Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

being gay? in this economy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Plinkey posted:

I prefer to call myself a c# reflection mystic

"C#" is so incredibly corporate

Then again Granville Sharp, part of a weird 18th century English family and noted (and important) anti-slavery activist, used to sign his letters "G#". (He was a musician, as was his family, and they used to do chamber music concerts on a boat on the Thames sometimes. You can read about him in Simon Schama's excellent book Rough Crossings.)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
pennsylvania still has industrial power okay

throwing d cell batteries at out of town football fans is such power exercised industrially

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

alnilam posted:

everywhere has some, usually a few power and maybe 2 or 3 data lines, but PA has like, a lot more, just cross crossin around. More than in other dense cities in the same region. Just look at that photo of a random gas station in ligonier!

Most of that is phone and cable, only the top three runs are actually power

used to climb utility poles for a living.

gregday
May 23, 2003

lol at that completely performative tumble and roll

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

not sure what point you are trying to make here but those lines are organized and there are like 5 lines on that pole which is how most places have them

compare to the pictures of pennsylvania in this thread

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

gregday posted:

He should sign up for the department's soccer team

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the milk machine posted:

this would be funny with the GTA "WASTED" effect

SCOOTER BROTHERS

Apr 7, 2003

WarMECH posted:

not sure what point you are trying to make here but those lines are organized and there are like 5 lines on that pole which is how most places have them

compare to the pictures of pennsylvania in this thread

That's almost all telecom stuff in the picture I posted, the local power company owns the poles and rents space out on them to whoever wants to run whatever. They're revenue producers.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trimbo

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

lol how does a tank crash it’s a loving tank

You should check out the World Of Tanks thread in Games. It's stock full of tank crashes.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
a pig falling off his scooter

this is the kind of lawlessness we will come to expect as Cuomo is deposed for a woman governor

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Must be a Midwest thing.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

“has a chin”

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gregday posted:

It's like watching soccer players do those swan dives after getting bumped on the field.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard
I do feel sorry for that dude on the bike. just minding his own business, probably having a good day, just left a family function or a girl's place, popping wheelies of happiness, and now he's going to jail indefinitely because some fat gently caress cop ran through a crosswalk and is the one at fault

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

if I look outside my window rn I see six lines in front of my house. dunno did they are all power though since they are all different sizes and Im not an electrician

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

this is what happens when you ban guns from manhattan and defund the police so there's no more traffic cops. just absolute mayhem. thanks libs

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Buddykins posted:

I do feel sorry for that dude on the bike. just minding his own business, probably having a good day, just left a family function or a girl's place, popping wheelies of happiness, and now he's going to jail indefinitely because some fat gently caress cop ran through a crosswalk and is the one at fault

my favorite part is where the cop just lays there like a turtle on its back

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
FAYETTEVILLE -- Washington County Sheriff Tim Helder on Tuesday confirmed that the medical provider for the Detention Center has been prescribing ivermectin to detainees to treat them for the covid-19 virus.

The question was raised at a meeting of the Quorum Court's Finance & Budget Committee during a discussion of the proposed 2022 budget for the Detention Center.

Eva Madison, justice of the peace for District 9, said she had been told by a county employee that Karas Correctional Health had been prescribing ivermectin for them. Madison said the federal Food and Drug Administration has warned against using ivermectin to treat covid-19 and said the county should review the situation before approving a budget that includes money for Karas.

"I think we need to reevaluate who we are using to provide medical care if they are disregarding FDA guidelines and giving de-wormer to detainees at our county jail," Madison said. "It's very disturbing to me that that's the level of care we're providing."

The Sheriff's Office proposed 2022 budget shows Karas is asking for a 10% increase in its medical services contract.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Buddykins posted:

Went through the crosswalk while going opposite of the traffic. Dude did nothing wrong. But yea, he's probably hosed.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

WarMECH posted:

my favorite part is where the cop just lays there like a turtle on its back

ah, finally a good answer as to why I am not helping the turtle

Apr 7, 2003

Jon Irenicus posted:

if I look outside my window rn I see six lines in front of my house. dunno did they are all power though since they are all different sizes and Im not an electrician

Generally it's phone, cable, streetlight power, residential power in that order bottom to top.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

You sickos think it's funny that the cop fell off his scooter?

Let me get this straight, you monsters watched a heroic cop get hit by a bike, probably crap himself and then tuck and roll likely smearing the craps all over himself and you think that's just hilarious don't you?

You freaks sicken me

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
from the schadenfreude thread (needs sound)
https://i.imgur.com/DOb7SL5.mp4

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

haha got em, fuckin GOT EM

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/kikutowne/status/1430580336740601858

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Hatebag posted:

Lots of lines in baltimore are underground so it couldn't cost that much

it depends on a lot of factors. some developments are designed that way from inception but if you want to take a neighborhood with above ground power lines and bury them under ground it will cost you.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

from the schadenfreude thread (needs sound)
https://i.imgur.com/DOb7SL5.mp4

I dont know the context of this, but it always feels good to see cops slinking away like the pathetic pieces of poo poo they really are

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/thatlittledemon/status/1430416189709242371?s=21

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

There are 3 Polinkeys? Jesus Christ

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Buddykins posted:

I dont know the context of this, but it always feels good to see cops slinking away like the pathetic pieces of poo poo they really are

they pulled someone over for a broken taillight on sovereign native territory, got told to get the gently caress out cause they shouldnt be there and have no authority there anyways

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I just had to shell out $4.50 for a water at the airport

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

I just had to shell out $4.50 for a water at the airport

the bathroom sink is free fyi

Apr 7, 2003