Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

Anyone have any data that I can show my neo-lib family re: breakthrough cases that might show them how lovely it is to go unmasked around people, just because they're vaccinated? They just don't care anymore, and think it's a license to go back to taking zero precautions, and roll their eyes when I bring it up. Is there any irrefutable, easy to digest data out there that might get through to them that this is still very much a dangerous thing, even with vaccinations?

I live with them, and have a preexisting condition. I'm pretty angry.

Data is a moving target right now. We know breakthrough and waning immunity are a thing, but the data is kind of a mess.

Your best bet is probably the data out of Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Louisgod posted:

good, it was a loving trip to once again be arguing with libs back in May or whenever to wear their god drat masks while they were running or biking and getting the "well I'm vaccinated why should I wear them outside??" shitlib response

I honestly hate those more than the anti vaxers. My building super is one. Bruuuuuh. Don't worry. I'm vaccinated!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Anyone have any data that I can show my neo-lib family re: breakthrough cases that might show them how lovely it is to go unmasked around people, just because they're vaccinated? They just don't care anymore, and think it's a license to go back to taking zero precautions, and roll their eyes when I bring it up. Is there any irrefutable, easy to digest data out there that might get through to them that this is still very much a dangerous thing, even with vaccinations?

:sever:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Mother in law's husband is off to find an ICU bed in rural as gently caress Oklahoma. Wheeeee.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I was gonna say to save your breath then saw u live with them

get out of there op

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

In Training posted:

new governor of NY said "it's time to proactively fight the delta variant" and the first step to preventing spread is to "get kids back into school"

This is my crack ping for the day.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/jenniferkeen_/status/1430268763237191682

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

i wouldn’t worry about it. cherish your time together

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Breaking into the icu humming secret agent man to apply ivermectin paste to grandpa's eyeballs

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

these a bleak days :crackping:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Sneaking into the ICU like Solid Snake for the mission of administering sheep drench to my loved one

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
brb staging a commando raid on the overflowing ICU so i can stuff horse paste into dying covid patient's buttholes. *mission impossible music starts playing*

efb haha

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
i dont even want to be anywhere near or in hospital if i dont have to be just because i assume the air is thick with virus

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

turning a big dial that says “HORSE PASTE INTO ICU PATIENT’s NOSE” on it and constantly looking back at the ICU nurse for approval and appropriate dosing

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i appreciate that like 10 people had the exact same thought at the exact same time

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

also post/user name combo, etc.

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3

Schnorkles posted:

Data is a moving target right now. We know breakthrough and waning immunity are a thing, but the data is kind of a mess.

Your best bet is probably the data out of Israel.

Looking at what I can find on this, it looks like it's 600 breakthrough cases out of 3 million people. Am I way off on this?

Basically, I have no more pandemic bubble, but I am 3x Moderna'd. Am I way overestimating the likelihood of my getting ill? I'm among the most cautious people I know with this, because I can't afford to lose any more functionality than I've already lost from my preexisting health issues. If it really is .02%, then I feel a lot better, but I've been concerned that it's WAY more than that.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Schnorkles posted:

i appreciate that like 10 people had the exact same thought at the exact same time

lmfao imma crack imma ping

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Ohhhh that's what that big input on my wife's iv machine that said "hoarse paist" was for

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fix posted:

Mother in law's husband is off to find an ICU bed in rural as gently caress Oklahoma. Wheeeee.

Get ready for some travel because he's likely to end up admitted out of state

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar
sneaking into the icu to administer horse paste to my dying husband's extremely small dick and balls

e jesus beaten by like 50 people, kinda like finding an icu bed

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

skewetoo posted:

Sneaking into the ICU like Solid Snake for the mission of administering sheep drench to my loved one

Cardboard Box A

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/spocks_brian/status/1430276824051769344?s=21

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Metal gear death music "PASTE, PAAAASATE"

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Looking at what I can find on this, it looks like it's 600 breakthrough cases out of 3 million people. Am I way off on this?

Basically, I have no more pandemic bubble, but I am 3x Moderna'd. Am I way overestimating the likelihood of my getting ill? I'm among the most cautious people I know with this, because I can't afford to lose any more functionality than I've already lost from my preexisting health issues. If it really is .02%, then I feel a lot better, but I've been concerned that it's WAY more than that.

I don't think you can currently draw any conclusions like this. You should continue following CDC guidance, and common sense attempts at personal safety.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
anyway enough laughing at idiots eating horse paste until they are blind. how are the responsible adults handling the pandemic?

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

sheep getting drenched look so cute:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Stereotype posted:

anyway enough laughing at idiots eating horse paste until they are blind. how are the responsible adults handling the pandemic?

who gives a gently caress keep posting horse paste

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rauros posted:

bout to blow some fat clouds

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Rauros posted:

Awww, sheep likes his human paste

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Oversharing maybe, but my kid showed up before he was supposed to and had to spend a month in the NICU. He’s completely fine now, but if this had happened during COVID there’s a high chance he wouldn’t have made it.

Cool country we have here.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hahahah

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Feed store was out of horse paste. Can I eat Elmer's glue paste since it's made of horse? Also what happens if I've already ate it?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
I just realized that since my anti-vaxxer aunt raises horses that I have to hear an ivermectin horror story at some point

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Rauros posted:

This is how I keep my sheep covid immune

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

https://twitter.com/WesElyMD/status/1430267686441918464

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gonna be seeing someone who does research in diseases tmrw, and I know they're gonna be skeptical me about getting a MRNA shot after my J&J. Anyone have anything I can use to refute them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Its funny how right wingers live in perpetual fear of lockdowns that will never happen. Whatever justifies their role playing as oppressed people I guess