Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

mod sassinator posted:

hahahaha holy poo poo is the biden admin moving to 6 months boosters?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-...od=breakingnews

god drat the data must be looking real bad with breakthroughs past 6 months.

if i got a shot before ~may i would absolutely be doing everything possible to get a booster _right now_

loving open it up you dumb bitch. How you gonna open everything except boosters, what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
or i wonder if this is a war between CDC and FDA now

CDC whiffs the ball and comes out and says "yeah we think boosters after 8 months are good, that makes us look competent still"

FDA looks at the data and says "lol no we need them 6 months, they are already late"

LMAO the entire administration is so clown show incompetent and trying to cover their asses

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

mod sassinator posted:

or i wonder if this is a war between CDC and FDA now

CDC whiffs the ball and comes out and says "yeah we think boosters after 8 months are good, that makes us look competent still"

FDA looks at the data and says "lol no we need them 6 months, they are already late"

LMAO the entire administration is so clown show incompetent and trying to cover their asses

so many people are going to use this disagreement as proof we don't need boosters at all

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

The CDC literally can't get one thing right

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Covid thread right again, shocking.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Joementum posted:

if you're lucky you didn't consume enough of the poison to hurt yourself and it'll regrow

if you're stupid you keep doing it and you'll end up making GBS threads yourself constantly, possibly sepsis and/or liver failure

God, and with no hospital space available and triage, there will be a lot of untallied COVID related deaths.

I legit wonder how many will die before this pandemic is over. I am convinced American might lose 1-2 million alone at this point. My pessimistic brain even thinks more. But I am also thinking it won't be over 2025. And that's just America.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Covok posted:

God, and with no hospital space available and triage, there will be a lot of untallied COVID related deaths.

I legit wonder how many will die before this pandemic is over. I am convinced American might lose 1-2 million alone at this point. My pessimistic brain even thinks more. But I am also thinking it won't be over 2025. And that's just America.

Bro we're almost at a million already

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

https://twitter.com/KXAN_News/status/1430580753725853704

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Walgreen's website just let me sign up for my "2nd shot" after only inputting the date for my first shot, so that's neat

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fireside Nut posted:

i got my moderna booster over the weekend. i scheduled online with CVS and checked the immunocompromised checkbox. i actually have something that could maybe, kind of qualify, (but probably not?) so I brought some paperwork on it but was never asked about anything. they just gave me the booster with no questions asked. from what i've read here people seem to have better luck scheduling beforehand online rather than walking in. good luck!

duly noted hoping to schedule during the labor day week which would be 4 1/2 months past shot 2

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Google Butt posted:

Bro we're almost at a million already

3 million people is 1% of the American population. God, it might hit or exceed that figure. That's some grim poo poo.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Covok posted:

IHME excess death forecast has us at a bit over 1.1 million right now: https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

after a rocky start they have been pretty trustworthy and correct with that death model. it predicted 250k dead in the fall surge and nailed it.

we'll probably come out of this pandemic after 5 total years or so and see 3-5 million dead total. that's just a rough 1.5% CFR times the entire 330M population of the country and so far we're tracking almost precisely to that even with vaccines and such

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Google Butt posted:

The CDC literally can't get one thing right

in the walking dead, the CDC blew itself up instead of finding the zombie cure so this tracks

im sure they'll just give up and blow themselves up in this scenario too, what i see on tv makes things true in this culture

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

blessed to see it again!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I am seeing on the news that NOAA has put out recommendations for all eligible Americans to get at least one shot of the other vaccine in the opposite arm.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Covok posted:

3 million people is 1% of the American population. God, it might hit or exceed that figure. That's some grim poo poo.

well, at least we finally did something about The 1%. :berned:

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

I’m sure that toddler appreciates how our troops feel when they defend our freedom

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

External Organs posted:

I am seeing on the news that NOAA has put out recommendations for all eligible Americans to get at least one shot of the other vaccine in the opposite arm.

if we all put the nanobots on the same side it will change our magnetic field and all hell will break out over the atlantic

Covok
May 27, 2013

mod sassinator posted:

IHME excess death forecast has us at a bit over 1.1 million right now: https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

after a rocky start they have been pretty trustworthy and correct with that death model. it predicted 250k dead in the fall surge and nailed it.

we'll probably come out of this pandemic after 5 total years or so and see 3-5 million dead total. that's just a rough 1.5% CFR times the entire 330M population of the country and so far we're tracking almost precisely to that even with vaccines and such

drat, that's some grim poo poo. 5 million dead? That unfathomable. What's worse is that the Spanish Flu only killed 675k Americans. 50 million worldwide but just 675k Americans.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Rauros posted:

blessed to see it again!

I fuckin hate strawberry kiwi flavor

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Covok posted:

drat, that's some grim poo poo. 5 million dead? That unfathomable. What's worse is that the Spanish Flu only killed 675k Americans. 50 million worldwide but just 675k Americans.

Yeah but 98.5% lived! You think of that, bucko?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Why does NOAA have an opinion

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

its loving ridiculous on campus. all the profs are masked and want students to mask up, but everyone is afraid of the republicans in charge to mandate it. so a huge chunk of the student body is completely unmasked and unvaccinated.

Republicans don't need to win elections anymore, they just get their way through credible threats of violence. cool.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I fuckin hate strawberry kiwi flavor

they got apple flavored paste too, just ask the clerk

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Covok posted:

yeah the bungled response to covid is gonna be a massive human atrocity lol. I wonder if there's gonna be debate in future history books whether this was "technically" a genocide or not

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Republicans don't need to win elections anymore, they just get their way through credible threats of violence. cool.

could we really expect anything else after the entire liberal wing ceded physical strength as "only for meatheads"

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
if we can get through this without ever catching covid our sperm will be worth millions boys

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i really want to troll the ivermectin hangouts by posting pictures of puppies and kittens with "lookie at my new pupper, Iver" or "i got a good feeling about my new cat, named it Ivermectin". convince them it's the cool thing to do

Covok
May 27, 2013

Casey Finnigan posted:

yeah the bungled response to covid is gonna be a massive human atrocity lol. I wonder if there's gonna be debate in future history books whether this was "technically" a genocide or not

Enforcing IP restrictions on the vaccine should put the entire Trump and Biden administration up for trial in the Geneva convention for crimes against humanity. I can't imagine how much better things would be if the Vaccine didn't have IP protections in place.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I've legit been afraid to visit some of the places I usually like to go camping/hiking due to the threat of violence by chuds. I wonder how long I have to wait until that's, uh, no longer a thing I need to worry about.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Covok posted:

yeah i really cannot recommend strongly enough not drinking poison

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
we're witnessing a mass schizo induced event socially and biden thought he could bluff em out with his "my way or the highway jack, it's unity time" shtick one last time without exceeding the threshold of the vyvanse that bell curves him right back into a blithering enfeebled pathological liar who enshrouds himself in death, personal, or mass for political gain to solidify some mythical legacy of raygun gothic revival and good natured flintstones bantering

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ice Phisherman posted:

I expected exactly this thing. Historically, humans don't deal well with disease. Some assholes just ruin poo poo for everyone else.

If we were rational as a species, we could destroy covid in 40 days with lockdowns. However if we were rational, we would be eradicating diseases left and right. No more STD's, no more polio, no more measles, mumps or rubella. Gone from the earth. Poof. Go a little father and if we were rational there would be no war or famine. We wouldn't destroy our environment or have threatened the world multiple times with nuclear annihilation.

We're not rational. And as a group we're frequently pretty dumb and irrational. A lot of people, in fact most of them, don't know how to assess risk.

That’s part of it, but an equally large part imo is that self-best-interest and group-best-interest often do not indicate the same behavior. Many of these assholes are acting rationally, but selfishly.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Rauros posted:

blessed to see it again!

impossible!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Rauros posted:

blessed to see it again!

Idk +60% is still a lot of %

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lacrosse posted:

I've legit been afraid to visit some of the places I usually like to go camping/hiking due to the threat of violence by chuds. I wonder how long I have to wait until that's, uh, no longer a thing I need to worry about.

I went cycling in the hinterlands on Saturday and saw a few people wearing "America First" t-shirts lol

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ruggan posted:

That’s part of it, but an equally large part imo is that self-best-interest and group-best-interest often do not indicate the same behavior. Many of these assholes are acting rationally, but selfishly.

Rationally injecting horse paste up my rear end in a top hat.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

mod sassinator posted:

i really want to troll the ivermectin hangouts by posting pictures of puppies and kittens with "lookie at my new pupper, Iver" or "i got a good feeling about my new cat, named it Ivermectin". convince them it's the cool thing to do

Tell them that poison oak counters covid infections better than horse paste, you can actually see the yellow virus leave your body its incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Credible? lmao