Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Louisgod posted:

my daughter had pinworms a couple weeks back (pretty common in kids) and I did have to buy a dewormer, which the whole family has to take, and it tasted exactly like banana runts. I'm convinced people have the same taste gene for banana runts as they do for cilantro as you either loving love it or loving hate it. I hate it.

well poo poo, why didn't anybody say this in the first place, I love banana runts! gotta get me some horse paste!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

the-opening-vignette-about-the-place-in-the-Decameron levels of hosed

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
ivermectin is so bad that the warning says not to give it to a horse if you’re going to eat the horse

https://twitter.com/trueglib/status/1430173734581768207?s=21

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I don't think this is quite as funny as the bleach saga. now THAT was comedy

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

I just purchased this horse paste and I'm worried there's not enough to treat my large adult son

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Impkins Patootie posted:

does it really taste like apples

mastershakeman, post the horse paste trip report

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i want banana runts..

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wow what a surprise, British Columbia is now panicking after removing most covid rules a few months ago

https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1430216137204064258?s=19

Edit: worth noting that the lady who makes these rules wasn't wearing a mask in a football game stadium crowd last week.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 24, 2021

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

hahaha first Mississippi poison control, then Alabama, now Florida

https://twitter.com/floridapoison/status/1430278382210600963?s=21

Jesus Christ, I'm turbo-doom scrolling through this thread to get caught up while listening to loving the Frozen II soundtrack, and right as I get to the climax of "Show Yourself" I stop on this tweet, and it was some of the most powerful crack ping-ing I've ever had.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[COVID-19] Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/RiegerReport/status/1430295574654357507

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

idk how long the shelf life is, but stocking up on anti-parasitic probably isn't bad considering the trajectory of the US

although, I would recommend not eating them all immediately and only using them for their intended purpose and species

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

I'm just so tired of it all.

*sigh*

I have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
hey uh is ivermectin a neurotoxin

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22924731/

is that how it kills parasites

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Louisgod posted:

my daughter had pinworms a couple weeks back (pretty common in kids) and I did have to buy a dewormer, which the whole family has to take, and it tasted exactly like banana runts. I'm convinced people have the same taste gene for banana runts as they do for cilantro as you either loving love it or loving hate it. I hate it.

Circus Peanuts are also supposed to be banana flavored, and I loving love Circuit Peanuts.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

Animal-Mother posted:

*sigh*

no! no!!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

*sigh*

lol

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

rope worms are apparently just the remnants of their hosed up bowels
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope_worms

it gets worse because people think these worms cause autism and do poo poo to their kids to "cure" them. we need a US Cultural Revolution.

Wow, suddenly I'm making GBS threads out stuff that looks like worms! This ~bleach enema~ must really be working! But... what if I added some horse paste to the mix? Wow, now I'm making GBS threads out a bunch of stuff! I must be healthier then I've ever been before!!!

edit:

Steve Yun posted:

Yes, neurotoxins affect smaller lifeforms (like parasites) much more intensely then larger ones (like horses, or really stupid humans). This is why it makes you go blind at certain doses.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 24, 2021

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Circus Peanuts are also supposed to be banana flavored, and I loving love Circuit Peanuts.

nobody likes circus peanuts

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

yeah. it’s a dangerous poison that can kill large complex organisms like worms.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

PEOPLE, please DO NOT get this medicine pulled all together from hurting yourself due to ignorance! YOU NEVER EAT TOPICAL MEDICINE! You do not eat Neosporin. You do not eat Vaseline. You do not eat shampoo for psoriasis. You do not eat BenGay. You do not eat anti fungal cream for your toenail fungus. Similarly, you do not EAT topical ivermectin for sheep skin or wounds from parasites on animals!
Don’t make this hard. It’s not. Ask.
NEVER BUY ANYTHING BUT 1% sterile solution for injection OR 1.87% horse paste.

Just FYI sheep drench is administered orally to sheep and goats not topically. BUT this is NOT the one to take for humans. Only take the 1% injectable or 1.87% horse paste.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I don't think this is quite as funny as the bleach saga. now THAT was comedy

It’s pretty funny

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
welp 9 year old stepson is officially positive today a week after school started. He made it 3 days in a mask before we kept him home yesterday and today. I’ve been watching him while I WFH and his mom is at work in an office. Now we gotta figure out if his 7 year-old sister should stay with us, or go to her dad’s who is just barely getting over his own covid symptoms and may still be contagious himself. lol death is inevitable. this is loving impossible.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Nocturtle posted:

NYC data also still consistent with an overall CFR of 1.4%, hospitalization rate of ~8% and hospitalization death rate of ~20%. This seems very similar to last year. Guessing the main impact of the vaccines is to drastically increase the number of asymptomatic and unreported cases. Once a case is detected and tested the likelihood of hospitalization and death is about the same pre-vaccine. Possibly because mostly unvaccinated people are still getting hospitalized and dying.

The vaccines are just like the magic surfactant chemical they used after Deepwater Horizon to make the oil invisible

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

just skipped 1200 posts to ask this one...

My pay is being docked for missing work due to covid quarantine, which is hosed because they're saying I missed 5 days (it was more like 5.5), although we're allotted 10 sick days for covid (per email from the boss - a while ago, at the end of December).

To top that off, company has received 2 PPP loans, each around 300k for our staff.

The gently caress?

Is that legal?

What's the size of the business? The federal mandates on covid paid sick days has ranges on employees, and the business had to do some paperwork to get paid out.

you might be better off flipping some tables and burning the place down. you still won't get the sick pay, but you'll feel better.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

Artificial banana flavor is based on the old gros Michel banana which went extinct in the fifties.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

https://www.oregon.gov/newsroom/Pages/NewsDetail.aspx?newsid=64307

What the gently caress is an outdoor mask mandate? That’s just concerts and sports, right?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shear Modulus posted:

nobody likes circus peanuts

Did you loving read my post?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
F5ing Clemson reddit so hard

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Yes, neurotoxins affect smaller lifeforms (like parasites) much more intensely then larger ones (like horses, or really stupid humans). This is why it makes you go blind at certain doses.

JFC I can’t imagine just swallowing something equivalent to bug spray

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

https://twitter.com/cdcgov/status/1243960243765358593?lang=en

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
circus peanuts are just large lucky charms marshmallows

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

it is a neurotoxin in high enough doses

it kills worms by paralyzing them by binding glutamate-gated chloride channels

yes, I study worms

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

yes, I study worms

what's the best worm

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

yes, I study worms

whats your favorite worm

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

what's the best worm

c. elegans, because it is a harmless nematode that it a wonderful model for us to learn all about the structure and function of the nervous system, and also it fucks itself (it's a hermaphrodite)

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

yes, I study worms

Is there a worm that can do tricks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Uh-oh we are putting ourselves further into this hole.