Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Casey Finnigan posted:

man I try to walk my dog at night alone and this annoying rich lady in my neighborhood sees me across the street, comes by, and talks to me unmasked and slobbers all over my dog. Hope she's not sick

what a stupid thing to have to worry about lmao

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/979810839749210112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Asproigerosis posted:

There was at least some semblance of plausibility with the H because it was fresh into the plague before remsediver whatever became the go to and the drug is used frequently in humans for multiple conditions.

Horsey sauce is for loving animals and I suspect the actual instances where you'd need it in humans are so rare it'd have to be custom ordered by the pharmacy.

Or fox news is an op where they try to see how loving dumb their viewers are and see how many they can get to poison themselves with increasingly dumber ideas. Going to just be straight up rat poison next.

plus i dont think hydroychlorinique ever took off on this level, the horse putting is selling out so much across the south and midwest that stores are literally putting up signs next to it saying dont eat this poo poo you dumbasses

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hillary 2024 posted:

Warfarin in low doses is used to prevent blood clots and in high doses is used to poison rats. So they just need to persuade the olds to take all their medication in one massive dose and the Fox viewer base will collapse.

warfarin and levothyoxin are things that are boring, cheap, and generic but also extremely sensitive to dosing to the point of killing people in short order that they feel like some of the weak points of the system that will break first

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Hillary 2024 posted:

Warfarin in low doses is used to prevent blood clots and in high doses is used to poison rats. So they just need to persuade the olds to take all their medication in one massive dose and the Fox viewer base will collapse.

Nobody takes warfarin anymore, it's all the oral anticoagulants that also happen to be 400% more expensive.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Hillary 2024 posted:

warfarin works as a rat poison because rats are always falling down and bumping into things and if their blood is super watery and bad at clotting, possibly because they've been eating a shitload of an anticoagulant like warfarin, then the bruises they'd normally get from these falls turn into severe internal hemorrhages and they effectively bleed to death.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So sad. Delta just works differently.

Build a wall and make your sister pay for it.

The PM will try to force an open er up after we get past 70% vaccinated but none of the states will budge, and states have autonomy on this.

There's a federal election coming up soon too so the PM is panicking.

You guys already have border checkpoints for koala smuggling and poo poo, right? Just need to put up some spikes to stop the war rigs going cross country

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Nobody takes warfarin anymore, it's all the oral anticoagulants that also happen to be 400% more expensive.

*mentally imaging the retail pharmacy shelving that has half of one wall dedicated to warfarin doses* I think your hospital experience may differ from the real world retail one

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i don't really gaf anymore

if you don't do anything to protect yourself and want to mainline ivermectin, then go for it and die i guess

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Iver's Mectin House and Horse Pasterrie

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

please do not turn rats into Prince Alexei

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Nobody takes warfarin anymore,

Everyone with a genetic coagulation disorder.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Gresh posted:

plus i dont think hydroychlorinique ever took off on this level, the horse putting is selling out so much across the south and midwest that stores are literally putting up signs next to it saying dont eat this poo poo you dumbasses

Well delta cases are way worse, vaccines take 6 weeks to be effective, and people need help now because they hosed up 6+ weeks ago and here we are

Can't make them mask of course. That ship has sailed

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1430280499214307333

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

have you considered they're just a bunch of stupid assholes who don't want to do anything they haven't been tricked into thinking they decided for themselves

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

jetz0r posted:

https://diabolical.substack.com/p/we-have-to-team-up-to-beat-the-sars
the FP article it quotes is behind a paywall, someone in the thread linked and quoted it a while ago.

my completely untrained interpretation of this is that the short term immune response is gone by 8 months, leaving only the slow long term memory response. that implies that at 8+ months, the immune response is at a floor, it could wane a bit more, but the quicker acting response is gone and the system might be stable at that point. that sounds pretty bad, so shouldn't the boosters come BEFORE individuals hit that immune response floor?

again, as an untrained idiot hellfucker, I would want to get a booster while that short term immune response is still around. rather than waiting for it bottom out. that suggests boosters in the 4-6 month range, not in the 8+ month range. given the CDC's record of making the worst decisions, i'm glad I got my booster at 4 months.

i'll take this W in exchange for the upcoming L from saying that we wouldn't hit the same death peaks as winter.

c'mon daily 9/11s, make me eat that crow.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

watching a baseball game to try to take my mind off of the panini

note that the audio for one of the Jays announcers keeps cutting in quality/lagging/desyncing with the game

he's still in Florida because he refuses to get vaccinated and trying to call games from there

ETA: he (Buck) also spent the beginning of the season complaining about incentives for players and team personnel to get vaccinated

Isentropy fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 25, 2021

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Gresh posted:

Nah it was bad enough to force lupus patients to not get their H because of dumbs slurping it all up. Big ol lol when kaiser sent out that letter to lupus patients thanking them for their sacrifice while they try out hydrodoxy on covid patients. Now delta is here and it is loving everyone who isn't vaxxed so they are grasping for anything that keeps them from dying but still owns the libs.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

quote is not edit

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Asproigerosis posted:

my boomer parents take it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thinking about the conversation at the hospital whereby he convinced them to administer ivermectin

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Schnorkles posted:

i don't really gaf anymore

if you don't do anything to protect yourself and want to mainline ivermectin, then go for it and die i guess
yeah been loling at these horse paste deaths
feel bad for their kids though

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

lol

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

so we've got back to school and Labor Day weekend in the next two weeks huh

how about that

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1430345450373193734?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/demant_daniel/status/1429262848690036739?s=20
https://twitter.com/demant_daniel/status/1429264027675291650?s=20

quote:

Senior Lecturer @UTS_PH. Epidemiologist. Sort of good at LGBTQ Rainbow flag Health, HIV/STI stuff and drugs. Opinions are weird and my own. Born and raised in Flag of Germany

this dude is an Australian epidemiologist and wants to surrender to the virus

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

so we've got back to school and Labor Day weekend in the next two weeks huh

how about that

stock up on the horse paste now

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

the plane's in danger

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Tzen posted:

yeah been loling at these horse paste deaths
feel bad for their kids though

it's always the foals that are hurt the most

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Woah woah no need to horsepile on me about warranty I'm just a humble mri tech. Besides mri has nothing to do with heme and congenital blood gremlins so I only ever see embolism/stroke patients put on lifelong clot prophylaxis.

If it's not diagnosed with mri, it doesn't exist in my medical world. As far as I'm concerned fetal medicine is a myth and babies just magically appear at 9 months and then I do an MRV on mom because she had a headache.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
horse pastries keep the COVID away

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how many mris can you do an hour and how much do they charge per mri

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

this except when i'm parking my car in the lot in front of Ralph's at 1 AM :argh:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Protip if you're trying to dose your dying friends and family with horse fart serum, just do it. It'll become a whole thing if you mention it to the nurse or doctor. IV drug users have people sneak in stuff for them all the time, don't be a square and narc on yourself.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I feel the most sympathy toward horses right now

They didn't ask to have worms.

Sorry, Spirit, you're gonna have to tough it out a little longer. Old mayor Dennis is driving your medication over the Ozarks

:smith:

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

this poo poo’s unproven as hell and the research is mostly signal boosted by Facebook and associated researchers because it makes their product sound cooler. the effect sizes they found are laughable. Disinformation Experts glommed onto it more recently.

That's fair, not saying it's anything more than a semi-plausible model to qualitatively describe the situation. TBF the topic under discussion is why are people eating horse paste instead of getting vaccinated, doubt any explanation is going to be much better than semi-plausible. Honestly this might be closest:

Xaris posted:

it's much more decentralized of a self-perpetuating ouroboros of poo poo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Judakel posted:

the plane's in danger

the hangar is a bastion against disease

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

We still have the common cold and flu. The odds of us eradicating COVID-19 are dismally small. I haven’t chosen not to fight against it, but I totally understand the logic of those who have thrown in the towel. And I even kinda got their paranoia.

I have 2 daughters suffering from depression mostly due to the separation of friends for social distancing. One of them has had to be hospitalized.

I’d rather watch one of us die from COVID, than find one of my children dead by her own hand.

These are clean easy decisions.

I’d rather watch 10+ die of COVID than see a daughter kill her self.
I’m a father not a saint.

I will ask my kids to wear masks at school, but I cannot make them.

We’re vaccinated, and wear masks in public. We got COVID under those conditions. There are too many variables.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Isentropy posted:

watching a baseball game to try to take my mind off of the panini

note that the audio for one of the Jays announcers keeps cutting in quality/lagging/desyncing with the game

he's still in Florida because he refuses to get vaccinated and trying to call games from there

ETA: he (Buck) also spent the beginning of the season complaining about incentives for players and team personnel to get vaccinated

That's what was happening!!! I was wondering why he kept getting bumped down to RealAudio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Band of Horses eat the paste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao8FIszjKZg