Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

otawa's been a shithole for years, it's true

hopefully some of those jobs are proofreaders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
too many jobs in the anthill are going to foreigner ants, we need to take care of our own

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Im envisioning a SWAT team kicking down the door to secure my mental health.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
how will we guard our strategic stockpile of wheaties? is this one of the million new jobs?

does canada have the infrastructure for domestic mimosa production?

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

secure the future for white children

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

ARACHTION posted:

secure the future for white old stock children

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
they arent even trying to hide it jesus loving christ

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Hey who is putting Your Ward News in my mail? Oh wait it's a conservative party flyer lol

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

I just hope the Maverick party splits enough for some close races in Alberta. Maybe NDP can sneak a riding.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

I just hope the Maverick party splits enough for some close races in Alberta. Maybe NDP can sneak a riding.

you mean other than Edmonton-Strathcona?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
'enactng' a new 'ant'-corruption law to clean up the mess in 'Otawa'

I don't usually care about typos but jfc that's all in one sentence.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's like a 419 scam email

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Rockstar Massacre posted:

'enactng' a new 'ant'-corruption law to clean up the mess in 'Otawa'

I don't usually care about typos but jfc that's all in one sentence.

hey now, typing on a busted macbook keyboard gets real frustrating!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

(white) p-p-p-powerbook

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1430153185352617988?s=19

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1430153188154527748?s=19

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1430153190478077952?s=19

lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

It's cool that he acknowledges that the unobtainable dream for most people now is a place where you can have guests sometimes

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lmao

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

*decides to not tear down 1.4 million properties that are already owned by commercial entities* look at all the preservation we did. Anyway, no reason to do any of the other stuff now

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Liberals gonna lib

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i hate the liberals

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

can't even spell Ottawa correctly. come on this is getting silly

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

all i'm hearing is a bunch of programs i'll never qualify for. liberal programs are for middle class people. how about you promise to give me a home or lower my rent

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I'm feeling super grumpy we missed the boat on the last middle class homeowner subsidies because we'd already paid for our new windows but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can snag the next round. There's deffo going to be more handouts from the trusty libs desperate to win this election. Papa needs to increase the R value of his home at the expense of rentailure millenials.

I'm feeling like the guy that snagged the last chair when the music stopped. Housing went from heated to loving insane just after we bought our house. This place is worth 100K more than we paid for it according to our realtor. Renewal date is up and we already have the paperwork signed for under 2%. This isn't sustainable but gently caress it I have a house.

EvilJoven has issued a correction as of 13:14 on Aug 25, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well, congratulations on getting yours, at least.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Still gonna vote for the party that says this is all unsustainable bullshit and campaigns on a platform of forcing us all out of SFHs and into communal accommodations.

It'll be a wasted vote but it already is anyway.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

I had no idea Ant-Corruption was an election issue tbh.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they're bad ants, koobes

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

infernal machines posted:

well, congratulations on getting yours, at least.

He should give his house to me, out of solidarity

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's in winnipeg though

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
thats not grabbing the last chair in musical chairs, thats just sitting down on the floor

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

it's in winnipeg though

Ah that's fine I can rent it out as an investment property

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
people on winnipeg reddit were complaining that people are selling their million dollar condos in vancouver and toronto and buying three houses in winnipeg and turning two into rental property. apparently there is a lot of posts and anecdotal evidence to support these complaints.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

it's in winnipeg though

all goons move to winnipeg and we can take over the city for communism like its 1919

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I know several people in Winnipeg who've been selling their homes or getting reevaluated for 50K to 100K over what they had when they purchased. Shits crazy even there.

You can get a nice rural house for a "normal" price but good luck selling one of those or trying to WFH with poo poo internet.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Fried Watermelon posted:

I know several people in Winnipeg who've been selling their homes or getting reevaluated for 50K to 100K over what they had when they purchased. Shits crazy even there.

You can get a nice rural house for a "normal" price but good luck selling one of those or trying to WFH with poo poo internet.

Could luck out with Valley Fibre, but even then you're stuck in dangerous proximity to Winkler

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Rutibex posted:

all goons move to winnipeg and we can take over the city for communism like its 1919

i was going to say goon project: winnipeg, but hypothetically, how could you tell?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
The smell would change.

It wouldn't improve, just... change.

StealthArcher posted:

Could luck out with Valley Fibre, but even then you're stuck in dangerous proximity to Winkler

With all the antivaxxer hudders and mennos leaving for south america and poo poo (this is actually happening) or just, you know, dying of covid, pretty soon Winkler and the rest of southern MB is going to be empty and hopefully refill with sane people.

Maybe they'll stop running everyone but cis white people out of town.

EvilJoven has issued a correction as of 15:03 on Aug 25, 2021

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

EvilJoven posted:

With all the antivaxxer hudders and mennos leaving for south america and poo poo (this is actually happening) or just, you know, dying of covid, pretty soon Winkler and the rest of southern MB is going to be empty and hopefully refill with sane people.

Maybe they'll stop running non cis white people out of town.

Even in Fallout they don't get a good outcome.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Rutibex posted:

all goons move to winnipeg

Don Bluth noooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/GlobalBC/status/1428897932636565508?s=19

Boomers would rather work for free than see conditions push wages up for their grandchildren.