Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1430343630749843456?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oh god the car accident canard makes me mental

just straight up propaganda

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Louisgod posted:

[in extreme Pixies voice] deworrrmerrrrrr

Got me a horse paste
I wanch you to know
Sucking my apple flav
I wanch you to know

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

'Reveals' is an interesting choice of words.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

oh my wait until they hear about what’s going on at the southern border

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

fosborb posted:

Got me a horse paste
I wanch you to know
Sucking my apple flav
I wanch you to know

Blindin' up eyeballs
I wanch you to know

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Wolfy posted:

oh my wait until they hear about what’s going on at the southern border

You can't be outraged at inhumane conditions when the people being subjected to them are not, in your eyes, human beings.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

fosborb posted:

Got me a horse paste
I wanch you to know
Sucking my apple flav
I wanch you to know

lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Joementum posted:

Blindin' up eyeballs
I wanch you to know

oh gently caress it was right there

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
just dropped our 4 year old off for preschool day 1

100% outdoor until bad weather, then like 95% outdoor. All adults masked all the time, kids masked indoors and outdoors at parental discretion (we asked our kiddo to mask up and the staff to help her, we got KN94s for her from Kollecte). Every parent that was dropping a kid off was masked but most people here seem to think hippy pattern cloth masks are just fine still.

I think there's some reasonable chance she brings herself and us delta before the semester is over but this situation is about as safe as it could possibly be and it's very very clear to me she needs to social interaction. Getting her "out of the house" is not much of a concern for me but I am concerned about depriving her something resembling normal social contact for her last year before school.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

lil poopendorfer posted:

they're sorta correct. You could liken it to aggressive chemo

getting anti vax people to refuse to be kept alive by ventilator seems good and productive for everyone

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Crazyweasel posted:

what’s the science behind UKs low death count from their delta surge(s)? is there something about the AZ that makes it more durable to delta - or just they have more people vaxxed?

The second. They got a higher fraction of their olds vaxxed. There might also be something funky going on with the longer time difference between doses, but who knows.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Solarin posted:

getting anti vax people to refuse to be kept alive by ventilator seems good and productive for everyone

whatever speeds their arrival to Y’allhalla

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I wonder how the deus ex plot would have worked if like half the population just straight up refused to get the grey death vaccine

majestic 12 can’t blackmail anyone with vaccine priority lists bc they’re too stupid and just die instead

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Crazyweasel posted:

what’s the science behind UKs low death count from their delta surge(s)? is there something about the AZ that makes it more durable to delta - or just they have more people vaxxed?

it's testing, op

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

FrancisFukyomama posted:

I wonder how the deus ex plot would have worked if like half the population just straight up refused to get the grey death vaccine

majestic 12 can’t blackmail anyone with vaccine priority lists bc they’re too stupid and just die instead

The problem with basically all dystopian sci-fi is that they have to divorce themselves from reality enough to assume that while human beings are stupid and malicious enough to create whatever the given dystopia is, they are also somehow far less stupid and evil than they are IRL and thus never quite allow things to reach the point where the species goes extinct.

People are, simply, too stupid and mean to be realistically depicted in fiction. I'm reminded of the late, great, Iain Banks' quote on it; 'the problem with writing fiction is that, unlike reality, fiction has to make sense.'

No publisher would ever accept a story where the masses reject a miraculous vaccine to a deadly pandemic - that they do not eccept as real - to instead freebase horse paste.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Genuinely surprised Florida hasn't banned testing or some wacky workaround to that effect.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anything interesting happen since page 68? Thread moves way too fast to keep up with and nobody's updating the spreadsheet anymore.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

SplitSoul posted:

Anything interesting happen since page 68? Thread moves way too fast to keep up with and nobody's updating the spreadsheet anymore.

we’ve been celebrating covid being over since page 69

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

The problem with basically all dystopian sci-fi is that they have to divorce themselves from reality enough to assume that while human beings are stupid and malicious enough to create whatever the given dystopia is, they are also somehow far less stupid and evil than they are IRL and thus never quite allow things to reach the point where the species goes extinct.

People are, simply, too stupid and mean to be realistically depicted in fiction. I'm reminded of the late, great, Iain Banks' quote on it; 'the problem with writing fiction is that, unlike reality, fiction has to make sense.'

No publisher would ever accept a story where the masses reject a miraculous vaccine to a deadly pandemic - that they do not eccept as real - to instead freebase horse paste.

tbf in Deus Ex the Illuminati technocrats are dumb enough that they sink california into the sea and have lost control of 70% of America to a combined chuds/antifa force which seems about right for our current neoliberal overlords

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

FrancisFukyomama posted:

tbf in Deus Ex the Illuminati technocrats are dumb enough that they sink california into the sea and have lost control of 70% of America to a combined chuds/antifa force which seems about right for our current neoliberal overlords

Wasn't that just Bob Page and the MJ-12 crew? It's been ages since I last played, but I thought that the Illuminati had been running poo poo behind the scenes as technocratic overlords for ages and that it's only since Bob Page took control and started ignoring their traditional methodologies that poo poo went to hell.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

That is on your for having a life beyond the COVID Cspam thread.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Glenn Greenwald is in Brazil and still being like “Covid isn’t that bad for kids“. Someone should check his shoulders of little drops of brain.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Always click to the current page, OP.

The past is the past. Live in the Now.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

gently caress yeah. This dumb poo poo senator might Herman Caine himself.
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/24/sen-andre-jacque-hospitalized-covid-breathing-ventilator/8240409002/

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

lol how is that guy only 40? he's shaped like a lumpy pillow

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol how is that guy only 40? he's shaped like a lumpy pillow

Thats an entire key demo in this state.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

TheMightyBoops posted:

Thats an entire key demo in this state.

My Pillow [Shaped Body]

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pillowpants posted:

That is on your for having a life beyond the COVID Cspam thread.

Guess I'll just die. :shrug:

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

lmao

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

It's such a loving shame that delta isn't ripping through congress and putting everyone of them on vents

It's the kind of bipartisanship every American looks for in their elected leaders

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

a wise man once twote "Tiny children are not horses"

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

fosborb posted:

My Pillow [Shaped Body]

I specifically dieted during my work from home so I wouldn’t die of Covid because of this. I actually feel way better now and can breath at night.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

isn’t that the guy from the “game” goons can’t shut up about

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HiHo ChiRho posted:

It's such a loving shame that delta isn't ripping through congress and putting everyone of them on vents

It's the kind of bipartisanship every American looks for in their elected leaders

Yeah it's because many congress people already got the 3rd booster shot and if they get sick they get the best possible medical care in the country.

So basically they can be completely insulated from any sort of personal consequences for things like blocking vaccine and mask mandates.

Plus spread Horse Medicine conspiracy theories on the side.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/WLWT/status/1430450406778306566?s=20

quote:

COVINGTON, Ky. — A Northern Kentucky first responder is saying his previous opinions were wrong after contracting a severe case of COVID-19.

Covington Fire Lt. Jimmy Adams said he chose not to get the vaccine, largely due to his political views and beliefs.

About two weeks ago, he received his COVID-19 diagnosis. Adams said he assumed he'd be OK considering he exercises regularly and doesn't have underlying health conditions. Before long, though, he was taken to St. Elizabeth's hospital by ambulance.

"And here I am, a 50-year-old man, in reasonably decent shape, and it knocked me for a loop far greater than I ever thought," Adams said. "My CT scan proved I had bilateral pneumonia in both lungs, and I was going to be admitted at this hospital."

The painful experience prompted him to write a series of updates on Facebook.

"I would not wish this illness on my worst enemy in the world," one post read, in part.

Another read in part, "I have had my opinions over the last year. I was wrong."

"I'm not afraid to eat a little crow and say, 'hey, I made a mistake, don't be me," Adams said.

He said his hospital stay opened his eyes.

"I'm pretty sure that I would not have felt as bad getting the shot, as I did for the last week," Adams said.

He said he wants every person to make their decisions for the right reasons.

"I can't unring the bell for myself, but if one person I'm close to says, 'hey, I know Jimmy pretty well and he has made it a point to understand that I should look at this in a different light, and they get the vaccination and it keeps someone from going through what I went through, then that's a win," Adams said.

Adams said he respects people's choice if they don't believe the vaccine is right for them. He said he just hopes the decisions are made for the right reasons, not based on politics or ego.

Adams' wife also contracted COVID-19. She is vaccinated, however, and did not experience the severe symptoms her husband did.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

euphronius posted:

isn’t that the guy from the “game” goons can’t shut up about

Dark Souls?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no that’s a real game

the one where you are a drunk cop

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I know every week in Florida they have new articles about poor cops dying from COV19 / The community loved them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/pharmersOnly_/status/1429845172272173062