Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Good Citizen posted:

circus peanuts are just large lucky charms marshmallows

Wrong, you could break a tooth on a marbit if you don't apply milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

jetz0r posted:

mastershakeman, post the horse paste trip report

I've never had it but you never know...

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Artificial banana flavor is based on the old gros Michel banana which went extinct in the fifties.

When I was a kid there was a Slush Puppie flavor called Bananarama and my family would never let me get it because they instinctively knew artificial banana flavoring was gross

I liked it!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Atrocious Joe posted:

rope worms are apparently just the remnants of their hosed up bowels
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope_worms

it gets worse because people think these worms cause autism and do poo poo to their kids to "cure" them. we need a US Cultural Revolution.

yup literally just making GBS threads out your intestinal lining

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

F5ing Clemson reddit so hard

lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We are going to kill another million people and not even blink lmao

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

yes, I study worms
but can you do the worm

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Highbrow Slick posted:

welp 9 year old stepson is officially positive today a week after school started. He made it 3 days in a mask before we kept him home yesterday and today. I’ve been watching him while I WFH and his mom is at work in an office. Now we gotta figure out if his 7 year-old sister should stay with us, or go to her dad’s who is just barely getting over his own covid symptoms and may still be contagious himself. lol death is inevitable. this is loving impossible.

wow I’m super glad that schools are open though. it’s important for kids to learn.

right now they are learning that our nation is a failing husk that enthusiastically endangers everyone and is perfectly fine with mass death.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

way more than a million people are going to die lol.

I think the population of the USA might decrease this year.

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3

eddyc49 posted:

Here's another data point for you from today:
https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/0...ted-people/amp/

"The breakthrough cases are making up about one-third of the state’s overall cases"

That's consistent with the past month and a half in Massachusetts.

Is there any way youd be able to copy paste the text of the article? It's behind a paywall where I am, and when I click "no thanks" it kicks me off of the article itself, and I'm unable to pull up anything but the current front page.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Cases are finally starting to drop in Melbourne, about 3.5 weeks into our sixth strict lockdown

https://twitter.com/VicGovDH/status/1430300139726409729?s=19

Sydney's still hosed though.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Stereotype posted:

way more than a million people are going to die lol.

I think the population of the USA might decrease this year.

Do you think delta is so much more deadly that the ifr goes up 100x or something

Grats to Melbourne when they're out of lockdown in a week and sydneysiders are sobbing

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

Is there any way youd be able to copy paste the text of the article? It's behind a paywall where I am, and when I click "no thanks" it kicks me off of the article itself, and I'm unable to pull up anything but the current front page.

https://github.com/qnoum/bypass-paywalls-chrome-clean-magnolia1234

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bypass-paywalls-clean/

gregday
May 23, 2003

“horse paste” is enough to make it funnier than bleach

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Zisky posted:

Is there a worm that can do tricks?

dude, post right before yours

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
I think horse paste is what combos are filled with.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

F5ing Clemson reddit so hard

incredible lol

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

mastershakeman posted:

Grats to Melbourne when they're out of lockdown in a week and sydneysiders are sobbing

Gonna be a month at least, maybe two, and that's assuming no more leaks from Sydney.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Love Shack song but instead of “love shack” they say “horse paste”

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

gently caress me harder delta daddy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ten roofs! Rusted!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Mr Hootington posted:

Life is cheap in the West.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

c. elegans, because it is a harmless nematode that it a wonderful model for us to learn all about the structure and function of the nervous system, and also it fucks itself (it's a hermaphrodite)

what's the grossest worm

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

melbourne fighting!~

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
our vice president is sick from a fake cuban death ray and people are chugging horse dewormer

america's doing great!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

The horse paste is a little old paste where we can get the ventilator

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shear Modulus posted:

what's the grossest worm

Leto II

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Joementum posted:

our vice president is sick from a fake cuban death ray and people are chugging horse dewormer

america's doing great!

lol whats this about kamala

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

rope worms are apparently just the remnants of their hosed up bowels
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope_worms

it gets worse because people think these worms cause autism and do poo poo to their kids to "cure" them. we need a US Cultural Revolution.
lmaoooo

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Melbourne also opened mRNA vaccines to 16+ this morning and the booking site is still down 2 hours later lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

lol whats this about kamala

Got her !

https://www.sfgate.com/national-politics/article/Kamala-Harris-Vietnam-Havana-Syndrome-cause-why-US-16408202.php

quote:

Vice President Kamala Harris' trip to Hanoi, Vietnam, was delayed by a few hours after her office was made aware of a "recent possible anomalous health incident" among U.S. officials in Hanoi. "Anomalous health incident" is how the United States government refers to the mysterious "Havana syndrome."

First reported in 2016 by United States officials in Cuba, Havana syndrome has afflicted more than 130 U.S. officials over the past five years stationed in several countries overseas, the New York Times reported. Per ABC News, victims of the syndrome typically report "strange experiences, like feelings of pressure or vibration and a screeching sound, and debilitating symptoms, including headaches, nausea, cognitive deficits, and trouble with seeing, hearing, or balancing."

The vice president's office said that after "careful consideration," her team opted to continue with her Vietnam trip. She was previously in Singapore.

A couple hours after the announcement, NBC News reported that a medical evacuation was called for two U.S. officials in Hanoi over the weekend. The NBC report noted that "strange sounds" were involved in the incidents, and that Vietnam has seen past reports of possible Havana syndrome cases.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Joementum posted:

america's doing great!

Nah it's the office she's supposed to visit saying uh ma'am you can't come visit there's invisible microwave beams bombarding us please stay away

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I do have ivermectin in lab but it doesn't look like there's any money in hawking it on the black market. the kind of person who wants it to treat COVID is the kind of person who'd rather drink a tube of horse paste, not source the purest poo poo from chemical suppliers

Shear Modulus posted:

what's the grossest worm

your mom

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mastershakeman posted:

Do you think delta is so much more deadly that the ifr goes up 100x or something

i think the ifr is going to go up like 5x and then the number of infected people is going to skyrocket because we are just encouraging spread at this point.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

she had information that could have led to the arrest of hillary clinton

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Melbourne also opened mRNA vaccines to 16+ this morning and the booking site is still down 2 hours later lol

people want the A/S tier vaccine experience.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

it is a neurotoxin in high enough doses

it kills worms by paralyzing them by binding glutamate-gated chloride channels

yes, I study worms

can you get me 500 pounds of horse paste? i need it for... worms!

edit: gently caress

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Everything is hosed when you start agreeing with Jerry Jones https://twitter.com/JoriEpstein/status/1430168805196640277

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

It really couldn't. Short of troops in the streets enforcing the laws Americans have embraced Covid (and dying of it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

When the dark hits your eyes
And you can’t see the guys
That’s-a horse paste