were in n95s. if we didn’t have a school mask mandate I’m pretty sure it would be like 10% at school or worse.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1426547931885211651?s=20
https://twitter.com/statnews/status/1429473475991900170?s=20
https://twitter.com/ajc/status/1430233194264203266?s=20

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

does anyone even come off ecmo lol

it mostly seems like "well we're gonna do this because the family demands we try everything" and doesn't seem to accomplish much beyond bankrupting people

it's pretty amazing technology but i feel like i have yet to hear of someone with covid bad enough to need it ever recovering

What about phil valen-oh wait lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love living with the virus.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

ok yeah this is what the history books should use for 2020-2021

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Nodelphi posted:

So one of my kids tested positive and I tested positive but my two other kids tested negative. We’ve been trying to isolate from each other but you can only really do so much and the whole house has been quarantined. I received a call from one of my kid’s school saying he has an unexcused absence. We had sent a mail about the covid status Sunday night and figured all was good.

I explained the situation and they ask his covid test status, which is negative. Well that’s all they wanted to hear. With a negative test and being vaccinated he has no excuse and will be docked as having an unexcused absence.

Absurd policies like this is one of the many, many reasons we’re doomed.
hahah my god

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

quoting to spam at my family friends that keep insisting that schools are safe

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
Any recommendations for a clear/transparent mask?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

punissuer
Nov 6, 2009
Do we have any info on whether unvaccinated people are MORE likely to spread the virus than unvaccinated people? I know it is now (reluctantly) acknowledged that vaccinated people spread, but do we know to what degree?

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/WATESports/status/1430225918065364994

imagine dying to watch the Vols

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Vaccinating monkeys before children

All cause admins and officials identified more with Ross Geller than Crackler Ping

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Shear Modulus posted:

have there been any universities opening up and immediately getting a million billion cases yet?

not that i've seen. but in 2 weeks we're back to nothing required (can't ask vax status, no mask requirements) in the classroom for up to 75 kids at a time (BUT! You have to wear a mask while walking in the hallways! BUT! only until mid-september). so just be patient.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Shear Modulus posted:

have there been any universities opening up and immediately getting a million billion cases yet?

https://twitter.com/UNC/status/1428089888843444228

https://twitter.com/UNC/status/1429085197073592320

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

WinAmp knew all along

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

A bunch of people died in floods in Tennessee and literally nobody without a Rocky Top ringtone cares.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

More like Neighland Stadium, get your horse paste folks

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

uber_stoat posted:

i love living in this country of ours where everyday reality is indistinguishable from blackest satire.

people say God is a comedian playing for an audience too afraid to laugh but i been lollin and lmaoing this whole time, so many sides, many sides

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

why is everything just so loving stupid

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm dumb as poo poo but somehow I'm like smarter than 95% people in this cursed country, how

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/IowaStateU/status/1429935305067401249?s=20

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

is there some intuitive reason why llamas should have antibodies that are especially good at handling sars-cov-2? like, "they've always lived near bat caves" would make sense to me for example, but i really don't think it's that

e: like i see in the article that llamas have very small antibodies -- but why would they have smaller antibodies than other related species, for example

Soap Scum fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 24, 2021

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Louisgod posted:

why is everything just so loving stupid

because the us government has, on every possible level, completely failed to address this pandemic, lmao

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

biden is literally powerless and cannot do anything at all to help anyone in any way because the almighty republican governors who rule the country with an iron fist have intimated that if he tried, they would take away his political capital. however, he is a really great strong leader who is way better than trump because he has not said we should drink bleach.

CAn you imagine trump with the horse paste?

'hearing great, tremendous things about this horse paste! Apple flavored everyone, the kids love it, all the kids love it. I hear we're researching putting it directly in the lungs, we have people looking into it very strongly.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008