Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I believe the Sting story will never be over until he has healed enough to take off the crow makeup and proudly woo and beat his chest with his hair dyed blonde and some neon color on his face and tights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A talking coyote posted:

Yes. A better song for Ruby Soho than the song Ruby Soho. What?

Hard to believe there could be songs with better opening bits than Ruby Soho and that someone might consider that when choosing a wrestling theme, I know. Getting the rights to use the name is cool on its own, you don't really need the whole package IMO.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

MassRafTer posted:

I'm glad AEW is using good Sting instead of mostly bad Sting that was funny a few times.

There isn't a bad Sting.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

smikey posted:

There isn't a bad Sting.

Sorry but I don't believe in moral relativism and thus the nWo Sting was bad because he was evil.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hard to believe there could be songs with better opening bits than Ruby Soho and that someone might consider that when choosing a wrestling theme, I know. Getting the rights to use the name is cool on its own, you don't really need the whole package IMO.

please stop arguing this incredibly dullard-rear end opinion

malakai black uses an excerpt from a loving 8 minute long sludge metal song that takes 2 minutes to actually start but ehhhh Ruby Soho doesn't start with a WWE entrance stinger so she should use some dumb bull poo poo song instead

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

they should add footage of keys jingling to the beginning of all entrance videos so i can look at the screen and clap and go YAY WRESTLING!!! YAY

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

would you settle for a coin being flipped and making a jingling sound on a hard surface

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Sorry but I don't believe in moral relativism and thus the nWo Sting was bad because he was evil.

Yeah but that was Jeff Farmer, not Real Estate Steve!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah but that was Jeff Farmer, not Real Estate Steve!

Yip!

Oh wait, wrong Jeff Farmer.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
What if Jeff Farmer is innocent here and it was all Chris Harris?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

IGgy IGsen posted:

What if Jeff Farmer is innocent here and it was all Chris Harris?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnwj-w8yfs

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What's he even up to these days?

I honestly can't believe how much he fell off a cliff as soon as he did that knock-knock "joke." loving hell. It didn't end his career, it loving obliterated it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeremylambert88/status/1430327763353931778?s=20

it's probably because nobody could possibly care

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hey now, I liked his matches with Orney Lorcan.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
i didnt even know he was gone

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/uug_p_STAFF/status/1430157942494429189

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I feel like there may be something more to the Harris story than just the garbage line WWE gave him.

He showed up looking really out of shape compared to how he looked in TNA. Did he get hurt or lose motivation or something? That was ostensibly his big break. You'd think he'd be training like a maniac.

Then he couldn't even go back to TNA to play the "WWE misused me" card. He was just a nonentity. The line sucked, but it's not like he was the Shockmaster.

The whole thing is so loving weird.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

please stop arguing this incredibly dullard-rear end opinion

malakai black uses an excerpt from a loving 8 minute long sludge metal song that takes 2 minutes to actually start but ehhhh Ruby Soho doesn't start with a WWE entrance stinger so she should use some dumb bull poo poo song instead

You seem to be taking this very personally, are you the guy from Rancid?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if somebody says something that isn't airtight alaois will rip a huge hole out of it using the tiny hole it came with. if you're not prepared to handle that then you simply should consider not posting or posting something else. it's not personal

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Ganso Bomb posted:

He probably just likes the song

And it would sound like it's made for her for people who don't know

Aside from the verse, it ain't bad for entrance music

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Ganso Bomb posted:

Taking a cool calm rational approach, is your position that Ruby Riott secretly thinks the song she named herself after isn't a good entrance theme and faked excitement about being able to use it in order not to hurt Lars Frederickson/Alaois's feelings? Or is it more that she has bad taste in entrance music and someone needs to intervene and tell her she needs to keep looking?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Edge & Christian posted:

Taking a cool calm rational approach, is your position that Ruby Riott secretly thinks the song she named herself after isn't a good entrance theme and faked excitement about being able to use it in order not to hurt Lars Frederickson/Alaois's feelings? Or is it more that she has bad taste in entrance music and someone needs to intervene and tell her she needs to keep looking?

I think it's more that she was given permission to use the song but isn't required to, so maybe she'll get a Mikey Rukus theme or something else. She got the name, which is very cool, but it'd not like she was locked into having to use the theme. If she does show up in AEW, Tony could also have other ideas for theme music.

Who knows! I think it's a fine song but not necessarily a great entrance song unless maybe they do a remix or some kind of edited version IMO. Not sure how it's come across on TV especially with the way AEW uses the in-arena sound for their entrances and doesn't pump them in another feed to make them louder like WWE.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Arubyrubyrubyrubayyy

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
She's going to come in to Ruby by the Kaiser Chiefs and Soho by [one of the many bands who have recorded a song called soho] played over each other.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

would you settle for a coin being flipped and making a jingling sound on a hard surface

I mean, whenever I hear this near a ring I do go "YAY WRESTLING" so yes?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
People got all snarky the last time Kaiser Chiefs came up, but which song was a #1 hit: their song or this Rotten song or whatever?? Checkmate!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wasn't crazyfrog a #1 hit there

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think it's more that she was given permission to use the song but isn't required to, so maybe she'll get a Mikey Rukus theme or something else. She got the name, which is very cool, but it'd not like she was locked into having to use the theme. If she does show up in AEW, Tony could also have other ideas for theme music.

Who knows! I think it's a fine song but not necessarily a great entrance song unless maybe they do a remix or some kind of edited version IMO. Not sure how it's come across on TV especially with the way AEW uses the in-arena sound for their entrances and doesn't pump them in another feed to make them louder like WWE.

I totally get what you're saying, but I have my doubts that the lady who's a huge Rancid fan, to the point of naming herself after the song in question, isn't absolutely going to jump at the chance to use that song as her theme music when one of the people behind it offers it to her with full approval; or that BBT isn't going to be 100% on board with that idea, because he does seem to like doing stuff that's cool or keeps his wrestlers happy

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cavauro posted:

You're thinking of Hamsterdance

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You're thinking of Hamsterdance

Nothing but bangers from those boys

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Let's not talk about the boy bangers in here please.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Honestly if she's gonna use Ruby Soho just start with some static or something before dropping to the "Time to say goodbye" from the end of Verses 2 & 3 and then the chorus. Job done.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Hedgehog Pie posted:

People got all snarky the last time Kaiser Chiefs came up, but which song was a #1 hit: their song or this Rotten song or whatever?? Checkmate!!
In the United States of America (home of All Elite Wrestling) both "Ruby" and "Ruby Soho" topped out at #14 on the Alternative charts.

"Ruby (Don't Take Your Love to Town)" by Johnny Darrell got all the way up to #6 on the real Billboard chart in 1967, which means it's the obviously superior walk out music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcu6ZNAVDVc

Though if we are being objective and not taking Dori Prange's foolish sentiments into account, the truly smart thing to do is to tell her that Ruby Soho is a loser name and that her wrestling name should be White Christmas and then she'll have a TRULY recognizable banger to come out to. That or "Happy" Birthday.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This should be Ruby's new entrance theme

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tony would have to drop some of the jobbers to afford that

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Quantum of Phallus posted:

tony would have to drop some of the jobbers to afford that

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1427627525023453195

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I totally get what you're saying, but I have my doubts that the lady who's a huge Rancid fan, to the point of naming herself after the song in question, isn't absolutely going to jump at the chance to use that song as her theme music when one of the people behind it offers it to her with full approval; or that BBT isn't going to be 100% on board with that idea, because he does seem to like doing stuff that's cool or keeps his wrestlers happy

What I'm most worried about is whether or not she can fix her stolen car fast enough to still make it it All Out. I hope her entrance is her driving the car onto the stage and a dude holding a slim jim lazily running after her.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
ty

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Cavauro posted:

Hell yeah man, this should be someone's song too. 2000s UK #1 hits for all!

Johnny Darrell and the Cum Truck (band name) is good too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I really hope the AEW game will be good, so I can make a wrestler called White Christmas.