Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
A few people have mentioned balkanization and honestly I don't see any other outcome. plus I don't want to share a country with florida and south carolina

But then I remember our half rear end politicians in the PNW and I wonder if there's any positive way for it to shake out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Can you imagine this

Happening in hundreds of COVID wards across the entire country, thousands around the world

All day, every day for weeks, months and now a year and a half

No wonder why nurses are quitting, abusing drugs and getting suicidal
yeah
watching the Indian hospital videos and the chaos with packed ICUs, lack of oxygen, etc.
poo poo is going in that direction and it's hosed, completely loving brutal

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Can you imagine this

Happening in hundreds of COVID wards across the entire country, thousands around the world

Yeah it was annoying enough dealing with a single patient with monitor/vent/IV pump alarms for a few hours in an ambulance. Just lol lmao at non-stop shifts of 30 patients x 3 or 4 different devices alarming non-stop. Ah well I'm sure everything will be fine.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

i lmao everytime

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Steve Yun posted:

Can you imagine this

I remember a description from a nurse in New York in April 2020. Sealed into a room with 4 people on ventilators for 12 hours and trying to keep them alive. When someone died, she'd ring a bell, then some handlers would roll out their bed and roll in a new patient.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Uh oh, throat is feeling hoarse. I think this might be it friends. I'm going to die from my coworker or the bullshit lung scan I had to do last friday.

If i stop posting tell nichael he needs to burn my apartment.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah it was annoying enough dealing with a single patient with monitor/vent/IV pump alarms for a few hours in an ambulance. Just lol lmao at non-stop shifts of 30 patients x 3 or 4 different devices alarming non-stop. Ah well I'm sure everything will be fine.

we banged pots and pans what more do you people want

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

lol the south's obesity epidemic and covid are colliding with its fascism in order to produce the largest die off in recent memory.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
btw how much does you probability of dying from covid go up if you're obese?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Any opinion with "freedom" used unironically is almost always a lovely one

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Chuka Umana posted:

Three times higher

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Might be Covid.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Chuka Umana posted:

Not enough sadly

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Chuka Umana posted:

I'll let you know

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Lenin Stimpy posted:

oh how much i would give for the underclasses to be desperate for the vaccine

that's the nuttiest thing about this

i'd never have expected the outcome of a pandemic to be, hey we have this near miraculous treatment ready in 9 months, and it's free and widely available, but a good 1/3 of the population (2/3 in some places) rather eat horse paste instead

Boat Stuck fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 25, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

Can you imagine this

poo poo, I just post here and i want to abuse drugs

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

mod sassinator posted:

if some of the indications are true that's it's really delta and not waning immunity causing the big drops if efficacy... imho we got our first variant of high consequence already here

Source your poo poo, please.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

"In Time" starring Justin Timberlake but it's a countdown clock to when you die from COVID-19 and the clock goes up or down based on how fat you are and what foods you are eating, drinks, mask wearing, etc.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I popped into this thread just this evening and I already want to relapse on xanax after three years sober

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

"In Time" starring Justin Timberlake but it's a countdown clock to when you die from COVID-19 and the clock goes up or down based on how fat you are and what foods you are eating, drinks, mask wearing, etc.

In Time was a really ham-handed metaphor but at the time I was blown away by its scorching critique of capitalism

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Chuka Umana posted:

I popped into this thread just this evening and I already want to relapse on xanax after three years sober

Sounds like this is the wrong thread for you then

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Dang look at these very real facts

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

can I hide a hot dog in my sleeve so the count down timer can't see it

like a cheat meal???

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

cr0y posted:

Dang look at these very real facts

oh poo poo a triple benefit!!!!

one horse dewormer, please!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

In Time was a really ham-handed metaphor but at the time I was blown away by its scorching critique of capitalism

my favorite part was when they're playing poker for time and Justin Timberlake decides to slowroll the guy like an rear end in a top hat even though a second too long and he would have died

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
How much do I have to work out to get monoclonal abs? Is that more or less than a six pack?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

WampaLord posted:

oh poo poo a triple benefit!!!!

one horse dewormer, please!

sigh

large or small

apple or carrot flavored

you want aquarium cleaner with that?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Chuka Umana posted:

How much do I have to work out to get monoclonal abs? Is that more or less than a six pack?

It's right there in the name, it's a one-pack.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
sucking on that apple sizzurp yeehaa

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Will Delta be the boomer reset button we desperately need?

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I took 1 day off from this thread and came back to 1,000 posts of ivermectin lmaos, with greatest hits such as going blind and making GBS threads out your intestinal lining in ropes!

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Lacrosse posted:

with greatest hits such as going blind and making GBS threads out your intestinal lining in ropes!
new game show: is it a mlm product or ivermectin?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Chuka Umana posted:

Same but because I'm reading your posts

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

Will Delta be the boomer reset button we desperately need?

wild type already saved social security just from the Trump-era losses

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
anyone take the name Bon Ivermectin yet?

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

When I see videos like this, it's really hard for me to believe that many (like 30%) nurses still refuse to get vaccinated even when they see the results of not being vaccinated, but yet, it's true.

I read some interview a month ago or so where Rhea Boyd had this to say about the psychology of antivaxxers:
"These very contentious encounters are driven by people really staunchly holding on to something that they are served by in some way. Maybe it’s the source that belief came from, and they need to believe other things that source says. Maybe they want camaraderie or collegiality with people around them, so they can feel that they’re in an in-group. People need to believe that what they believe is true. They feel threatened when challenged about something to which they feel beholden."

These are all irrational, selfish reasons to not get vaccinated. We all have family members and friends who justify not getting vaccinated with one of these reasons. It's hosed and deeply harmful that we let people get away with this

COVID vaccination should not be optional

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Idiot Kicker posted:

anyone take the name Bon Ivermectin yet?

It’s my Twitter name but I think I stole it from the thread

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

It’s my Twitter name but I think I stole it from the thread

Nicely done

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Fix posted:

Source your poo poo, please.

i think it's mainly this:

via crackl-ping's twitter, from this preprint study out of utah:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.09.21261554v1.full.pdf

VE takes a sharp dive as delta becomes dominant, sharper than you would expect from normal waning over time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Boat Stuck posted:

This is the Starbucks at Shenzhen Airport right now.

China isn't loving around.

don't lie to me you paid ccp shill, that's obviously the wuhan lab where they cooked up the coronavirus