Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I’m watching Titans S1 and it sure is dumb but I don’t hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

omg chael crash posted:

That's probably a good over view of the entire series so far.

And you're lucky that you can go from the last episode of the first season straight into the first episode of the second, which absolutely should have been the last episode of the first season.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

OnimaruXLR posted:

Stark is consistently the most paranoid/possessive about the Iron Man tech, so with him gone, it's extra easy to imagine it falling into the "wrong" hands (actual wrong hands and also people who just want it in general) which then leads to Rhodey running around trying to re-claim it all

Armor Wars reminds one that for the longest time what defined Tony were his failures and personal demons (in a bottle) more than anything else. Like I hope Tony in 616 sends a nice check to Stingray every year by way of an apology.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Bring in the netflix punisher and have him steal the war machine suit as one of the plotlines, thanmks

Also titans is an eminently watchable show if youre folding laundry or doing similar things while watching

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

ilikedirt posted:

Also titans is an eminently watchable show if youre folding laundry or doing similar things while watching

I tapped out after season 1. I didn’t think it was bad, exactly, but it didn’t catch my attention enough to keep up with it. Are seasons 2 and 3 much different from season 1?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

ilikedirt posted:

Bring in the netflix punisher and have him steal the war machine suit as one of the plotlines, thanmks

He could quadruple his body count at least.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Didn't the secret wars armor wars series have Kingpin a suit? Do that along with Castle in a iron man suit.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This week's What If was a bit more along the lines of what I expect from the brand as a whole i.e. a story with a bad end (or at least, a not happy ending). I liked it a fair bit but think that, if they were trying to do little miniature mystery, they were maybe too strapped for time to make it work. There's a reason that Detective Conan stories are usually multi-parters.

Another thing I thought was weird is how Hulk looked like a sorta halfway point between Norton Hulk and Ruffalo Hulk. Maybe it just has to do with the hair?

That being said it was nice seeing Coulson again. I watched about 1.5 seasons of Agents of SHIELD and while that show was generic genre TV mush, he was always a charismatic presence. Also I think Samuel L. Jackson might be the best at voice acting out of any of the Marvel regulars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sam has done voice acting before so it's not surprising.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hiddleston was also having a lot of fun and the actual villain didn't do half bad. Lake Bell also did a much better ScarJo impression than I thought, even if it was a bit spotty. The actual 'what if' here was also pretty cool "What if... Hope van Dyne joined SHIELD?" is a clever hook.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

The actual 'what if' here was also pretty cool "What if... Hope van Dyne joined SHIELD?" is a clever hook.

This is what I loved most about it. One thing that seemingly would have zero effect on anything else causes a ripple that basically undoes everything we know. And it's not something completely unbelievable either. It feels pretty in character with everything we know about about the character from the MCU. That's a great hook.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol at Coulson's crush on Thor, his password, and exploding Hulk

i want to say the twist felt a little bit like cheating, since there is no indication that hope was ever a shield agent until literally the last couple minutes, so the whole thing is predicated on something you have no knowledge of. but i guess sometimes that's just how things work. nice use of yellowjacket

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Sam has done voice acting before so it's not surprising.

He's also just done way more acting than almost anyone else. Motherfucker's IMDB page has 196 movies/tv shows.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

i want to say the twist felt a little bit like cheating, since there is no indication that hope was ever a shield agent until literally the last couple minutes, so the whole thing is predicated on something you have no knowledge of. but i guess sometimes that's just how things work. nice use of yellowjacket

I mean, there were definitely the hints towards Ant-Man/Pym Particles being involved from the methodology being dropped before the reveal, at least. It was more here's why the killer did it at that point.

I wonder if Yellowjcket Pym might show up in Quantumania...also I kind of secretly hoped there'd be a postcredit thing establishing that no, Bruce really can't die, and Devil Hulk might come out to play in that timeline as a response to the trauma.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Yvonmukluk posted:

I mean, there were definitely the hints towards Ant-Man/Pym Particles being involved from the methodology being dropped before the reveal, at least. It was more here's why the killer did it at that point.

I'll have to watch it again because i didn't pick up on it until Janet's crossed out photo was on widow's computer screen at which point i immediately figured out what was happening

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

I'll have to watch it again because i didn't pick up on it until Janet's crossed out photo was on widow's computer screen at which point i immediately figured out what was happening

Well there's Betty Ross speculating about nanotechnology as the murder weapon when she's examining the injector and how it didn't use its payload, Hulk obviously exploding not unlike Yellowjacket's shrinking mishaps in reverse, and Barton dying in a sealed room. All pointing to a certain Ant-sized man.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well there's Betty Ross speculating about nanotechnology as the murder weapon when she's examining the injector and how it didn't use its payload, Hulk obviously exploding not unlike Yellowjacket's shrinking mishaps in reverse, and Barton dying in a sealed room. All pointing to a certain Ant-sized man.

Yeah my first hunch after Barton died was Ghost . I was close? but also way off.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

..........."Ant Man".............. definitely crossed my mind a few times in the episode but I don't think I really took those thoughts seriously since there wasn't any real link until the scene of Nat at the computer. But I also was enjoying the ride and really try and avoid getting ahead of the story or trying to "call it".

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 25, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Yvonmukluk posted:

tbh i figured it was loki because you could easily say he magiced the first two and always was shown in the movie to be able to do the third himself but I'm glad for the swerve

site fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 25, 2021

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually just kind of assumed it was ......Hydra.... and though that Nat was in the Jersey bunker and would gt confronted by Zola.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh that would've been cool. related, i laughed at frank grillo coming back for the cameo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like between Clint being killed in SHIELD custody, Grillo showing up, the bunker, and Pierce being name dropped I had this alternative version of events in my head where the episode ends with Fury being forced to work with Pierce and some Winter Soldier led Hydra Avengers to stop Loki.

The fact that it feels like it could have played out a bunch of different ways feels like a big plus for it. I'm loving this show. Its exactly the fun imagination fuel the comic book was when I was a kid.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i hope this is a spoiler for she hulk because i definitely need this now

https://twitter.com/shehulkdaily/status/1430616070373744640?s=19

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
I want to believe that Fury can pimp-slap Ant-Man out of the air on any normal day

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

tbh i figured it was loki because you could easily say he magiced the first two and always was down in the movie to be able to do the third himself but I'm glad for the swerve

This was what I as thinking, that Loki was causing this both to eliminate earths defenders and also give him a justification to invade

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jagermonster posted:

Yeah my first hunch after Barton died was Ghost . I was close? but also way off.

I guessed Yellowjacket after Clint died and I was kind of right.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Now this is the closest the show's gotten to replicating the original What If comics, especially the later runs, which were all about poo poo goes wrong, no one's got plot armor, there's hero corpses all over the place, and the bad guys win albeit with a glimmer of hope that what's left of the good guys might be able to make a comeback. Kinda glad that we don't get that style for every episode....the unrelenting bleakness of the books is why I quit reading them. The show seems to be willing to play fair, so each episode could be "The more things change, the more they stay the same" (Captain Carter), "Things get better" (Starlord T'challa), and "Things go to hell" (Dead Avengers). And you have to watch the episode to see which way they go. I can live with that.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah it keeps you guessing that way unlike watching Tales From The Whathaveyou where you know everyone is hosed.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

you're gonna feel that way the whole time. It rides the razor's edgelord the whole time and I'm kind of down with it. I mean, there are some really stupid choices made, and it still has a bit of the CW "WE WILL NEVER TALK ABOUT ANYTHING" plot complications, but I enjoy it.

site posted:

Yeah but that was the "What If?" part. The actual Murderer was telegraphed when Betty said the needle was blocked and it looked like something exploded from it. I was already thinking of Antman once Clint ended up dead, but that cemented it. I just didn't expect it to be Hank and was wondering why Scott would be murdering Avengers instead of cyber crimeing rich folks.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 26, 2021

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
double post

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Soonmot posted:

Yeah but that was the "What If?" part. The actual Murderer was telegraphed when Betty said the needle was blocked and it looked like something exploded from it. I was already thinking of Antman once Clint ended up dead, but that cemented it. I just didn't expect it to be Hank and was wondering why Scott would be murdering Avengers instead of cyber crimeing rich folks.

tbh, at first I thought it was Loki, then Ghost, then Janet

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Idk if I missed it in other episodes, but the extra wide shots with uatu in the sky were really neat this week.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Due to the amount of Star Trek i've watched, when Uatu says "Space..." I can't help but hear him say "...the final frontier."

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Due to the amount of Star Trek i've watched, when Uatu says "Space..." I can't help but hear him say "...the final frontier."

I've barely watched any Star Trek and I hear it too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kingtheninja posted:

Idk if I missed it in other episodes, but the extra wide shots with uatu in the sky were really neat this week.

I think so far he's only popped up in like one shot of T'Challa getting kidnapped last week and none in Captain Carter. Uatu clearly found this story very interesting

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
maybe he'll loom larger and larger in every episode until the finale where he's like okay nope sorry gotta step in on this one

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The zombie one is gonna have him pop out and go "poo poo, how do you people gently caress this up so bad?!"

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

site posted:

maybe he'll loom larger and larger in every episode until the finale where he's like okay nope sorry gotta step in on this one

This is what I assumed from the very first “but I must never interfere!!”

Like okay, Uatu, you really convinced us you’ll never stick your nose in :rolleyes:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sanschel posted:

This is what I assumed from the very first “but I must never interfere!!”

Like okay, Uatu, you really convinced us you’ll never stick your nose in :rolleyes:

Pretty sure Uatu interferes in his very first comic appearence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

The zombie one is gonna have him pop out and go "poo poo, how do you people gently caress this up so bad?!"

I'm really, really hoping to see some easter eggs. It's hard to have Marvel Zombies feel like that much of a threat when its just the MCU cast.