Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

its fun watching them get scared and try to run and then remember that they can't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Uncle Dane doubled the amount of Uncletopia servers to 25

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
2 south american servera, too. I might actually start playing again if theyre populated

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ArfJason posted:

2 south american servera, too. I might actually start playing again if theyre populated

Could be the opening rush but every single server was at capacity when I was playing earlier.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Whenever Dane mentions the servers in a video, they do tend to fill up very quickly for a bit, but it usually evens out soon enough.

We also just got a Singapore server this morning!

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Butt Detective posted:

We also just got a Singapore server this morning!
I might have to add that to my favorites. I don't know if this problem is exclusive to just the Asia region, but I've been running into a lot of lagbots that'll cause lag spikes or completely crash the server. They're worse than the racist aimbots since at least they can be kicked.

panic state
Jun 11, 2019

Sankara posted:

I wonder what Jimbomcb has been up to all these years?

Co-Lead on Jabroni Brawl 3, and now works at New World Interactive.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXz7fl8bwZg

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Just copy/pasting this here since I know there've been a few goon-run TF2 projects

https://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/poew5f/its_currently_make_or_break_for_the_future_of_the/

quote:

"It has come to the attention of Valve's legal team that a lot of community mods have been using their leaked source code as a base. Valve has temporarily requested the takedown of the downloads, as the distribution of leaked code and assets is an issue for them.

But Valve is primarily a company of modders and has shown serious interest in making sure these projects can continue to grow in the right way: the current idea they have is some sort of proper mod base and Steam Workshop support for TF2 which would have massive implications on the ability for community-created content to actually get the attention it needs to reach the majority of players and continue development.

They're currently looking for community interest/input, and this could be a great opportunity for the game. But at the same time, if they don't get clear and informed answers on what the community actually needs in terms of modding support, they may very well lose interest. This also goes for the general drama which has caused problems not just in community forums, but among these community developers.

The teams behind Creators.TF, OpenFortress, and others have come together to draft a clear statement to Valve on what needs to be done. If you yourself seriously work on a mod, begin considering and drafting all the things you need from Valve, what your project contributes to the potential of the game/franchise, and how the source code leaks have helped you in being able to develop.

If you're not, let any modders you may know about this, but more importantly, do everything you can to minimize the drama within the community. Valve has a track record of abandoning things when they lose interest and it's very likely that if we as a community screw this up, there won't be a second chance.

Full video report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulAePCqGbJ8

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

There are now snakes in cp_snakewater.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
snake worms.

snorms.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
finally

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also ive been working through jump academy 2

https://twitter.com/ArfJason/status/1438639669898526722

Zookeeper Steve
Jul 21, 2008
this is what jumping is now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjTN_fEklbc

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Been playing more tf2. Foughta direct hit cheater. Very cool

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I hate DH aimbots. So many people think they are legit when they are aiming mid chest no matter what and blasting away. Surprisingly playing soldier or demo at mid range into them is an easy way to put play them since they typically are garbage players. God help you if you’re a 125 class though.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Yeah, in some ways they're a lot less oppressive to play around than someone aimbotting sniper but also vastly harder to get rid of.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I mostly play on the Uncletopia servers these days. There's a shitload of them for some reason.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
There are plenty of human cheaters in uncletopia, creators, and other more popular community servers. Pretty obvious ones too, but because they will get on a mic and have friend/regulars it’s hard to remove them. Casual is usually bots, and unless it’s low population, they are pretty easy to deal with.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
This game deserves better

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

ArfJason posted:

This game deserves better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1Y3mTHGok

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
pl_badwater_rainy is good though

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's Halloween time again.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Joined a fame on helltower, my first since December, and immediately had someone mimic my username micspamming, someone else textspamming and I think somehow preventing me from typing anything, and then an aimbot sniper immediately headshoting me while pushing the cart. Then when I tried to leave my entire computer locked up.

Tf2's back bby

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I cannot join any regular valve TF2 servers anymore. The bots are in overdrive. And if too many are on a team, you can't kick em because they all vote No and then start voting for a random person, clogging up the vote queue.

What community servers do people regularly play on? I've been joining Skial alot lately.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Lowness 72 posted:

I cannot join any regular valve TF2 servers anymore. The bots are in overdrive. And if too many are on a team, you can't kick em because they all vote No and then start voting for a random person, clogging up the vote queue.

What community servers do people regularly play on? I've been joining Skial alot lately.

Uncletopia servers are where I play these days. I used to brave casual with tf2 bot detector, but the combination of class limits, nocrit, nospread, and no spin bots on the uncletopia servers make it a much more attractive option.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
I haven’t ventured off Uncle Dane’s community servers for months, obviously it’s harder to play a specific map outside of the normal rotation but if you can live with no crits/fixed spread, an absence of bots and a slightly higher skill level I recommend them

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lowness 72 posted:

the metagame of playing on a valve matchmaking server is very much a recreation of mann vs. machine

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I'd been playing on casual for so long that I forgot how nice it is to have random crits turned off. I see a soldier, and I know for certain that I can absorb one rocket before I die, letting me actually make the decision to fight or surf said rocket to safety. I don't have to worry about him randomly deleting me because he shot the floor.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Is it worth my sanity to go for bonus objectives on Halloween contracts?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
All it lets you do is unlock more contracts before you finish one. So like you could have the merasmus one and the harvest one unlocked at the same time, although only one can be active. If you don't get any bonus ones you'd have to wait to finish the merasmus one before unlocking the harvest one.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

8 Ball posted:

Is it worth my sanity to go for bonus objectives on Halloween contracts?

Depends on the bonus objective in question, like the one for Mann Manor for either capturing or defending objectives is piss easy so that one is worth doing

All you get for bonus objectives on the Halloween Contracts is extra stars and since I'm pretty sure they all cost only 1 star to activate it's not strictly necessary to have a bunch of extras outside of maybe having a little extra flexibility when it comes to which order you tackle the contracts in

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Oh yeah, I mean if you can easily nab them sure go for it, but definitely don't go out of your way to do them.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
This Erebus map is really terrible, whoever made should have actually played some rounds on it in wireframe before they bothered fleshing out all the scenery.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Just had two separate randoms add me because their team is missing a player for a Highlander tournament with $ prize money. What's the scam here?

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Xander77 posted:

Just had two separate randoms add me because their team is missing a player for a Highlander tournament with $ prize money. What's the scam here?

It asks you to enter your steam id and password when you “sign up” for the tournament.

It’s a type of scam that’s been going on since 2016 at least.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I hadn't played TF2 since... Christmas? Found some time to give it a spin again last night, since I love Halloween events.
My first attempt failed, nobody else seemed to be playing. Why did I even buy this Xbox Series X? Lame.
Kidding. Well, I did pick up a copy of Orange Box for Xbox last week, but I knew what to expect there.

Switched over to PC, got into a game, 3-on-3. The opposing team appeared to consist of one Pyro with a youtube link as a name, a second Pyro with my own name, and a Sniper. The two pyros mostly alternated between spamming chat with links to a youtube video, spamming a link to some page that (guessing by the URL) was promoting Donald Trump, or attempting to vote-kick everyone else. The sniper just stared straight up while spinning in circles and then someone, somewhere would randomly die.

*sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Robot Hobo posted:

I hadn't played TF2 since... Christmas? Found some time to give it a spin again last night, since I love Halloween events.
My first attempt failed, nobody else seemed to be playing. Why did I even buy this Xbox Series X? Lame.
Kidding. Well, I did pick up a copy of Orange Box for Xbox last week, but I knew what to expect there.

Switched over to PC, got into a game, 3-on-3. The opposing team appeared to consist of one Pyro with a youtube link as a name, a second Pyro with my own name, and a Sniper. The two pyros mostly alternated between spamming chat with links to a youtube video, spamming a link to some page that (guessing by the URL) was promoting Donald Trump, or attempting to vote-kick everyone else. The sniper just stared straight up while spinning in circles and then someone, somewhere would randomly die.

*sigh*

Go in to the "community servers" tab and search for "uncletopia" servers. You should at least have a hacker free experience with people playing relatively normally.