Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Republicans don't need to win elections anymore, they just get their way through credible threats of violence. cool.

nah, that doesn't sound right. ive heard on good authority "it can't happen here"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Republicans don't need to win elections anymore, they just get their way through credible threats of violence. cool.

Yeah it's great that we are completely giving over control of government action to a minority of people because we are worried they might get violent if we don't. No way this backfires.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

IHME excess death forecast has us at a bit over 1.1 million right now: https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

after a rocky start they have been pretty trustworthy and correct with that death model. it predicted 250k dead in the fall surge and nailed it.

we'll probably come out of this pandemic after 5 total years or so and see 3-5 million dead total. that's just a rough 1.5% CFR times the entire 330M population of the country and so far we're tracking almost precisely to that even with vaccines and such

i swear FT used to have real good excess deaths charts but i cant find them now

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

horse paste facebook having their Mr Sunshine moment

seems normal for facebook to be doing poo poo goons were doing 10-20 years ago, next they'll be butt chugging mangosteen juice

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i think the fancy d&d-tier term is "fascism"

we have to destroy this america to save the real america thats strong and powerful but a specific type of plothole is keeping it restrained, not weak, restrained because its just so loving strong dammit :911:

your leftycuck ninja seals won't hold it back any longer with "regulations" and "public safety"

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
my wife just told me that our son's assigned bus seat is next to a kid who refused to wear a mask, and the majority of kids were maskless even though it's supposed to be mandatory

:aaaaa:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lastgirl posted:

*whispers aggressively* one point nine trillion shots in arms

was supposed to end in july so my press sec could look good shuffling papers on the final covid press conf

cmon man!

Idk how long you've been posting again but welcome back, friend

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Local walmart has had open pfizer time slots for weeks now, totally unused. I'm just going to use my name and say I'm eligible for the booster and see what happens.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rauros posted:

blessed to see it again!

no ring

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Thoguh posted:

Yeah it's great that we are completely giving over control of government action to a minority of people because we are worried they might get violent if we don't. No way this backfires.

Outside doing a little stochastic terrorism they're paper tigers

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

What is this, the medium format photo thread now??

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bathtub Cheese posted:

Outside doing a little stochastic terrorism they're paper tigers

That is true but apparently that's all it takes.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

there must be a lot of malingering because children cannot get COVID (and if they do get it, COVID doesn't harm them). school districts should demand that the children return to school. if parents won't let the children go, then arrest the parents for supporting truancy. thankfully, Kamala Harris has lots of experience fighting truancy and is just the person to lead a national campaign against it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Business Gorillas posted:

Idk how long you've been posting again but welcome back, friend

:glomp: hi comrade

remote shitposting from the safety of the covid mist storms raging across this nation :coffee:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
i want to turn a horse trailer into an ice cream truck called the Mobile 'Mectin Mart and roll around the south blasting this theme on air horns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_UVrdpzx_o

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Relevant Tangent posted:

Regarding the ivermectin this is just Mike Pence's plan working itself out. By making the people who vote for him a little more horse-like he might be able to bear skin to skin contact with them for just a little longer, making all those handshakes he has to do slightly less intolerable.

ah yeah, I forgot the Pence angle…

Pence is just a horse person, right? Like Howard Stern? Or Judith Faulkner?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i love joeseph biden, they have helped me more than trump ever did, by doing the following:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
he wrote his fake law notes on the back of his hand

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1430619733645303818

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

yeah i really cannot recommend strongly enough not drinking poison

This is a dangerous recommendation in CSPAM

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

:dafuq:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Mmmm ramen

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Hey, cvs demanded ssn if I didn't want to give insurance.

I hosed off out of there and went to one of the state mobile vax sites, where it was very few questions asked plus the benefit of a $100 gift card (where the gently caress was that earlier huh?)

There were a shitton of homeless looking dudes there, who seemed pretty practiced about the whole thing. More power to 'em I guess, consider it a new form of universal income, disbursed one booster at a time.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

mod sassinator posted:

hahahaha holy poo poo is the biden admin moving to 6 months boosters?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-...od=breakingnews

god drat the data must be looking real bad with breakthroughs past 6 months.

if i got a shot before ~may i would absolutely be doing everything possible to get a booster _right now_

hahahaha, I feel like a brain genius for getting mine at almost 5 months to the day

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casey Finnigan posted:

yeah the bungled response to covid is gonna be a massive human atrocity lol. I wonder if there's gonna be debate in future history books whether this was "technically" a genocide or not

If falling birthrates among educated women in Xinjiang counts as a genocide I'm pretty sure we can safely assume America is committing yet another

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Thoguh posted:

That is true but apparently that's all it takes.

libs refusing to even suggest reactionaries are terrible people for decades and then deciding to go after their tackiness and lack of proper class signifiers under the thin veneer of ending bigotry has consequences

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

School Student in 2033: Wow that must have been really tough after that whole COVID thing from last chapter

Teacher: (meows agreeingly)

School Student: yeah i miss them too buddy

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

OK baizuo posted:

If falling birthrates among educated women in Xinjiang counts as a genocide I'm pretty sure we can safely assume America is committing yet another

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
So I don't even know if school has started yet for my son who's turning 5 this year because lol if he's going anywhere, but should I pop by the local school anyway and get him registered in case there were like online classes or some poo poo? This is my first kid so I dunno where to start with all this

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Baddog posted:

Hey, cvs demanded ssn if I didn't want to give insurance.

I hosed off out of there and went to one of the state mobile vax sites, where it was very few questions asked plus the benefit of a $100 gift card (where the gently caress was that earlier huh?)

There were a shitton of homeless looking dudes there, who seemed pretty practiced about the whole thing. More power to 'em I guess, consider it a new form of universal income, disbursed one booster at a time.

This is kind of where I am. If I went to pharmacy A for my first two and pharmacy B for "shot 1", I don't think they can look that up on the spot and I don't thinkkkkk it's technically illegal?

"Sorry I forgot about my first doses I was drinking a lot at the time"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

So I don't even know if school has started yet for my son who's turning 5 this year because lol if he's going anywhere, but should I pop by the local school anyway and get him registered in case there were like online classes or some poo poo? This is my first kid so I dunno where to start with all this

buy him an account and we'll teach him

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Well I’ve seen what’s being done to protect and educate my kids. We’re homeschooling.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rauros posted:

blessed to see it again!

Eat poo poo, SoDak.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

even horses hate it!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Throatwarbler posted:

depends on your state but lol how would you not think to look this up before now what the hell

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

FistEnergy posted:

my wife just told me that our son's assigned bus seat is next to a kid who refused to wear a mask, and the majority of kids were maskless even though it's supposed to be mandatory

:aaaaa:

Masks were mandatory on the busses all last spring. Almost zero kids wore masks on them. Masks came off the second kids walked out of the building. They also obv aren't on during lunch so as a teacher I can really only do so much. Kids might do great in my room (with windows open, fans going, etc) but they're gonna get it elsewhere.

Today we had a parent (in a district-wide panel with over 2k attendees) say "It is the district and administrations fault for putting our kids back to in person school during a pandemic. Our kids health is our #1 priority." and lol I bet they wish they hadn't had her on the panel.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

we're witnessing a mass schizo induced event socially and biden thought he could bluff em out with his "my way or the highway jack, it's unity time" shtick one last time without exceeding the threshold of the vyvanse that bell curves him right back into a blithering enfeebled pathological liar who enshrouds himself in death, personal, or mass for political gain to solidify some mythical legacy of raygun gothic revival and good natured flintstones bantering

this is a quality post A+

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

U-DO Burger posted:

impossible, we got vaxxed, we wore masks when it was asked of us, we followed all the rules. and you're telling us covid's gonna hit us anyways!?!?!?

need to speak with whoever wrote the rules for this game

IMO a huge part of liberal politics is playing by a set of rules nobody else is using and whining when you eat poo poo because of it

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

cr0y posted:

This is kind of where I am. If I went to pharmacy A for my first two and pharmacy B for "shot 1", I don't think they can look that up on the spot and I don't thinkkkkk it's technically illegal?

"Sorry I forgot about my first doses I was drinking a lot at the time"

nothing is illegal. you aren't committing larceny, showing a fake id, etc. if you just go to a pharmacy and say "I want my shot. No I don't have an ID or insurance" and they give you the shot anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

lol a rope worm