Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Aurora posted:

the vtuber thread had people who are not chat thread regulars
vtuber thread and toonami thread always felt like isolated subcommunities to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Honestly, I quite liked the Vtuber thread, and the creepiness was fairly minimal, outside of the trolls from other sub-forums. I just realized that it was one of like three threads I actually read on SA, and that there's not a good replacement for it that I know of.

yea same. we had cool dudes like nielsm who actually live translates polka's streams or kanfy hitting us with some nijisanji stuff i'd have glanced over otherwise. cant even think of any other place which is relatively creep-free. forget the main hololive subreddit, i still think about that one dude who took a life-sized cardboard cutout of himemori luna with him to go shopping in public and anybody who suggested that maybe that was a weird thing to do got downvoted into oblivion

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Smiles posted:

i still think about that one dude who took a life-sized cardboard cutout of himemori luna with him to go shopping in public and anybody who suggested that maybe that was a weird thing to do got downvoted into oblivion

This sounds amazing though?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

We are all vtubers if you really think about it

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Droyer posted:

This sounds amazing though?

oh god maybe im the weird one

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rank 152, hosed up.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Honestly, I quite liked the Vtuber thread, and the creepiness was fairly minimal, outside of the trolls from other sub-forums. I just realized that it was one of like three threads I actually read on SA, and that there's not a good replacement for it that I know of.

Yeah compared to other vtuber spaces online it wasn't too bad, but unfortunately I was really bad at judging when stuff went over the line. Perhaps with a different IK things would have turned out differently.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

what happened to your av

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly if people want a vtuber thread so badly, why not make a discord? that's even better for liveposting and poo poo.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Acerbatus posted:

Honestly if people want a vtuber thread so badly, why not make a discord? that's even better for liveposting and poo poo.

Worth a shot if it can vet people so it doesn’t get overrun by trolls. But, I mean, goon projects…

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Erg posted:

what happened to your av

Nothing. It's been like this forever, except that at some point someone put a top hat above it

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I used to have a Lum avatar many years ago, like 5 years ago, when it was popular and it was gifted to me.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Yeah compared to other vtuber spaces online it wasn't too bad, but unfortunately I was really bad at judging when stuff went over the line. Perhaps with a different IK things would have turned out differently.

The problem wasn't with the thread itself.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 25, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we really don't need to relitigate this in this thread either. im literally on my hands and knees, begging, you people to just let it go.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I just wanted them to know it wasn't their fault.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Acerbatus posted:

Because it's terrible for literally everything other than liveposting.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm impressed I'm inside the top 400 with just 25 posts. I joined when I was 19, back in 2012. The account was a birthday gift :v: Like a month after joining, I got gifted this av just because I posted in the Gunnerkrigg Court, thank you Avatar Fairy.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Don't we already have a anime goon discord with a vtuber channel? Its been fairly quiet for several months but maybe this could be a good time for a comeback.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rubellavator posted:

Maybe not entirely, but I do have some culpability in not wrangling the thread better.

Anyway, less self-flagellation, I need to get back to watching Gundam Wing once I'm done scanlating this 48-page manhua chapter. Although a new chapter should be coming out soon...

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
everyone laugh at this clip instead of talking about vtubers more

https://twitter.com/nocontextmugen/status/1334614620644970497

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Rubellavator posted:

yeah its yours. Hahahaha

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

yet again all the evidence points squarely at the cia

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

going to become a vtuber but instead of getting a live2d it's just me wearing korones second outfit, and instead of streaming it's just me in a room enjoying wearing a frilly dress by myself

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azran posted:

I'm impressed I'm inside the top 400 with just 25 posts. I joined when I was 19, back in 2012. The account was a birthday gift :v: Like a month after joining, I got gifted this av just because I posted in the Gunnerkrigg Court, thank you Avatar Fairy.

The real question is:

Did you ever play natural selection 2?

homeless snail posted:

going to become a vtuber but instead of getting a live2d it's just me wearing korones second outfit, and instead of streaming it's just me in a room enjoying wearing a frilly dress by myself

Isn't it 3d models and not l2d?

Raenir Salazar posted:

Don't we already have a anime goon discord with a vtuber channel? Its been fairly quiet for several months but maybe this could be a good time for a comeback.

I made that as a failsafe if the forum went down, since it's still here there's no use for it. Might as well just start a new one where the people who care can vet it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

really the operative part of it is me wearing the cute skirt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wish I had a cute skirt.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
hi I'm Pomu

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The best part of the Jerma dollhouse for me was when Kitboga tried to scam him

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I wish I had a cute skirt.

This is easily remedied

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i wont give you mine tho

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

everyone laugh at this clip instead of talking about vtubers more

https://twitter.com/nocontextmugen/status/1334614620644970497

this looks kinda fun

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do you call it when you're going to watch every episode of something because you want it to be good but you know in your heart of hearts it's probably going to be bad?

e: then again akudama drive wasn't too bad so maybe the gfl anime has a shot.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

wasting your time

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

Rubellavator posted:

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

marumaru posted:

this looks kinda fun

boy do i have good news for you, this is an attempt to directly port the fighting system of golden fantasia to mugen

https://store.steampowered.com/app/550340/Umineko_Golden_Fantasia/

its even got rollback

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Am I cum or am I Korone in this situation

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

homeless snail posted:

you saying "just me in a room" made me think of the picture of the snail in a cardboard box again but this time also in a dress in addition to the box.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i dont like that cum was twisty. i guess threadnesday ultimately is to blame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mycophobia posted:

i dont like that cum was twisty. i guess threadnesday ultimately is to blame

this. identity theft imo