Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Do people not like Achewood? I like it sometimes, but I always thought I was missing something because I'm dumb, so if it's actually just that it's not that funny, that would be great for my self-esteem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I can't read the text on my phone, so I have no idea.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Ban comics, post more Paladinus

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Ban comics, post more Paladinus

Paladins thought they were a comic, much like Jerry Seinfeld, Norm Mcdonald, and Dan Nainan.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Disco Pope posted:

Do people not like Achewood? I like it sometimes, but I always thought I was missing something because I'm dumb, so if it's actually just that it's not that funny, that would be great for my self-esteem.

To me, a lot of the humor comes from the characterizations. They're very well written imo. Not everyone has to like everything & that's fine ymmv etc

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Disco Pope posted:

I've never read them sequentially, but occasionally landing on a random strip, some of them are pretty funny. Not laugh-out-loud funny, mind. You need to have at least some idea of what the characters are like to appreciate them, I suppose.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
In a thread full of idiots, the double-idiot is IK.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

This was the first result returned for 'paladin webcomic'

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Achewood owns but it takes some getting into and the early strips are pretty rough. Even in the print copies Onstad says he only really includes them as historical curiosities and the strip doesn't really start until Ray and Beef become actual fleshed out characters.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

garfield hentai posted:

Achewood owns but it takes some getting into and the early strips are pretty rough. Even in the print copies Onstad says he only really includes them as historical curiosities and the strip doesn't really start until Ray and Beef become actual fleshed out characters.

That's cool! I might pick up a collected edition - I've appreciated some, but always felt I was missing something.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Randaconda posted:

2017 and Achewood is still terrible.

Randaconda posted:

MM&O is such a good comic. Nice to see quality instead of Achewood being loving terrible or MOJ.

Randaconda posted:

Megg, Mog and Owl is better. :colbert:

EDIT: Although both are far, far superior to Achewood.

Randaconda posted:

To be fair, Achewood is just as lovely.

Randaconda posted:

Achewood sucks poo poo actually, hth

Randaconda posted:

Weatherman posted:

Counterpoint: if this is a good comic thread then meep moop and oink should be bannable
samn, but achewood instead
I think I like Achewood now.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Disco Pope posted:

That's cool! I might pick up a collected edition - I've appreciated some, but always felt I was missing something.

I've had some oni press omnibus on pre-order for over a year, no idea if it is actually still coming out or canceled or what.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah I kinda dislike MM&O now though.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

I've had some oni press omnibus on pre-order for over a year, no idea if it is actually still coming out or canceled or what.

Hmm, I guess it'll be a "if I see it in the comic store" kind of purchase then. I'm *still* waiting for my copy of Crisis Zone to dispatch!

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Whichever comic is exiled, posting it is my new gimmick.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

womb with a view posted:

I appreciate the effort to bring us all together by creating a new thread villain tho

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Kennel posted:

I think I like Achewood now.

more like Acheblood

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Meant to say it at the time but "thank you for loving Pupkin" would be a good thread title.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Twitch posted:

Mod edit, snip!

gently caress off

Somebody has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Aug 25, 2021

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Garrand posted:

Thank you for actually posting a comic.
Now I'll go search for one as well.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Garrand posted:

I think it's maybe the art, but I've had this recommend on Instagram before and despite really not typically liking "my D&D party is sooooo funny, guys!" as a medium, I enjoy this.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Captain Monkey posted:

'is it gay to [eat ghosts], fellas?' -- the classic meme format? Instead of if?

https://i.imgur.com/NlLfaL0.gifv

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

What's the history there?

i think it's literally just that he signed off big long posts with "thank you for loving pupkin"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What's the history there?

Lowtax would sign off a lot of announcements with "thank you for loving pupkin" for reasons known only to him

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Twitch posted:

Mod edit, snip!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It's too bad we won't get to see the rest of the pupkin saga for a while thanks to this dumbass post

Somebody has a new favorite as of 00:21 on Aug 25, 2021

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's too bad we won't get to see the rest of the pupkin saga for a while thanks to this dumbass post

You can't, like, own a webcomic, man.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

I liked Hitmen for Destiny the first couple of times it was posted because it reminded me of those wonderful old MSPaint threads, but gently caress me there's a lot of it

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
At this rate, people will start unironically posting Subnormality

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Disco Pope posted:

Achewood reminds me of some guys I used to work with that were kind of early 2000s nerd culture stereotypes and would be like "oh man you gotta read The Oatmeal", "oh man you gotta read Ready Player One", "oh man you gotta read Achewood". And it's like, I don't gotta do any of that poo poo. So maybe there's some value there, but it's been tainted, you see.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Make this Twitch's ban/probe message:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

pumpkin dog reminds me of dogs

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kennel posted:

Make this Twitch's ban/probe message:

Be a good way to auto ban.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Needs a ‘Tony Lazuto says hello’ somewhere.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

How do people with floating eyeballs put on a mask? Can you just sorta slide it in there, or do you have to maneuver it around the eye so it doesn't disrupt whatever invisible energy field is suspending the eye in place?

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

luchadornado posted:

Achewood reminds me of some guys I used to work with that were kind of early 2000s nerd culture stereotypes and would be like "oh man you gotta read The Oatmeal", "oh man you gotta read Ready Player One", "oh man you gotta read Achewood". And it's like, I don't gotta do any of that poo poo. So maybe there's some value there, but it's been tainted, you see.

that is a surprising combination of things to like

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Carthag Tuek posted:

that is a surprising combination of things to like

I’m not surprised time travelers visiting the early 2000’s would be into Ready Player One though.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m not surprised time travelers visiting the early 2000’s would be into Ready Player One though.

I worked there from like 2004-2011 so the math checks out.