Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

i think the delta surge is when the pacific northwest is going to finally find out. they got off pretty light in the last two surges. there's been a whooooooole lot of loving around up here since then
yeah everyone up here acting like covid is over, just wearing masks at the store yet still eating out and doing everything else, poo poo is gonna hit the fan soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WPDE) — It has been a scary month in the hospital for a woman who contracted COVID-19. She said the near-death experience has her rethinking some of the bad things she thought about the vaccine.

"I never imagined it would happen to me," Nicki Collins said. "I was in the hospital twice; very close to being ventilated."

Collins said she has a lot of fear after this brush with death.

The 48-year-old thought about her life before COVID-19 wreaked havoc and tried to put together the pieces of a life that has been shattered. "I'm relatively young, healthy and work out five to six times a week," Collins said. "I never imagined it would do this to my body."

However, Collins said she chose not to get vaccinated. She said she was treated with convalescent plasma and Remdesivir.

"I've always been anti-vaccine, I'm more of a natural health person. I have trusted my immune system. This has made me question that," she said. The FDA gave full approval to the Pfizer vaccine Monday, undergoing rigorous testing and review.

Collins said she is still considering if she wants to be vaccinated. "I need to do more research and figure out what that looks like. My husband did get vaccinated because of this," she said. There is a slow change of heart.

"I'm definitely hesitant but I'm leaning towards it," she said.

Collins wants no one else to experience the unimaginable. "Social distance, wear a mask, and do whatever it takes to avoid this," she said.

The CDC recommends vaccinations for those who are eligible.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Death By The Blues posted:

It will be mind boggling how many 40-70 year olds Americans Delta will just scythe through.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1430510845583405057
lmao and it will only get worse

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McNugget Buddy posted:

That was debunked after it was revealed the nicotine study was funded by Big Tobacco
even more reason for them to push it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Since people here are fairly knowledgable and that lady in the above story mentioned it whats the deal with budesonide and COVID?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

48 lmao

“young”

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If I didn't read this thread I would never have learned about Humira and the vaccine

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

i think the delta surge is when the pacific northwest is going to finally find out. they got off pretty light in the last two surges. there's been a whooooooole lot of loving around up here since then

impossible, we got vaxxed, we wore masks when it was asked of us, we followed all the rules. and you're telling us covid's gonna hit us anyways!?!?!?

need to speak with whoever wrote the rules for this game

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1430573807094353928?s=19

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Tzen posted:

brb gonna move to Wheeler

wheeler is appropriately desolate

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

source: covidactnow.org (very reputable site btw)

Watching the red slowly creep into my state and closer to my county is some horror movie poo poo.

People here are masking up and responsible, and vaxx rates are relatively high compared to other parts of the country, but they're also tired as gently caress and doing dumb poo poo like going to concerts and eating at restaurants and poo poo like that.

If Minneapolis is an example of a relatively good public response to Covid, then we're all hosed.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mod sassinator posted:

alaska looks really bad too and they are pretty hosed if hospitals are full. where will they fly people.. to canadian hospitals?

Seattle, I'd guess. But unless you live near Anchorage or maybe Fairbanks you are pretty hosed anyway since most of the villages have a paramedic at best and even the regional hubs just have a small hospital that might not even have a single ICU bed.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I quit my job today because I have to be at home to watch my kids full time and now my buddy is telling to me learn 2 code and I want 2 scream.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Getting saved from a burning building only to end up on a ventilator due to my CHUD fireman.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
joe biden wanted you to go out in public polling stations and vote for him in the primary as covid rampaged so he could weaselfuck you out of your stimmy and now hes begging you to end covid even though he got super indignant when you asked him about communicative inconsistencies in the public sphere between the CDC and the White House because america's loving back and you're ruining its return, why aren't you making its return awesome

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Oh good my county is ONLY bright red.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

do we have numbers on washington state's ICU capacity? there was an article 5 days ago saying hospitals were reaching capacity and there hasn't been a peep about it since

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

"wave 2 is just getting started" vibes here
yeah completely
lol fall & winter will be a nightmare

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I quit my job today because I have to be at home to watch my kids full time and now my buddy is telling to me learn 2 code and I want 2 scream.

what code are u going to learn

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

congrats on escaping your job

i haven't broken free of my job yet, but my therapist spoke with me for like 5 seconds before concluding it was time for 3 months of FMLA. got zero pushback lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fits my needs posted:

what code are u going to learn

Hammurabi

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/the-new-yorker-documentary/an-alabama-womans-neighborly-vaccination-campaign

if you have 16 minutes here’s a short doc about a woman in Alabama who got 96% of her town vaccinated just by talking to everyone and then arranging for a pop up to come

identical vibe to me of "child raises $30,000 for cancer treatment on GoFundMe; charity WIN" articles

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Catching up on the thread:

PDP-1 posted:

Anyone know if placebo shots make your arm hurt? My friends got their kids into one of the vaccine trials and are trying to figure out if they can tell if they get the real shot or are in the control group.

Here's the FDA's fact sheet on the adverse reactions during the Pfizer trials when they applied for EUA status, including reactions from the placebo group : https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download

Mild and moderate reactions for pretty much all types of adverse reaction were common in the placebo group, and in some cases (mild/moderate diarrhea, moderate/severe vomiting) were even more common.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Learn 2 Code: A Children's Story of COVID-19

Jimmy stayed indoors and read his books. Jimmy learned to code and got a job that paid all the fun bucks!

Johnny went out to party and had a good time. Johnny coded in the hallway of the ER and got sent home in a wooden box.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lastgirl posted:

i think charisma is a natural modifier for covid resistance since you might get better access to care due to networking ability to create opportunities early i.e. pay to play

too many variables in the IRL system though so this only works in certain conditions

ahhhhh!!!! welcome back!!!!!!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Shitpostradomus posted:

last time, on a very special episode of "The COV-Office."
- boss' bff od's on IVM; goes into brief Totally Cool Totally Normal coma
- "hey could you... check on the horses? /wink/"
- still shot of the main hallway and you just hear various people coughing
- coworker brings in toddler; shot of kid running around office; shot of toddler suddenly very ill
- boss, pointing at what looks like COVID-toe on his hand, "do you think something toxic in the ground at the baseball park caused this during his game last weekend?"

/theme song and pre-roll; produced by dick wolf/

answered a question i already knew today: if someone in this office had COVID, would we be informed of that? the answer is "No." i know this because the coworker that brought her toddler in has COVID and so does her toddler. i only know this because the boss' partner and HR were talking and, in between Black Angels songs, i heard their name and "sick" (she's been out four days; we don't offer PTO; that's kind of a big deal to miss without pay).

"they're the only person i know who didn't get the shot and got COVID."

here are other words that were said from human mouths and were, in no way, intended as parody:

- fda is owned by the nwo
- 'i believe in ivm not this vaccine stuff'
- 'it's the government making everyone scared'
- 'i say this /mame/ the other day'
- you know it's the only vax that goes into your bloodstream. vaxes aren't supposed to do that and if you shine a light where they injected you: you can see where the injection has gone through the vein and into the bloodstream.
- it modifies your RNA and that's not natural or something i'm ok with.
- if you look at history the way they control is talking you into things then the next time it's not a soft request. then it's harder. to the point where we are not deciding what we do.
- they came out with a navy article the other day with a navy officer who wouldn't let people on the ship make port calls unless they got the shot. can you imagine how lovely that is for everyone on that ship?
- 'and they think we're all too stupid to realize this,' from the woman who said she was thankful her chiropractor called her a little before the national emergency test and told her to turn off her phone because that was the way the president was going to ping everyone to see if it worked.

hoo wee. that's a lot--

as i typed this out, the front door opened and the co-worker who was out with COVID as of Monday walked through the front door. i'm not even making GBS threads you. first words: it's ok, i don't have a fever.

/shot of me, quietly closing my door. sitting back in my chair. making the face GWB made a few pages into that book on 9/11. while "New Sniper" by The Black Angels plays/

/cut to black/

next time, on a very special "The COV-Office"
- /funeral/

jesus actual loving christ.
lmao jesus christtttttttt

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

My county first to bury the needle in the red in VA! #1 baby!

And I stupidly thought it was a relatively safe place in the U.S. since we have a "decent by america standard" (:lol:) 51% vax rate and it's not densely populated...

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

CT is slowly getting surrounded

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/aug/25/washington-county-sheriff-confirms-use-of/

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

euphronius posted:

48 lmao

“young”

to be fair in healthcare "relatively young" is exactly what we would say too

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Hmm weird. South Dakota is real sick. This can't be right.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

U-DO Burger posted:

congrats on escaping your job

i haven't broken free of my job yet, but my therapist spoke with me for like 5 seconds before concluding it was time for 3 months of FMLA. got zero pushback lol

They just suggested and approved 3 months of FMLA, just like that? I feel like I’m about to snap but my doctor just keeps telling me to “hang in there.”

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
did some napkin math.
the coworker was here with their kid on the 18th (Wednesday). out 19 and 20 with a sick kid. presumably symptoms appeared around there. back today, says no fever still has cough/sneeze, but no PTO is a solid motivating factor to be cured asap.

well. i guess we're going to see real soon what the outcome is since i'm the only person that took the slut juice in this office of ~12 people.

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZL90C7s8w

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

U-DO Burger posted:

none of this is particularly shocking to me, but fuuuuuuuuuck this so much
i crack pinged several times during that stupid 40 minute virtual townhall
color me loving surprised when 2 weeks from now i'm posting about my kids school being closed and on quarantine due to positive cases

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Shitpostradomus posted:

did some napkin math.
the coworker was here with their kid on the 18th (Wednesday). out 19 and 20 with a sick kid. presumably symptoms appeared around there. back today, says no fever still has cough/sneeze, but no PTO is a solid motivating factor to be cured asap.

well. i guess we're going to see real soon what the outcome is since i'm the only person that took the slut juice in this office of ~12 people.

???

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

I know the answer is "because they're dumb, no further elaboration required" but I really don't get why the Q/antivax crowd fixated on an anti-parasitic medication for anti-viral purposes and how most people can''t look at that discrepancy at the face of it and say "obviously this won't work"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

they all did their research.