Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

U-DO Burger posted:

goddamn, what site is this? I wanna send this to family members

https://kval.com/news/local/some-parts-of-oregon-have-no-icu-beds-left-as-covid-19-cases-surge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Apparently this allows them to mandate masks at the upcoming state fair.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Stereotype posted:

I don’t like that everyone keeps telling me that I have to just get used to a dramatically worse life because no one can sit in their houses for more than 20 minutes without running out to buy something.

it doesn’t have to be a worse life, just a shorter life :)

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

covid finally ripping through the covid thread

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

McCracAttack posted:

Apparently this allows them to mandate masks at the upcoming state fair.

I’m sure the Oregon cops will get right on enforcing that

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

redreader posted:

I think after all the 2nd moderna/pfizer shots you're starting to approach max immunity around 2 weeks after the shot.

On many planes they don't allow respirators (outflow valves not allowed), on united for sure and I think American too. I flew to Denver and back on Thursday and Friday, wearing a hardware store n95 mask. I put it on before getting into the airport, pulled it down for the TSA guy who was in a glass box, and didn't take it off to eat, drink or for any other reason until I left the airport, both times.

Then when you get to Alabama, if it's anything like Denver, you will feel like a complete nerd and very weird/out of place because literally nobody will be wearing a mask. I don't really know what to say about that other than, don't take it off.

Thanks for the reply. I had to fly through Denver much earlier in the pandemic, and it was exactly as you say. So far, the only people in my family in Alabama who have had an interest in being vaccinated are the ones who have been advised not to due to heart surgeries, stroke medications. whatever.

It should be fine. Biden is president, and I am vaccinated and wear a mask.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

redreader posted:

I think after all the 2nd moderna/pfizer shots you're starting to approach max immunity around 2 weeks after the shot.

3rd shot is different since the booster will theoretically confer more long-term immunity, and Pfizer's data shows 1-month after the 3rd dose there's good protection against Delta.

They expect titers to grow even more after that, but the study on booster recipients is ongoing.

So playing it safe to avoid infection (at minimum) a month after the booster is a good idea. Flying is never a good idea.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
They pushed approval out the door to be able to do this:

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1430269820986028035

It's all about mandating the vaccine in as many places as possible

(this will not save us)

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Lovelyn posted:

Tell your mom about your nurse friend, Lovelyn, who volunteered at a childhood vaccine clinic wearing her elastomeric, and none of the kids were afraid (of the mask. They were very afraid of the needles). Most thought it was cool!

i thought masks and full face helmets were cool as gently caress when i was a kid

the lego dudes with motorcycle helmets were the cool dudes who were ready for some poo poo

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 24, 2021

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBYls1LM9oI

Colorado fitness coach, didn’t need vaccine because he got it in January

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

it doesn’t have to be a worse life, just a shorter life :)

it's both actually

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
oooh Chinese ninja warrior, with your heart so cold. Sub-zero!
oooh your life is a mystery. why do you wear that mask? Covid has become endemic.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Der Meister posted:

covid finally ripping through the covid thread

at the beginning of the first thread everyone was like "lol imagine if a goon got the deadly virus" and now we all are. everyone is. every day is worse than the day before. but hey, at least it isn't tomorrow.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Stereotype posted:

at the beginning of the first thread everyone was like "lol imagine if a goon got the deadly virus" and now we all are. everyone is. every day is worse than the day before. but hey, at least it isn't tomorrow.

I saw someone on Twitter claim that there's a Russian saying that goes something like "On average, we live well. This year is worse than last year, but it's much better than next year."

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

what a fun day of news

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Notahippie posted:

I saw someone on Twitter claim that there's a Russian saying that goes something like "On average, we live well. This year is worse than last year, but it's much better than next year."

yeah the phrase i've been saying to everyone is "sure today might be much worse than yesterday, but look on the bright side: it's better than tomorrow." i heard it here and also heard it was Russian in origin.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Animal-Mother posted:

Do Americans hate their kids? :psyduck:

Yes

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Welp my wife's grandpa is undergoing surgery for a bunch of things wrong with his bladder and also he can't walk because of a badly infected knee and who boy am I hoping he pulls through and also retains the desire and will to live for a few months so we have time to figure out how things will work that don't end up with just my wife being super exposed to COVID from multiple people since they live in a town that's maybe 1/3 vaxxed and while her immediate family is vaxxed they are very open Biden.

Also look forward to getting in a fight about not taking the baby with her because I know that once she gets there a bunch of unplanned people will show up, either maskless or in cloth masks at best, and want to hold her and she will fold immediately and hand her over rather than disappoint some random cousin.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

:actually: it's not just Americans that hate their kids, Japan maybe hates kids even more since they're making them sit in the stands at the Paralympics AND school is on with no remote

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Schnorkles posted:

They pushed approval out the door to be able to do this:

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1430269820986028035

It's all about mandating the vaccine in as many places as possible

(this will not save us)

It's better than literally nothing... Which was the plan before, so

My university employer is doing vaccine mandate (before it was cool), mandatory indoor masks, on-campus PCR testing and contact tracing and I still don't think it will be enough.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Stereotype posted:

it's both actually

well look on the bright side, hopefully you’ll only be missing out on the worst part :)

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lmfao how is this societal arrangement sustainable lol :munch:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

*chuckles*

I'm in danger

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Rynn posted:

some of the NYT’s greatest hits

minor correction but that was actually the wsj

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

scary ghost dog posted:

it looks disgusting

monitor

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Stereotype posted:

what a fun day of news

Oh word you get that same sponsored ad as me.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6999815294734683397

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
blinded by the paste

https://twitter.com/cal50/status/1430057935657480232?s=20

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3
Anyone have any data that I can show my neo-lib family re: breakthrough cases that might show them how lovely it is to go unmasked around people, just because they're vaccinated? They just don't care anymore, and think it's a license to go back to taking zero precautions, and roll their eyes when I bring it up. Is there any irrefutable, easy to digest data out there that might get through to them that this is still very much a dangerous thing, even with vaccinations?

I live with them, and have a preexisting condition. I'm pretty angry.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

good, it was a loving trip to once again be arguing with libs back in May or whenever to wear their god drat masks while they were running or biking and getting the "well I'm vaccinated why should I wear them outside??" shitlib response

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

uber_stoat posted:

*turns crank on tank labeled "pressurized extra strength horse paste, green apple flavor"*

prepare to have a truly unbelievable quantity of horse paste unstoppably flavor-blasted into every hole God gave you.

open wide and say your prayers!

Goujon John's Ivermectin Poupon

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

does it really taste like apples

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Impkins Patootie posted:

does it really taste like apples

goon project

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Louisgod posted:

good, it was a loving trip to once again be arguing with libs back in May or whenever to wear their god drat masks while they were running or biking and getting the "well I'm vaccinated why should I wear them outside??" shitlib response

I enjoyed the very cool two or three months when the blue maga contingent were mocking people who were still masking while otherwise acting indistinguishably from the flyover state Red Lobster patrons they were so much better than last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lol

lmao