Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Hail merry
Full of paste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Found out there’s a Herman Cain Award subreddit and I love it.

A COVID opera in 5 acts

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

huh, jimmy dore is into the horse goo? what’s up with that?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
there was a vague non-negative study about ivermectin awhile ago which is why this thread was all over it for awhile so when the topic comes up in the collective consciousness six months later Jimmy wants to "Um Actually" someone with the original study without any additional context or research into the differences between human and animal drug products or what the study actually said.

It's more lazy than dumb.

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Well, he’s an idiot.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lol

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Excuse me,

It's horse paste, not horse goo.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Rachel Maddow had a segment talking about how dumb chuds were for ingesting horse paste, so Jimmy had to take the opposite tack

"disbelieve everything the liberal media tells you" kinda sorta works for foreign policy, but doesn't quite cut it when it comes to medical issues, even if you also adopt the COVID thread position that Fauci is a loving idiot. You actually have to have some semblance of critical thinking.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

J. P. Beagley posted:

Hail merry
Full of paste
The cure is with thee
Blessed are you among covids
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, brushing
Holy poo poo, Mother of God
Pray for us winners
Now and shortly in our death
Amen

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

8k a week what the gently caress sign me up motherfucker

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
The COVID pandemic is the latest (and esp horrific) episode in what's really been decades of managed immiseration in the US. I don't think this specific virus will ever be lethal enough to create intolerable disruptions for the ruling class or increase labor's bargaining power in the long term. I also wouldn't automatically assume any other class strata will be standing up for themselves anytime soon. The US has multiple overlapping social crises predating the pandemic that no one seemed concerned enough about to even lift a finger to address. Instead we've had nonstop passing the buck, corporate virtue signaling, and NGO-sanctioned street theater. Passivity (and the final foreclosure of class struggle altogether) is the outcome of social atomization and the total absence of authentic collective action I'd bank on before any other.

Millions dead didn't even end Modi's political career in India and the US is going to normalize a similar semi-periphery standard of living in the coming years. Hell, in many parts of the country that kind of poverty been a day to day reality for some time. That trend isn't going to reverse itself in a spontaneous uprising. Organizing is the only option and currently literally none of it happens outside the existing political system's funding mechanisms. The left isn't serious enough to do poo poo but wail on Proud Boys and get arrested anyway.

The relevant precedents for the material conditions we'll face predate WW2 and they'll be combined with 21st century forms of repression and mass manipulation. What you're seeing now is an acceleration of the self-colonization of the US that kicked off in the so-called "neoliberal" era.

Bathtub Cheese fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 25, 2021

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hello i'm here for the Ivermectin:

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

covid is just like a whole vibe and poo poo

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Rather be vibin'

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Business Gorillas posted:

thinking about how all the chuds in my state got everything they wanted wrt healthcare (all the rural hospitals closed because it turns out its impossible to run one at a profit and they chased all the immigrant doctors and their families out of town) and refused all the readily available vaccines and masks to trigger the libs. after posting on facebook about how they would die for their country, in a race war, and in sacrifice against antifa, death is finally staring them in the face. decades of decisions made directly against their own self-interest and the doom they boasted about embracing finally knocking at their door and.... they're whimpering and deepthroating syringes of apple-flavored horse medicine

gently caress you, chuds. got mine

$8k/week to intubate retired LAPD and some of the worst people in the country and then watch them slowly succumb while their idiot children wrestle with hospital security trying desperately to jam a bottle of horse medicine up their rear end?

I hosed up. I shoulda completed my nursing degree.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

gently caress man we're on pace to get 50k dead americans a week. no one can even comprehend what bad is

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

mayor loves mare drugs

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Excuse me,

It's horse paste, not horse goo.

actually it's a gel :smug::horse:

raisin kane
Dec 26, 2019
my love for you is like horse paste, dewormer

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
A whole city of dewormer artifacts!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stereotype posted:

gently caress man we're on pace to get 50k dead americans a week. no one can even comprehend what bad is

Oh I meant Covid pay in Idaho lmao

I’m not even a nurse but I’ll quit my gig and relearn vent settings

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

FizFashizzle posted:

there's a hospital in florida offering 30k sign on bonuses for PACU rns

i think my girlfriend is gonna dump me lol

FizFashizzle posted:

my have the tables have changed

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

fosborb posted:

8k/week 30k bonuses are 100% hazard pay because the clientele will all be the type of people who try to intentionally pull your mask off and spit in your mouth or shoot you if you don't give their dad horse paste

Apr 7, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh I meant Covid pay in Idaho lmao

I’m not even a nurse but I’ll quit my gig and relearn vent settings

Then you’ll be in Idaho though

Apr 7, 2003

text editor posted:

8k/week 30k bonuses are 100% hazard pay because the clientele will all be the type of people who try to intentionally pull your mask off and spit in your mouth or shoot you if you don't give their dad horse paste

Lol yeah

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

fosborb posted:

loo gently caress I need to wake up before I post

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

i dont think the hospital is going to let dennis take the horse paste

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Then you’ll be in Idaho though

Boise is a lovely town

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

getting arrested by the dept of wildlife for making counterfeit horse passports

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

text editor posted:

Probably your fellow nurses too lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

another day in the covid mines

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

raisin kane posted:

my love for you is like horse paste, dewormer

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/1430499526138241025

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo it’s literally the law to wear seatbelts

my god

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Someone I know is trying to argue that horse paste works lol

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Pillowpants posted:

depends on what you mean by works, op

it’s currently doing an excellent job at making me lol and lmao

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Pillowpants posted:

Well it works at deworming horses

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The ventilator kills you is gunna be the next big thing

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao kamala just travels around getting embarrassed

https://twitter.com/john_hudson/status/1430502052342423554?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The Moderna vaccine is more efficacious than the Pfizer vaccine and if someone has the choice they should get the Moderna vaccine. Does that sound accurate to people itt?