Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

euphronius posted:

are vaccinated people as contagious as non with delta?

I believe so. It's honestly hard to say anything besides how many vaccinated people get hospitalized or die because the CDC has chosen, deliberately, not to track that information.
As I said before of Abbott and DeSantis but it applies to Wallensky and the CDC too given what we now know; it is a failure of the American government that they are not in cells awaiting trial for crimes against humanity, and it is a failure of the American people that they have not been dragged screaming from their homes and made to answer for their crimes by mob justice.

Biden is doing literally nothing while Rome burns, and the CDC is going a step further and actively denying people access to information that could save lives and inform safe behavior and policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
drat son

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/fguzmanon7/status/1430580030690762763
toot fuckin toot

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

Yeah and there's also Delta-8 stuff, but man, why not just let me enjoy things?

I feel like I have done this whole speech in multiple threads but, please stay away from that stuff, it should be perfectly safe if made in a lab but idiots are making it in bathtubs and making people sick.

https://trojanhorsecannabis.com/

This is the only one I know has a website off the top of my head but, there are others, can't speak to quality since edibles don't quite work right on me.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Somebody posted a chart the other day showing that they probably are a little less contagious. But still very contagious so the difference is academic.

ty

was just in a conversation at work about it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
its about the ethics of public safety

https://twitter.com/fguzmanon7/status/1430560191561576450

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Hollismason posted:

I been successful in dodging it so far. I will probably go out for dinner this weekend. I just gotta see people for my mental health. I can't stay locked in my mental health just really deteriorates when I don't see people. Its really tough on me.

Then go to the park or something the options aren't limited to brunch or being alone in your basement.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

never mind the THc thing was true

rip

no need to ever read beyond headlines imo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Oppositional defiance order is going to kill us all

BUT YOU DIDN'T ASK NICELYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, MY FEE-FEES!!!!!!!!!
/chokes to death, infects everyone else

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
it will not come as a surprise that the president of the chicago cop union is a huge baby

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

In a shocking twist it looks like that drop in COVID cases in Washington state appears to have just been a delay in reporting. I'm just too shocked.

the DOH has been really falling behind. they had national guard people helping with data entry in the fall surge. but now they are gone and short staffed and stopped reporting or doing anything on weekends lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

If his daughter is massless she probably shouldn't be outside where she might float away, TBH.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

are vaccinated people as contagious as non with delta?

it seems like vaccinated people are less contagious because they're not as sick and don't have as much viral load. a severe breakthrough is going to be more contagious than an asymptomatic unvax, though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we know what the effects of not being vaccinated are oil

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I don't give a poo poo if it hardens their desire not to get vaccinated. gently caress them. Let them suffer the consequences instead of forcing society to suffer the consequences.

spatula
Nov 6, 2004

Lacrosse posted:

This is the current Burning Man discussion

500 theme camps and not a single toilet, what can go wrong?

💩

omg they’re not even doing burning man this year so these are just people going out into the desert anyway against the wishes of the burning man organization

why don’t they pay for portopotty service. jesus christ

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Thoguh posted:

Then go to the park or something the options aren't limited to brunch or being alone in your basement.

Speaking of this. I need to do something for my birthday in October. I need to see my friends. I haven't since this all began.
I assume an outdoor meeting of under a dozen people just to hang out in a park or yard with a projector, generator, and some video games and movies is reasonably safe? If not, welp, another zoom birthday it is.

EDIT: Presumably unmasked since food, but to clarify, all of us are vaccinated and I'd probably demand they all get tested within 3 days of the party.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

it seems like vaccinated people are less contagious because they're not as sick and don't have as much viral load. a severe breakthrough is going to be more contagious than an asymptomatic unvax, though.

yeah there is a guy in my office who is vacced but walks around with no mask

I’m going to ask to come in on different days

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

only tested 1:1 smdh

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

I've never seen someone so apparently uninjured and yet who still so obviously lost

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Joementum posted:

it will not come as a surprise that the president of the chicago cop union is a huge baby

Oh no, what will we possibly do if four or five thousand cops just quit and are no longer on the streets or being paid. Oh no sir, anything but that. Please don't do that.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

floffytoffy posted:

Respirator crew I've got a question for you!

My dad is a foreign-language teacher who might need to go back to in-person soon. I bought him an envo mask, but he says when he tries to give a practice lecture it unseals because of how much his mouth/face moves around trying to teach proper pronunciation of the different sounds. He's not sold on the half-face respirator because pronunciation and enunciation are so important to his teaching, and even with a speech diaphragm it might be too muffled. Any thoughts on how to keep the seal on an envo in a situation like this? Or should he stick with N95 equivalents? I'll have him bring a corsi cube or similar air filter too.

diy a hole to run a microphone through and seal it all off

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

please support the workers

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
local hospital has now started putting up daily infographics (although they missed yesterday)

we had a 14 month old baby die a few days ago and now have another person under 17 in critical condition woooo.

24 new covid admissions yesterday. mid july they had 20ish cases total.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it would be nice if this killed chud unions

I mean literally killed them

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

only tested 1:1 smdh

there are so few strains that even approach 1:1, almost everything has far higher thc content

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Lacrosse posted:

I had a black coworker say 'I wish I could take my kids to Silverwood' and like an idiot I ask 'Why not? Is the drive too far?' and he replies 'No, there's just a whole lot of KKK there'

Correct.

Northern Idaho is "Look, we allowed you to have a pride parade, and convinced the KKK to not hold their parade on the same week. What more do you want from us?"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Thoguh posted:

Oh no, what will we possibly do if four or five thousand cops just quit and are no longer on the streets or being paid. Oh no sir, anything but that. Please don't do that.

the last couple of paragraphs are also pretty :stare: when you remember that the chicago pd had (let's be honest: has) literal torture black sites

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

yeah there is a guy in my office who is vacced but walks around with no mask

I’m going to ask to come in on different days

its loving ridiculous on campus. all the profs are masked and want students to mask up, but everyone is afraid of the republicans in charge to mandate it. so a huge chunk of the student body is completely unmasked and unvaccinated.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

it would be nice if this killed chud unions

I mean literally killed them

since the start of the pandemic covid is the #1 killer of police by far beating out most other categories combined.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

If you make me do the thing I already didn't willingly do I'm still not gonna do it but now I might get fired for it! TAKE THAT!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the last two times the covid thread was moving at the speed of a chat thread was November 2020 leading up to the January death wave and March-April 2020 leading up to the Sturgis death wave

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m
not some big brain union lawyer but they should probably agree to take the vaccines in exchange for some other bargain-able issue

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
So I've never posted in this thread but I've doomscrolling it for a while and wanted to share something the thread made realize. First off im a PE teacher in Louisiana at a Prek - 2 school. We have our mask mandate and I basically have to be mask police as it seems like very few homeroom teachers do what they are supposed to.

Anyway we are now in week three of school and more and more kids are now getting mask exemptions. Now I get all the medical stuff to watch out for allergies and asthma and what not. None of these kids have any conditions we have been told about. Now maybe I've just crack pinged but I had a kid yesterday with a mask exemption come to class wearing sunglasses. His teacher said he was really sensitive to light the last couple days. And it dawned on me from reading this thread that there is a very good chance he's getting ivermectin at home.

So if I was at school today I would be finding out who the kid was. And then decide if I'm going to report it to CPS. Am I grasping at straws wanting to see something that's not there? Note that this is a Parish where the parents got the school board to send a letting to the state board about making masks optional.

Oh also I'm not at school because I got my 3rd Moderna and I feel god awful right now.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

i'm going to get Moderna boosted on Friday. can't wait to be swimming in antibodies again

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thoguh posted:

I like how most US states still have no law against cops having sex with people in their custody.

euphronius posted:

I’m
not some big brain union lawyer but they should probably agree to take the vaccines in exchange for some other bargain-able issue

I know hourly union workers at Disney agreed to roll out a vaccine mandate in return for things like paid time off for the shot/recovery and other incentives.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
Boss just came into my office coughing and asked if I wanted some of the spare IVR he got for himself but did it like a dude slinging Molly in the bathroom at a BassNectar show.

I graciously declined and suggested we put it in a candy dish up front. He said that's a really good idea. I've got to stop saying sarcarm with a flat affect.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

inferis posted:

there are so few strains that even approach 1:1, almost everything has far higher thc content

but i can buy 10:1 and 20:1 edibles at my local weed store

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Joementum posted:

As opposed to the very well understood health risks 10 years down the road of dying in a week.

gently caress em, I'm sure they are the ones rooting for "he who does not work does not eat" and "You can't hand out welfare because it makes people lazy". Let the giant woodchopper that is American capitalism point their way for a split second and see how fast they blink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Speaking of this. I need to do something for my birthday in October. I need to see my friends. I haven't since this all began.
I assume an outdoor meeting of under a dozen people just to hang out in a park or yard with a projector, generator, and some video games and movies is reasonably safe? If not, welp, another zoom birthday it is.

EDIT: Presumably unmasked since food, but to clarify, all of us are vaccinated and I'd probably demand they all get tested within 3 days of the party.

probably a bad idea. i'm assuming your friends are good libs who got vaccinated in march, in which case they are 7-8 months past vaccine and efficacy is greatly reduced (like below 40% in some studies). you have like a 3 month window after a jab (booster or whatnot) to get some light loving and sucking in and that's about it. you're describing something similar to an outdoor wedding reception and this thread is full of anecdotes of breakthrough cases and spread at them.

outdoors and everyone vaxxed and masked is probably a little safer, but really... outdoors in october pretty much sucks everywhere except like hawaii