Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/McKinsey/status/1430249051589595137?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Swedes being smug about their complete covid failure is annoying. I thought they were part of the small group of generally reasonable countries.

https://twitter.com/AJemaineClement/status/1428331610848387072?s=19

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
what happens when there's no more paste for horses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

how many mris can you do an hour and how much do they charge per mri

It is so wildly varying that I get real loving mad at coworkers that try to schedule a whole worklist and then you gotta call 5 different nurses to say never mind because the first ducking patient is claustrophobic and you play bullshit games getting ativan for them and turn a 15 minute scan into an hour and a half. In the outpatient world with walky talky patients that 90% aren't claustrophobic, vast majority of individual exams can be broken down to taking either 30 min or an hour.

As for cost it is a closely guarded state secret and when you ask your manager they get super offended as though you just asked their favorite sex position.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
a year from now there’s going to be a super horse worm that developed because horses went untreated and it will cross over into humans and destroy us all

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The outdoor mask mandate is going to be laughed at almost universally in Oregon. I bet the only people who follow it will be on Hawthorne Blvd. and maybe Belmont

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Swedes being smug about their complete covid failure is annoying. I thought they were part of the small group of generally reasonable countries.

Yes but who's the country with 0 deaths now and 100% freedom?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

It is so wildly varying that I get real loving mad at coworkers that try to schedule a whole worklist and then you gotta call 5 different nurses to say never mind because the first ducking patient is claustrophobic and you play bullshit games getting ativan for them and turn a 15 minute scan into an hour and a half. In the outpatient world with walky talky patients that 90% aren't claustrophobic, vast majority of individual exams can be broken down to taking either 30 min or an hour.

As for cost it is a closely guarded state secret and when you ask your manager they get super offended as though you just asked their favorite sex position.

turns out their favorite position is loving the patient

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

assuming its 3000 an mri that’s some pretty good revenue per day

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Asproigerosis posted:

Seeing Australia covid numbers is so tiring. Why bother? Who even cares about 5 people in your Township getting covid. Counting the grains of sand on the beach.

USA numbers are like when you hit max level in an rpg and you do 274729 billion damage per hit and your eyes glaze over when you use your special moves. :colbert:

with the Australia/NZ numbers, you get to see if it's even possible for a western liberal democracy to hold back the tide. they have examples all around the world to go off and the numbers aren't so high that it's impossible to recover from (...maybe).

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
here’s a price chart for knee mris

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1429614967532277763

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
australia is gone i think. but nz could make it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo it’s a huge sham

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

jetz0r posted:

idiots are still having weddings and going to brunch while hospitals collapse, lol

My wife's stepbrother is having a wedding this October that they scheduled well over a year in advance and I would imagine that, by god, they're doing it since they're turbo chuds.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
That's probably a good ballpark estimate for an average. Of course insurances don't ever actually reimburse that much because of the whole game they play with hospitals.

It's why I also get really mad when management talks about revenue down and flex hours and can't afford to hire more techs. Like gently caress all the way off with that poo poo, one loving mri covers the cost for an entire day of operation. Don't loving tell me you can't afford to have two techs at a site which is what you're supposed to do for patient safety and it vastly improves work flow when you don't have one person doing everything and getting behind.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Asproigerosis posted:

Seeing Australia covid numbers is so tiring. Why bother? Who even cares about 5 people in your Township getting covid. Counting the grains of sand on the beach.

Australia's population is more urbanised than America's but thanks for your lovely take I guess.

*Me literally looking out my window at this as an American says no one lives here*

Edit: and we're actually trying so numbers matter. Maybe Americans should stop talking about their experience since nothing will change there.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 25, 2021

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Joementum posted:

a year from now there’s going to be a super horse worm that developed because horses went untreated and it will cross over into humans and destroy us all

don't threaten me with a good time

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

euphronius posted:

lamo it’s a huge sham

what about the last few decades convinced you that it wasn't??

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

one of the few good things trump did

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

euphronius posted:

how many mris can you do an hour and how much do they charge per mri

mine cost $550 and took about half an hour

and MRIs loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Apr 7, 2003

I mean yeah, no poo poo? It's about what they can argue out of a contract with an insurer. Every insurer has a separate contract with any given hospital.

If you want to see the true price of any given procedure or consumable, check the integrated payer-providers, they're usually charging themselves accurately.

I spent seven years buried in the finance side of claims billing and I've seen some super wild poo poo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hospital administrators are really expensive lmao

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003

just some ongoing risk of new variants but really nothing to worry about...just let delta blast through and we're good. cool cool

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

america loves biden, the good man who is not trump

Apr 7, 2003

Isentropy posted:

watching a baseball game to try to take my mind off of the panini

note that the audio for one of the Jays announcers keeps cutting in quality/lagging/desyncing with the game

he's still in Florida because he refuses to get vaccinated and trying to call games from there

ETA: he (Buck) also spent the beginning of the season complaining about incentives for players and team personnel to get vaccinated

I saw a spring training baseball game at the Jays facility in Dunedin and it's just Canadian snowbird central, they're everywhere and they're all very fat and very red.

Apr 7, 2003

Wrex Ruckus posted:

one of the few good things trump did

Trump's administration somehow made school lunches free for every child through the pandemic while they were in school or not. Absolutely an A+ move.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/newley/status/1428661978491465731?s=20
https://twitter.com/ShibaniMahtani/status/1428662794703015943?s=20
https://twitter.com/ShibaniMahtani/status/1428663781052256257?s=20

Tyrannical Beijing is stopping Hong Kong from having COVID and being a part of the international community. Singapore is free, will get international business, and the only cost is hundreds of deaths per year.

quote:

SINGAPORE, Aug 17 (Reuters) - With just a few dozen COVID-19 deaths and one of the world's highest vaccination rates, Singapore wants to reopen for business - and is laying the groundwork to live with the coronavirus as it does other common diseases such as influenza.

Its medical experts say residents may see hundreds of deaths each year from endemic COVID-19, similar to the flu. That pragmatic approach could set an example for other countries looking to exit lockdowns as they ramp up their own inoculation programmes.

"The only way to have no deaths from a disease anywhere in the world is to eliminate the disease altogether and that has only been done for smallpox," said Paul Tambyah, president of the Asia Pacific Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infection.
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/singapore-prepares-long-term-life-death-with-covid-19-2021-08-17/

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

the swedish government is composed of idiot bloodthirsty fuckers

https://twitter.com/trtworld/status/1430003680401580032?s=20

the natural outcome of social democracy.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Joementum posted:

good to hear the dune sequel got funded

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

lamo it’s a huge sham

Yep, it's all just made up bullshit. It's also why I get real mad at doing so many pointless mri's just for lovely doctors to cya because they don't want to risk liability of missing some low probability whatever even though the patient is just going to be back in a month because they don't do any of the follow ups and you order all the same loving tests again jfc neurology they do not need a repeat mra there was not even any appreciable stenosis by NASCET criteria.

Last week they held a patient in the hospital for an entire week just to get a brain mri because the patient had nonspecific extremity "weakness" but we had to wait a week for a st jude rep to be available for the pacemaker. An entire week in the hospital hotel just to have an mri despite low probability and negative serial ct's.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol turns out pewdiepie wasn't an outlier

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Mr Interweb posted:

mine cost $550 and took about half an hour

and MRIs loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuck

why do they suck? Im getting my brain and spine scanned in 3 weeks because I think I have nerve damage from covid

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Joementum posted:

pence will be the vector.

Apr 7, 2003

Here's a fun topic for you to research, pharmacy rebates.

Pharmaceutical companies pay insurers when they pay for prescriptions. It's basically a direct kickback for every prescription they cover. What happens to that money? Sometimes, the insurer pays a portion of that kickback to the contract holder. Most of the time it just goes into their pocket. lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/naveenjrazik/status/1430350624596447241?s=20

lol blue checks are universally the worst

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Australia's population is more urbanised than America's but thanks for your lovely take I guess.

*Me literally looking out my window at this as an American says no one lives here*

Edit: and we're actually trying so numbers matter. Maybe Americans should stop talking about their experience since nothing will change there.

Maybe it's the lockdown brain that's got you so hostile. Classic CAVE syndrome. Open up and embrace the freedom. Do not let a virus control you!

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Going by your posts your job sounds like a poo poo job and you should quit.

The poo poo part is that I love my job.

This is the email that'll get me fired:

[PERSON],
I am somewhat confused and need your clarification. I received your notification regarding PTO/Sick Days. I most certainly have not tried to take advantage of [COMPANY], especially as it pertains to Covid time off. If anything I have done my best to avoid contracting or passing the virus by contentiously wearing masks and practicing enhanced hygiene.

When I recently tested positive, I followed CDC guidelines. Then last week when my housemate tested positive, I informed [BOSS] per company protocol and followed his advice, got tested, etc.

Based upon his 12/30/2020 policy memo, I thought we were covered for an additional 10 days of salary reimbursement as a result of mandated Covid isolation without affecting our regular PTO/sick days. (Naturally, when that memo was sent, no one realized you could be infected after vaccines or that you could contract the virus more than once.)

I very much enjoy and value my 8+ years of work with [COMPANY]. I just would like to be certain of my understanding of policy. I should also note that virtually everything that I have done during this pandemic is to work as safely as possible for our customers, our crews, and my coworkers.

Thanks

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Gresh posted:

why do they suck? Im getting my brain and spine scanned in 3 weeks because I think I have nerve damage from covid

they just take a long time, the machine makes obnoxiously loud noises, and you can't move. you end up stuck in a tube so you can feel claustrophobic.

If you get a contrast injection you apparently feel like you're peeing or something, idk I never got one.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Here's a fun topic for you to research, pharmacy rebates.

Pharmaceutical companies pay insurers when they pay for prescriptions. It's basically a direct kickback for every prescription they cover. What happens to that money? Sometimes, the insurer pays a portion of that kickback to the contract holder. Most of the time it just goes into their pocket. lol

Why does my insurance randomly switch between name brand and generic for no reason and it turns into a whole thing at the pharmacy as if I give a poo poo who's making my drugs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I love my job.

Found your mistake

a job is a way to convert your time + expertise into money. That is it. Never give a poo poo about it beyond that.