Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
One step closer to bodies being dumped in the everglades. I want Alligators chomping on chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Lovelyn posted:

They're in so deep that it's part of their identity and they definitely do feel a sense of camaraderie with each other over this.

It's kind of generally understood in C-SPAM, but I'm surprised it isn't talked about more directly that a huge part of right-wing ideology is identity politics. For some reason that phrase only gets dragged out when complaining about liberals.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Lovelyn posted:

She and her fiance are covid+ right now, a week before their destination wedding at Cabo

They'll definitely still travel

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Death By The Blues posted:

One step closer to bodies being dumped in the everglades. I want Alligators chomping on chuds.

the gator variant

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
man i was doing some reading on singapore and surrounding environs last night and how they're shifting their response to COVID and now I have my stupid tinfoil hat on

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Socialized posted:

I had stopped paying attention. I had gotten complacent. I haven’t been wearing a mask. I only got my first phizer jab last week.

Now there’s a guy in my warehouse walking around coughing. He told someone he tested positive on Thursday.
gently caress.

good times

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lovelyn posted:

She and her fiance are covid+ right now, a week before their destination wedding at Cabo

It's too late to cancel now, we'll lose our deposit!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Death By The Blues posted:

It will be mind boggling how many 40-70 year olds Americans Delta will just scythe through.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1430510845583405057

Ron_Paul_its_happening.gif

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

friend's rich lib WFH sister and husband had a very small, outdoor, socially distanced wedding at their home last summer. well last weekend they had a second, regular, full fledged 40+ people indoor wedding, and now they are in Arbua on their honeymoon. they most likely will not get covid, and then continue to be convinced that their fauchi ouchies made them invincible. lol. lmao. like i don't want them to get sick, i just don't want people to be so fuckin selfish and dumb. ah well!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

man i was doing some reading on singapore and surrounding environs last night and how they're shifting their response to COVID and now I have my stupid tinfoil hat on

It's cool how all the former English colonies all decided at the same exact time that covid is never going away and we have to 'deal with it' (go back to work and possibly die with no mitigating factors).

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

From my union: The medical community from around the globe and here in Canada are looking for how to move from an active pandemic to an endemic where citizens learn to live with the virus in our presence.

Lol. Lmfaoe

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Gunshow Poophole posted:

the pfizza
the j&jizza
inspectvermect
old dirty bastard
horse paste killah

just the flu tang clan

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's cool how all the former English colonies all decided at the same exact time that covid is never going away and we have to 'deal with it' (go back to work and possibly die with no mitigating factors).

Singapore only announced that 'covid is endemic now' after HK reupped on all the Chinese protections and business in HK started getting angry

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I give up. gently caress this society.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

i know so many goddamn people, some of whom are my own family, who have just stopped Doing Covid since they got vaccinated and not one of them has gotten (at least, symptomatic) covid. which gaslights me into thinking my wife and i are being too cautious. which i then know is dumb as poo poo and i snap out of it and am glad we have our pantry full of beans and we're staying home all the time. but it's wild how many people have opened er up devoid of consequence meanwhile numbers have never been worse

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

J. P. Beagley posted:

Hail merry
Full of paste

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

The cure is with thee
Blessed are you among covids
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, brushing
Holy poo poo, Mother of God
Pray for us winners
Now and shortly in our death
Amen

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

skewetoo posted:

From my union: The medical community from around the globe and here in Canada are looking for how to move from an active pandemic to an endemic where citizens learn to live with the virus in our presence.

Lol. Lmfaoe

new normal!!!!!!

Apr 7, 2003

The flu hospitalizes ~1.5% of the people who have it at most in any given year.

Covid-19 hospitalizes 7-10%

Normalizing covid as the new flu and just accepting that everyone's going to get it will make the medical system in this country collapse, full stop. lol

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

cr0y posted:

Cool then don't vent them

Biden open beds

on /r/nursing there's a LOT of people complaining about patients who refuse to be vented but won't agree to an DNR/no vent/no intubation because they want "everything" done for them.

the horse pasters totally think that the ventilators are some sort of conspiracy.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

yellowD posted:

They'll definitely still travel

yeah her parents from eastern europe already have their tickets!!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

my work has handled covid well. shut it down mid march 2020, full WFH. postponed re-opening from June 2020, to Sept 2020, to '2021', to June 2021, to Oct 2021. Been a while since we got an update. Today they send a VERY vague email out saying basically 'only critical staff are in our buildings globally, the vast majority will continue remote work until it is possible to safely allow more staff into the building following extensive floor plan renovations'. They're trying to not pull the trigger on saying 2022 like a bunch of other companies have, but we're definitely not going back this year. which rules really hard

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

i know so many goddamn people, some of whom are my own family, who have just stopped Doing Covid since they got vaccinated and not one of them has gotten (at least, symptomatic) covid. which gaslights me into thinking my wife and i are being too cautious. which i then know is dumb as poo poo and i snap out of it and am glad we have our pantry full of beans and we're staying home all the time. but it's wild how many people have opened er up devoid of consequence meanwhile numbers have never been worse

if it makes you feel better they won't learn or regret poo poo once they do get sick.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

Have any of the Applebee’s thought of converting their walk in’s to morgues for some extra money?

It’s not the Applebee’s you need, it’s the Jamba Juices. You need those blenders if you’re going to dust some people.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1430545284996734984

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

do FL next

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

lol, that’s the population of the town I grew up in.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i don't think Rona will go full endemic if only because it's too lethal, has too much impact to be ignored like the flu does before everyone who does stupid poo poo with it dies out. that said the next decade is gonna be wild

Apr 7, 2003

Agean90 posted:

i don't think Rona will go full endemic if only because it's too lethal, has too much impact to be ignored like the flu does before everyone who does stupid poo poo with it dies out. that said the next decade is gonna be wild

The majority of Americans are wary of covid-19, think mitigation efforts are a good idea, and are taking steps to protect themselves.

Turns out that our media serve as a mouthpiece for capital and are misrepresenting public opinion in service of capital, who'd have thunk it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

skewetoo posted:

Lol. Lmfaoe

solidarity covid forever

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Crazyweasel posted:

I know there have been some email blasts for school boards and such, but I’m on the hunt for some data on how fast outbreaks are happening at open schools summaries.

For an overall “think of the children” thread, Feigl-Ding has a good one starting with a 3yr old on oxygen.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1428692825789587464

O.K., now I'm in a bad mood.

Definitely crossed a line - my wife just cautioned me to "try not to read too much of that stuff".

If the kid does make it out of the hospital we'll steal her future through climate change.

gently caress.

gently caress.

gently caress.

AAAHHHHAAAAAHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

God I hate this.

/* terminating meltdown. Returning to regular shitposting.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

+12k in a day is a new record, brought to you by corruption and lack of accountability

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

turd in my singlet posted:

It's kind of generally understood in C-SPAM, but I'm surprised it isn't talked about more directly that a huge part of right-wing ideology is identity politics. For some reason that phrase only gets dragged out when complaining about liberals.

It's because liberals are also tribal as hell theyre just more boring about it. It's why half the kids in their reopened schools get the Rona and a dozen or so videos of them on ventilators get put out doesn't lead to the school board getting forcibly restructured by an angry mob

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Vermont update for 8/25

120 new cases (106 yesterday)
35 hospitalized (+1 from yesterday)
9 in ICU (-6 from yesterday)
one new death

3.2% positive 7-day average

big number posted in Bennington County (southwest of the state) today

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

incredible lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

J. P. Beagley posted:

Hail merry
Full of paste

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

12,000!!!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

We spent a generation being the lone superpower in the world and our leadership is not capable of dealing with a situation where there is even a reasonably competent power that is completely within our sphere of influence.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hexigrammus posted:

Definitely crossed a line - my wife just cautioned me to "try not to read too much of that stuff".

solidarity, brother. all of us in this thread are Michael Shannon in Take Shelter.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I prefer to think of it as covering up four 9/11’s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

SirPablo posted:

This apple paste is a real Trojan horse for knocking out covid.