Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Stereotype posted:

yeah it's probably still going up. which isn't unexpected at all. actually finding the cases lags behind infections by 10 days. it has always been like this. if you do something you see the effects 10 days later. they just locked down last week so they'll have rising numbers until then. why is everyone always confused by this???

we are DOOMED

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

any of the ones that advertise would be fine

This sounds like you're saying I'm going to lose without saying I'm going to lose.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I am issuing a 72 hour stay at home order, something that will definitely not work in any way since it takes 10 days for cases to be detected after infection so in 72 hours it will look like nothing got better and i can throw up my hands and say WELL I TRIED before giving up entirely and dooming tens or hundreds of thousands of people to death

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

euphronius posted:

it is almost never worth going to court for anything

Sounds like someone has never been suckerpunched by a chain-smoking boomer at the municipal park during a free showing of Wes Anderson's "Isle of Dogs"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

This sounds like you're saying I'm going to lose without saying I'm going to lose.

no lol the lawyers that advertise for workers comp are good

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1430287902504800257?s=19

This appears to be bad.

Edit: Ah beaten by a few pages I see.

bad? :confused: wait, this isn't good? can someone explain

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
if you time it right you can make "opening er up" look like the thing that made cases go down.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

nexous posted:

do we have any psychologists in here. what’s the reasoning behind people rejecting things like (fairly proven) vaccines but fully embracing wild treatments like anti-parasitics

personality is largely situational for almost everyone

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

worker’s compensation cases need a a pretty big team to pull off which means $$$$$$ .

sometimes

sometimes they are simple

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Stereotype posted:

if you time it right you can make "opening er up" look like the thing that made cases go down.

Read this in George Costanza's voice, and now it makes sense

Summer of Joe!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
IVERMECTIN IS MORE EFFECTIVE THAN THE VACCINE

but many are administering it incorrectly! ranch hands have long known that you need to slightly moisten your hand, apply the paste to your palm, and then ingest the paste.

this can be done with a simple household mister. the light moisture activates the ingredients and greatly increases the effectiveness of the treatment.

research for yourself! google "mister hands horse"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Stereotype posted:

you can make more money with a flop than with a hit!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

nexous posted:

do we have any psychologists in here. what’s the reasoning behind people rejecting things like (fairly proven) vaccines but fully embracing wild treatments like anti-parasitics

late stage capitalism

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

nexous posted:

CoolCab posted:

they are extremely afraid, and narratives around it all being a conspiracy, fictionalized, overblown or similar started falling over what with the megadeaths. these people are not monsters nor caricatures, they are aware of and can observe the surrounding catastrophe they've just been thoroughly ideologically primed to deny and disarm the risk and to actively distrust and disobey any collective responsibility or action.

so you're terrified but obviously can't easily flip from several years of increasingly radicalized opinions and beliefs, and some significant fraction of these beliefs are that collective responsibility is both ineffective and somehow harmful and that centralized authorities are lying to you. you now know covid is real but do not believe in any of the mitigation strategies, and that the people who produced them are lying. of course you'd take dewormer, or bleach, or vape colloidal silver until the insides of your lungs look like they've been chromed out. you'd do anything, believe anything, pay for anything.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mola Yam posted:

but many are administering it incorrectly! ranch hands have long known that you need to slightly moisten your hand, apply the paste to your palm, and then ingest the paste.

this can be done with a simple household mister. the light moisture activates the ingredients and greatly increases the effectiveness of the treatment.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

nexous posted:

Tribalism

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Stereotype posted:

the subreddit is crazy too

i used to work in credit card disputes and heard a lot of the bullshit scams boomers fall for (ex. "i'm your best friend and i'm need you to buy me $3,000 in apple.com gift card so i can afford a hotel rooms please help. Thank yoU?)

can't imagine what i'd say last month if you told me "the next big scam is going to be boomers trying to find horse paste to eat online"

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mola Yam posted:

Lmao

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

euphronius posted:

worker’s compensation cases need a a pretty big team to pull off which means $$$$$$ .

sometimes

sometimes they are simple

turns out small business tyrants saying "I AM DISCRIMINATING AGAINST MY EMPLOYEE. PS: DO NOT SHOW THEM THIS EMAIL" in an email happens more often than you'd think

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Can I sue my hospital for not making vax mandatory and then getting it from my poo poo coworkers?

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Mola Yam posted:

:bravo:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Whoopsy doodle, oh well.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Mola Yam posted:

Time to institute the Lemon Party protocol against Covid-19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

turns out small business tyrants saying "I AM DISCRIMINATING AGAINST MY EMPLOYEE. PS: DO NOT SHOW THEM THIS EMAIL" in an email happens more often than you'd think

those cases are easier yes. they settle nicely

workers comp you need some paralegals and doctors working as a team and it takes a bit of coordination .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you should ideally be in a union as they get lawyers to do this stuff

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

had a patient today, sick as poo poo but incredibly nice and police, in his 60s but still yessir nossir the entire time

ends up he runs a horse supply store. end of the appointment i just casually ask if they're out of ivermectin. He just went off about it. some country as hell guy on a rampage. two best quotes

"I never gave my kid a distemper shot cause they had a cold"

"that wormer made my dogs go blind"

he's in a small county in WNC and they're not out of ivermectin, but they also haven't seen anyone show up and try to take it.

this dude actually is that tweet about knowing every horse in the county.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

919 cases today in Sydney. They're now getting more daily cases than some Aussie states have ever had total since March 2020.

South Australia (i.e. Adelaide) has only had 870 total cases. Western Australia (i.e. Perth) has had 1,064 cases total so they're next.

Wait why does Oz have "ern" on the end of western but not south on state names, that's weird.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it will never stop being funny to me that the people who derided an entire generation of people for doing the tide pod challenge are now eating horse paste.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
checked my local tractor supply store online and still got horse paste in Michigan, I’d say give it a week before that poo poo is behind glass

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Workers comp mri's are the worst. The entire plan of care for patients is based on some weird algorithm invented by the insurance company and at no point are you allowed to stray from the path. Almost as if it is intended to delay and hinder your treatment and rehabilitation as a form of retaliation.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

it will never stop being funny to me that the people who derided an entire generation of people for doing the tide pod challenge are now eating horse paste.

apple flavored!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

919 cases today in Sydney. They're now getting more daily cases than some Aussie states have ever had total since March 2020.

South Australia (i.e. Adelaide) has only had 870 total cases. Western Australia (i.e. Perth) has had 1,064 cases total so they're next.

Wait why does Oz have "ern" on the end of western but not south on state names, that's weird.

62 community cases in new zealand today too: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid...6URD5Y4O5Y7VDQ/

yikes!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
tell that goon to make a button for ivermectin and sell that poo poo to chuds

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Stereotype posted:

i'm excited about all the grifter covid lawyers that pop up in the next few decades. "did you get covid because of your job? call P.T Crackl-ping today and you can get Big Cash Settlement!!!"

Gonna be much more like "Were you fired for refusing to get vaccinated? Ok, do you know what the term 'at-will employment' means? No? Great! Cash up front."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no I doubt it’s retaliation

it’s probably just management brain up the system

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Ringing up 6 cartons of horse paste "oh honey, it won't cure those kinds of worms"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

boomers are the only people who died from eating tide pods

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ooof. What the hell do you guys do at this point, everyone has to be getting pissed off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

does ivermectin cure brainworms though? besides killing the host I mean.