Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

https://twitter.com/GlobalBC/status/1428897932636565508?s=19

Boomers would rather work for free than see conditions push wages up for their grandchildren.

let them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.
didn't someone mention earlier that line cooks had some of the highest rates for covid positivity... :yeshaha:

:bgc:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Why didn't Trudeau do any of these plans in the last 6 years that he had power. Why did the liberals vote down a proposal to do this two months ago

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Why didn't Trudeau do any of these plans in the last 6 years that he had power. Why did the liberals vote down a proposal to do this two months ago

because they're libs and lie, why the gently caress do you think

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I had to double check and make sure that wasn't a Trudeau parody account, this is the sort of nonsense you would put in an SNL skit about how liberals propose complicated tax credits as a solution to an alien invasion.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i for one however am glad that the liberals ended first-past-the-post elections as was promised when they were first elected

The Littlest Hobo
Dec 26, 2004

I just hope the Maverick party splits enough for some close races in Alberta. Maybe NDP can sneak a riding.

Edmonton-Manning doesn't have a liberal candidate to split the vote so maybe NDP can sneak in there.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
https://twitter.com/kinsellawarren/status/1430541154685161473?s=19

lol

lmao

I love how dead and stupid North American politics are that objectively good diplomacy like this is gonna get drowned out into white noise and reactionary anger

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
big case counts coming in manitoba today alledgedly

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

https://twitter.com/GlobalBC/status/1428897932636565508?s=19

Boomers would rather work for free than see conditions push wages up for their grandchildren.

Lolol "I could spend my time volunteering for something useful, like planting trees or picking up trash, instead I'll give a business that doesn't wanna pay decently my free labour"

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Got word from my union that Canadian capital has decided covid is now endemic. It's over. Covid won.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Lolol "I could spend my time volunteering for something useful, like planting trees or picking up trash, instead I'll give a business that doesn't wanna pay decently my free labour"

Lol they're too on-the-nose villainous caricatures

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

skewetoo posted:

Got word from my union that Canadian capital has decided covid is now endemic. It's over. Covid won.

if you don't mind me asking, which union? I don't want to know the local but i'm curious which industry said this

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

DariusLikewise posted:

big case counts coming in manitoba today alledgedly

Brian "Nostradoofus" pallister

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

skewetoo posted:

I wish they would be forced to say "we give up doing anything" instead of endemic.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

https://twitter.com/kinsellawarren/status/1430541154685161473?s=19

lol

lmao

I love how dead and stupid North American politics are that objectively good diplomacy like this is gonna get drowned out into white noise and reactionary anger

a friend of mine who has gone down the chud rabbithole was reposting this on his insta lol "liberals want terrorist vote!!!"

he's a loving lunkhead jersey shore wannabe who now thinks hes a big punk rocker spewing this poo poo - also anti-vaxx

ill be happy to never visit his family ever again - feel for his wife though, knew her before she met him and shes the total opposite.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Brian "Nostradoofus" pallister

i fully believe that they had surging case counts in southern health last week and sat on those numbers until they could get some new restrictions announced so they could look proactive for once

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

i fully believe that they had surging case counts in southern health last week and sat on those numbers until they could get some new restrictions announced so they could look proactive for once

Oh yeah I wouldn't bet against you on that. Now when do they clamp down with these new old indoor restrictions? Saturday? Next week?

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

105 cases in mb today (yesterday was 40)

https://twitter.com/bkives/status/1430582850164756484?s=19

Hahahaha oh Manitoba.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i for one however am glad that the liberals ended first-past-the-post elections as was promised when they were first elected

:hmmyes:

What was their excuse for not doing it again? gently caress liberals

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

105 cases in mb today (yesterday was 40)

https://twitter.com/bkives/status/1430582850164756484?s=19

Hahahaha oh Manitoba.

lmao

gently caress southern health - loving dumb shits

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

blatman posted:

if you don't mind me asking, which union? I don't want to know the local but i'm curious which industry said this

CUPE
I have friends in steelworkers who say the same thing fwiw

skewetoo has issued a correction as of 18:58 on Aug 25, 2021

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Lmbo enjoy Thanksgiving alone again and having to babysit your remote learning kids, fuckfaces. Hope you enjoyed your three week break from masks.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IĂŤÂ̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓gĂŤÂ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

EvilJoven posted:

Hope you enjoyed your three week break from masks.

I did thanks

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

DariusLikewise posted:

Agreed - I think they're also trying to appear "reasonable" to help the federal Con vote for next month.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I took the hard the get weeks in December off again this year and I'm gonna get shafted on em twice in a fuckin row.

skewetoo posted:

CUPE
I have friends in steelworkers who say the same thing fwiw

Can't give full confirmation, but it's rumoring among the Teamsters rn too.

StealthArcher has issued a correction as of 19:19 on Aug 25, 2021

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
lol

A bitcoin mining power plant secretly set up shop in Alberta. Now it's being forced to shut down

quote:

When residents of an affluent estate community in Alberta started hearing noise from a nearby power plant, they didn't expect their complaints of sleepless nights would lead to a months-long investigation that would find a bitcoin mining operation had set up shop without approval.

Now, Link Global, the company behind the site, is being ordered by the province's utility commission to shut down two plants until it can prove it's allowed to operate — a move the company says will cost jobs and cause the oil and gas infrastructure in which it operates to sit dormant.

This article has everything: rich people whining, buttcoin miners moving in without permits, CEO's claiming that jobs, oil and gas are threatened. Someone just ring the loving gong.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

EvilJoven posted:

Lmbo enjoy Thanksgiving alone again and having to babysit your remote learning kids, fuckfaces. Hope you enjoyed your three week break from masks.

hope you enjoyed not being able to do anything while cases were lowish, and may you continue to live in your basement forever.

I don't like that everyone gave up and are going to let covid be endemic, but i'm not going to pretend that I'm going to singlehandedly accomplish covid zero when every level of government is actively working against that.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

enki42 posted:

hope you enjoyed not being able to do anything while cases were lowish, and may you continue to live in your basement forever.

I don't like that everyone gave up and are going to let covid be endemic, but i'm not going to pretend that I'm going to singlehandedly accomplish covid zero when every level of government is actively working against that.

Rich prick here has a basement

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

This article has everything: rich people whining, buttcoin miners moving in without permits, CEO's claiming that jobs, oil and gas are threatened. Someone just ring the loving gong.

quote:

Vancouver-based Link Global had set up four 1.25 MW gas generators at the site, pulling power from a dormant natural gas well owned by Calgary-based company MAGA Energy.

they really did bring in all the greats!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Of course there's an oil and gas company called Make Alberta Great Again

Jesus Christ

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Colonel Cancer posted:

:hmmyes:

What was their excuse for not doing it again? gently caress liberals

they wanted a very specific type of proportional vote that would pretty much always favour the liberals. they decided they couldn't just force that through without the other parties crying foul, so the ginned up the most useless survey ever created to ask the voters. in the end they didn't get the answer they wanted so maryam mosef got up in front of the press and called us all idiots and they abandoned the promise.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

infernal machines posted:

they wanted a very specific type of proportional vote that would pretty much always favour the liberals. they decided they couldn't just force that through without the other parties crying foul, so the ginned up the most useless survey ever created to ask the voters. in the end they didn't get the answer they wanted so maryam mosef got up in front of the press and called us all idiots and they abandoned the promise.

i'm still mad about this

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you're not allowed visual props in the floor of the house of commons but she got away with it be ause the equation was printed on the back of some piece of paper she was reading from

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

So last night my spouse wanted to go out for dinner. I told her I didn't like the case counts going up in our city (haven't ever been this bad in The Hat) and we should stop going out, even though we're vaccinated. She got so mad at me.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

it single-handedly ensured that the liberals never get my vote for anything until they actually get rid of first-past-the-post. i don't care if it's for strategic voting reasons or they've personally promised me ten million dollars; it's non-negotiable

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

i'm still mad about this

yeah, me too

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

if I remember correctly, the survey, which was basically a personality quiz, gave me the result of a “conscientious decider” or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

CLAM DOWN posted:

i'm still mad about this

I, as well,