Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

angry parents: "What the gently caress are you doing? you're gonna get everyone killed you myopic sociopath idiots. there's a loving pandemic how are you still pretending that this is going to work?"

school administration: "I heard a question from the back. What are the policies regarding school dances? We are going to have them like normal"
lol they literally answered some question about band and mask usage during wind instrument play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Bone Crimes posted:

IIRC modern bananas don't have viable seeds, they are asexually propagated, which is why they are all clonal. They take a long time to fruit tho.

Yeah. Even if it's possible to wind back the evolutionary clock from our clone-o-matic bananas and go back to "natural" propagation, it'd be a very different fruit from what we're used to.

That's why I'm a big fan of genetic modification. Better living through science!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/FOX13News/status/1430327829552582657?s=20

quote:

And it wasn't long before Nikki, who wasn't vaccinated, found herself as a patient in the hospital with her conditions worsening.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Louisgod posted:

good, it was a loving trip to once again be arguing with libs back in May or whenever to wear their god drat masks while they were running or biking and getting the "well I'm vaccinated why should I wear them outside??" shitlib response

same but at an outdoor wedding a few weeks ago

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

ahahahahaha when you search for it on Amazon you get a banner ad for Amazon Pharmacy *AND* they suggest shittier cheaper off-brand horse paste to save money.

Get name brand. Your horse deserves the best. You deserve the best.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
i feel like there's a lot of money to be made on the periphery of the ivermectin fandom. like mugs and shirts, "don't talk to me until i've had my IVERMECTIN". of a license plate frame with "JET FUEL CAN'T BURN STEEL BEAMS" on top and "IVERMECTIN AND HYDROXYCLORIQUINE" on the bottom

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol keeping people on a vent for over a month jfc. And to give in and give the patient the horsey sauce anyway, I hope the physician responsible gets in big poo poo for prescribing based on family suggestions.

Anyway this is why hospitals are full, vents just let people slowly fade out for a month instead of just a quick end.

imagine the bill

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Xaris posted:

tbf it's not fox, fox has largely had most of their pundits including carlson et al telling people to get a vaccine and take covid seriously. not that fnc is good, it's bad, but fox is big lieberal msm now and has been transcended and shedded like their intestinal lining.

it's much more decentralized of a self-perpetuating ouroboros of poo poo

He told them once in between hundreds of hours of anti vaccine coverage. It was a single statement to give him cover.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Snoqualmie district has a full remote option. I’m not sure why SPS can’t.
last year all sps schools had their own virtual school, so my kid's specific school had virtual school with the teachers at that specific school
this was great because it's a dual language immersion school and having specific language classes and whatnot is exactly why we want our kid in this school

this year they're offering a 'virtual learning pilot' that lumps all the kids together into one virtual learning experience, regardless of what school they're in. it also means you're out of your original school. so my kid's extremely hard to get into dual language school is gone for future years. it's so loving hosed and dumb, and the reason why my spouse wants our kid to go back to in person and not do virtual again, which is understandable, but god damnit gently caress everyone involved for putting parents and kids in such lovely situations

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

does it count as getting vaxxed if a frantic nurse jabs you with anesthesia to stop you from breaking into the covid ward with a bicycle pump of horse paste?

Goobish
May 31, 2011

My 8 year old tonight, "I'm losing faith in humanity"

Me: Awwww sweetie that's just part of growing up.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Asproigerosis posted:

Many doctors get well earned reputations of being coward little shits that refuse to ever broach the subject of futility of care and instead will happily just run out the clock doing full court press treatment options for pep pep because they'd rather tie up the labor and equipment needed to continue life support until the patient eventually dies than have to do 'the talk' with the family.

If they've got good insurance, you keep the meter running

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

mod sassinator posted:

someone posted a tweet of someone spelunking into the ivermectin world online and finding there is a social hierarchy where the people who got actual doctor prescriptions for human ivermectin were scorned by the people going to tractor supply stores lol

What's more effete, eggheaded, and unamerican than getting horse paste that isn't even for horses from some ivy league wimp? Look at rich uncle pennybags from the city over here with his prescription for human medicine, I bet he goes to a barbershop instead of the petco too. What a fuckin loser.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Solarin posted:

imagine the bill

some article i saw mentioned it's about $100k a day in bills on the vent

so.. yikes 30 days of that

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Goobish posted:

My 8 year old tonight, "I'm losing faith in humanity"

Me: Awwww sweetie that's just part of growing up.

I'd say buy them an account but you probably care for them too much to do that

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

AppleNippleBOB posted:

just skipped 1200 posts to ask this one...

My pay is being docked for missing work due to covid quarantine, which is hosed because they're saying I missed 5 days (it was more like 5.5), although we're allotted 10 sick days for covid (per email from the boss - a while ago, at the end of December).

To top that off, company has received 2 PPP loans, each around 300k for our staff.

The gently caress?

Is that legal?

you shouldn't be asking if it's legal.

you should be asking if it's worth going to court over (that's the only way you're ever going to see that money back)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Tzen posted:

lol they literally answered some question about band and mask usage during wind instrument play

"we've been told that choirs are a common point of spread since everyone is spewing massive clouds of virus into normally very poorly insulated rooms. in order to address this we've increased the spacing between children from 3ft to 5ft and suggested they wear masks when not singing. also everyone has to wash their hands before class"

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
it puts the horse paste on its lips or it gets the vent again!

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

dr Fauci going “this will be over in spring 2022” is making me revise my expectations from “this will last a few years” to “covid will Balkanize america”

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I’ll have you know Biden beat alpha. stop criticizing our president

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

AppleNippleBOB posted:

just skipped 1200 posts to ask this one...

My pay is being docked for missing work due to covid quarantine, which is hosed because they're saying I missed 5 days (it was more like 5.5), although we're allotted 10 sick days for covid (per email from the boss - a while ago, at the end of December).

To top that off, company has received 2 PPP loans, each around 300k for our staff.

The gently caress?

Is that legal?

Going by your posts your job sounds like a poo poo job and you should quit.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it is almost never worth going to court for anything

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

ivermectin is so bad that the warning says not to give it to a horse if you’re going to eat the horse

https://twitter.com/trueglib/status/1430173734581768207?s=21

some qanon poster reads this and decides the only way to keep their children safe from the cabal is to feed them the horse paste

can't harvest their adrenochrome if it's poison :eng101:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i'm excited about all the grifter covid lawyers that pop up in the next few decades. "did you get covid because of your job? call P.T Crackl-ping today and you can get Big Cash Settlement!!!"

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ok that Facebook group is a loving trippppppp

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Doctors don't care about your insurance, they are perfectly happy running up hundreds of thousands of dollars of useless cya testing bullshit on uninsured people that the hospital just eats cause lol no way it's ever getting paid. Hospital I work at had to scrap an EMR upgrade from meditech to cerner because the hospitalists were loving clueless and ran up over a million dollars in testing on a homeless guy and the final diagnosis was simply that he was a schizophrenic off his meds.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Goddamn people are eating horse paste and drinking bleach. Just goddamn.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stereotype posted:

i'm excited about all the grifter covid lawyers that pop up in the next few decades. "did you get covid because of your job? call P.T Crackl-ping today and you can get Big Cash Settlement!!!"

yeah that’s not a grift

do you work for the Wall Street Journal

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

cr0y posted:

Ok that Facebook group is a loving trippppppp

the subreddit is crazy too

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003
Most of the country is full-on open biden and oblivious and way too many of the people paying some level of attention are eating horse paste

lol

lmao

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol keeping people on a vent for over a month jfc. And to give in and give the patient the horsey sauce anyway, I hope the physician responsible gets in big poo poo for prescribing based on family suggestions.

Anyway this is why hospitals are full, vents just let people slowly fade out for a month instead of just a quick end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gQu_LCo8J-E

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

yeah that’s not a grift

do you work for the Wall Street Journal

Know any good lawyers in delaware I can use to sue the hospital when I inevitably get covid?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
do we have any psychologists in here. what’s the reasoning behind people rejecting things like (fairly proven) vaccines but fully embracing wild treatments like anti-parasitics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

Know any good lawyers in delaware I can use to sue the hospital when I inevitably get covid?

any of the ones that advertise would be fine

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

nexous posted:

do we have any psychologists in here. what’s the reasoning behind people rejecting things like (fairly proven) vaccines but fully embracing wild treatments like anti-parasitics

Ironically, brain worms.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

kazmeyer posted:

Ironically, brain worms.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

nz leaking the case numbers before the announcement to soften the blow... seems bad

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

nexous posted:

joe biden and liberals said to take the vaccines

tucker and fox had a person on talking about the horse paste

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Sphyre posted:

nz leaking the case numbers before the announcement to soften the blow... seems bad

yeah it's probably still going up. which isn't unexpected at all. actually finding the cases lags behind infections by 10 days. it has always been like this. if you do something you see the effects 10 days later. they just locked down last week so they'll have rising numbers until then. why is everyone always confused by this???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

telling all the boomer collaborators in these countries that i'm a fat, disgusting hog using my privilege to make sure they die and their only recourse was to not turn in their communist neighbors to the CIA 50 years ago