Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
that line is logarithmic over how long a given one exists for lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I still think the videos making fun of objective messes like a 15fps video of a guy constantly stating, cursing, and inserting random fart and siren sounds into Mario 3 are funny, but yeah its time went and even chip strayed into just mocking people with disabilities on multiple occasions (granted they deleted those).

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
anyway the funniest slowbeef content is his increasingly desperate attempts to get the internet to realize he still does stuff with diabetus all the time while constantly getting twitter mentions going 'whatever happened to you and diabetus... oh well, bygone ages :smith:' despite it now literally being in his profile

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
actually why am i posting in here im not supposed to be allowed in this forum or to talk to my friends after it was revealed i havent watched nichijou yet

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

watch nichijou

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mazed posted:

Retsupurae was pretty strongly rooted in the SA mockery tradition, and died out as that declined, for the better. Even so, the name stuck until they started deliberately distancing themselves from it, which is relatively recent.

The best part of RP was when it moved into being commentary over LPs of terrible games rather than mocking the actual LPers.

The Darkseeds and Mystery of the Druids are amazing

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Violen posted:

actually why am i posting in here im not supposed to be allowed in this forum or to talk to my friends after it was revealed i havent watched nichijou yet

its ok I haven’t either

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm caught up now with the Iruma anime and its still ftw.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Erg posted:

its ok I haven’t either

Watch nichijou

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Erg posted:

its ok I haven’t either
now i know what i'm streaming when i get back

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

watch nichijou

Kwyndig posted:

Watch nichijou

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Ibram Gaunt posted:

assuming it’s like the manga it will only get more ftw

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

now i know what i'm streaming when i get back

hype

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

marumaru
May 20, 2013

homeless snail posted:

watch nichijou

Kwyndig posted:

Watch nichijou

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

the ones about bizarre kickstarters and military contract ideas were also good

I think about the Earthquake Bed video everyday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXTSx0RvwEM

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I've only seen a few clips of Nichijou but I have both volumes of Helvetica Standard so I'm cool to post here, right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MY FAMILY!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Violet_Sky posted:

FTFY

The internet was (and still is kinda) weirdly obsessed around bullying children. Gen Xers thought we were soft because we weren't allowed to fight other kids in school and old people love to yell at clouds.

Which is weird because it was a side effect of Clinton and Biden's tough on crime reforms, which emphasized three strikes and (especially in schools) "zero tolerance".

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Mokinokaro posted:

The best part of RP was when it moved into being commentary over LPs of terrible games rather than mocking the actual LPers.

The Darkseeds and Mystery of the Druids are amazing

Agreed, also Visual Novel Book Club was a great idea and the couple of seasons I listened to were fun.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

for shame, everyone talking about RP stuff and not mentioning the ambition series, aka one of the best flash game series i think i've ever experienced purely for how often it made me laugh so hard i felt sick

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I didn't mention it because I'm a terrorist!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

verbal enema posted:

i have no idea how i found SA but i was a frontpager viewer and then joined so i had people to play L4D with

i still had a fukkin myspace back then jesus christ
For gaming with goons for me it was mostly planetside and dawn of war

Man early goon guilds and multiplayer groups got up to some STUPID poo poo, it was so amazing. We even caused the devs of planetside to hotfix vehicle collision damage because we all just took the respawn vehicle which had tank-level impact damage and dominated an entire battle by just running everyone over, the next day they changed it to do barely any damage at all

Droyer posted:

I always liked Chip and Ironicus' RP offshoot more, but I also found them more pleasant to listen to than Slowbeef and Diabetus in general.
their LP of wonderful 101 was my first exposure to that game and chip being a goddamn master at it was icing on the cake, one of the best LPs of all time. Because of that LP I backed the kickstarter when that happened.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I got good news for you

Its gonna get way better

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

iruma has actually been your hallucination and more isn't happening

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I got good news for you

Its gonna get way better

DoubleDonut posted:

assuming it’s like the manga it will only get more ftw

Good to hear! I really enjoyed s1 and only put off reading the manga cuz I knew S2 was coming. Might switch to the manga after this season ends or maybe just wait for s3, just because I like the voice performances alot.

My only real wish is that Iruma and Ameri actually get together but it seems like that might actually be a reality from the latest episode so I'm hopeful...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i'm playing sd gundam g generation genesis and its p cool, SRW without the crossover part but still fun and recreates a lot of the UC stuff

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Oh man Planetside 2 goon shenanigans. Hundreds of idiots disco balling bases

Good poo poo also ruining that nazi idiot constantly

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sell me on iruma pls

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Good to hear! I really enjoyed s1 and only put off reading the manga cuz I knew S2 was coming. Might switch to the manga after this season ends or maybe just wait for s3, just because I like the voice performances alot.

My only real wish is that Iruma and Ameri actually get together but it seems like that might actually be a reality from the latest episode so I'm hopeful...
The manga has some really impressive artwork at times and especially during the Evidol Games arc, Iruma really steals the show.

And yeah, I think you're gonna like how the series handles Iruma and Ameri. The aquarium date is one of my favorite parts of the series

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
huh, I'm definitely one of those people who didn't know slowbeef was doing stuff with diabeetus again, that's cool.

The way RP has aged is definitely hit and miss but I still get a laugh thinking of some of their videos, like the sonic 06 videos.

"Think that was bad?"

"Uh, yes?"

And then somehow it got worse.

I'd never seen an LP of it though, just a bit of speedrunning glitches.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 26, 2021

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Aurora posted:

sell me on iruma pls

it looks like an isekai but its really a goofy school slice of life

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Slowbeef sucks rear end and tried to beef with DSP who is not only a better LPer but also a better human being

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

positive words about dsp????

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Plutonis posted:

Slowbeef sucks rear end and tried to beef with DSP who is not only a better LPer but also a better human being

DSP? Are you talking about DarkSyde Phil? Because he seems like a real poo poo head

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

sell me on iruma pls

It's cute and decently funny and avoids all the cringe shounen ecchi tropes that usually come with the territory. The main and subcast are mostly all good too. Only one I don't like is Camui who basically is the ballhead kid from mha but he also doesn't show up nearly as much which makes it more tolerable.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked iruma because it does the thing where a bunch of demons see him doing weird human stuff and instead of being like "that's a human," they project weird theories about how he must be doing that because he's a demon so much smarter and stronger than anyone else. meanwhile he's panicking over having zero demon abilities to keep up the ruse, while everyone only gets higher expectations of him. ofc they don't hold him to those strictly and instead it just escalates with theories being piled on top of why he would break from their expectations and so on

even in the parts i watched it was obvious he was on the road to getting some legit ability to stand on the same level as demons so i suppose that's where the more typical isekai angle of it comes in. beyond just competing with demons i assume those powers go beyond their strength or are otherwise more useful in some plot situation etc etc. but even with that in mind, i enjoyed the characters and dynamics well enough i could probably tolerate it. Asmodeus as a foppy idiot who is constantly doing mental gymnastics about how awesome his dearest friend Iruma is, Clara as a kinda xD random character who improves over time, Ameri as the typical high-class tsundere but twice Iruma's height so it's a fun visual relationship dynamic, and other dudes like the lovely teacher who hates Iruma, his doting demon grandpa, hot-blooded rival etc.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I haven't watched any of it in years but I really liked Slowbeef's LP of Dead to Rights

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i liked iruma because it does the thing where a bunch of demons see him doing weird human stuff and instead of being like "that's a human," they project weird theories about how he must be doing that because he's a demon so much smarter and stronger than anyone else. meanwhile he's panicking over having zero demon abilities to keep up the ruse, while everyone only gets higher expectations of him. ofc they don't hold him to those strictly and instead it just escalates with theories being piled on top of why he would break from their expectations and so on

even in the parts i watched it was obvious he was on the road to getting some legit ability to stand on the same level as demons so i suppose that's where the more typical isekai angle of it comes in. beyond just competing with demons i assume those powers go beyond their strength or are otherwise more useful in some plot situation etc etc. but even with that in mind, i enjoyed the characters and dynamics well enough i could probably tolerate it. Asmodeus as a foppy idiot who is constantly doing mental gymnastics about how awesome his dearest friend Iruma is, Clara as a kinda xD random character who improves over time, Ameri as the typical high-class tsundere but twice Iruma's height so it's a fun visual relationship dynamic, and other dudes like the lovely teacher who hates Iruma, his doting demon grandpa, hot-blooded rival etc.

ya. i agree with all this too. very well put.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

a tall girl?! :popeye: