Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
https://www.king5.com/article/news/...16-e333e92cd18d

quote:

Washington hospitals see 1,100 new COVID-19 patients in one month, health system approaches breaking point

SEATTLE — State health leaders provided a grave update Wednesday during a Washington Department of Health (DOH) press briefing, revealing how the state’s health care system is edging closer to a breaking point than it ever has before.

Secretary of Health Dr. Umair Shah was joined by Deputy Secretary Dr. Michele Roberts, Acting Chief Science Officer Dr. Scott Lindquist and Harborview Medical Center Emergency Department Director Dr. Steve Mitchell, who illustrated the current situation for hospitals around the state.

Mitchell said Washington hospitals are at the highest level of occupancy the state has ever seen with 1,463 COVID-19 patients currently hospitalized.

A total of 1,100 of those cases have come in the last 30 days, which is equivalent to the capacity of two Harborview Medical Centers.
Some of these patients being forced to wait for space, especially those that require critical care, have died before space became available.

One woman whose prognosis was “dire” in eastern Washington recently suffered this fate.

“Our team at the Washington Medical Coordination Center tried for over eight hours to find an ICU bed for this lady, this patient who was severely ill. Unfortunately, she did pass away at this small hospital when after eight hours of trying we were unable to find an ICU bed that could help sustain her life at that point,” he said.

Lindquist showed hospitalizations do not appear to be slowing, either.

“Our case counts are as high as they’ve ever been in the state of Washington,” Lindquist said, the data covering all age groups and demographics.

He was also able to confirm that he learned Tuesday of a child who died from COVID-19 at Seattle Children’s hospital.

that are far too many smug idiots eating at restaurants in seattle while people (and a children!) are dying during the wait to get an ICU bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
get ready to prop your dead 8 year old up in the old recliner with a paw patrol blanket over her, go buy lots of febreze before the rush starts!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1430301819285262336?s=20

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

NeonPunk posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattlargey/status/1430617419723251715

Cool cool, I wonder how long it'll be before Abbott attempt to ban all vaccinations in a bid to win his primary

https://twitter.com/len0killer/status/1276310180649734145

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Tzen posted:

children will be dying in hospital hallways, parents cars, or in their homes in a months time

amazed no vaccinated parents or cracked doctors haven’t gone in and started “helping along” the unvaccinated chuds clogging up beds.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

do you spend a significant portion of your day worrying about lions, about sea wasps and other deadly creatures? didn't think so. and yet these creatures are an aspect of life. perhaps we should treat forever covid the same way.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

once again, i am requesting to burn it all down

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
its pretty cool to see propaganda from the larger media arms all of a sudden send out a consistent slew or articles gaslighting people into accepting the need to live with COVID. great country we got here.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Current vaccination rates in India

33.4% with one dose
9.6% fully vaccinated

That might have something to do with cases rising again

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Where be the horse paste up in this piece son?!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
it will reach a point that if you are unvaccinated you will be sent home with thoughts and prayers.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
*overflowing ICU beds, out of control positive COVID tests, people freaking out and eating dewormer paste* we must learn to live with this

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

do you spend a significant portion of your day worrying about lions, about sea wasps and other deadly creatures? didn't think so. and yet these creatures are an aspect of life. perhaps we should treat forever covid the same way.

covid never hurt nobody, just leave it alone and it will go away

you libturds are just agitating and riling and taunting it by engaging with it and thus manifest it into what it is

the 99.9% of germs vs the .1% of elites

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

This and the celebrities who don't shower for over a week shows that goons are not a niche but a representation of society as a whole.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
a wasp once stung me on my rear end and this fake made up virus has never done anything close to that to me.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

if you were previously infected by wild type and then got 1 shot you had more antibodies than a “naive” person getting 2 shots

I imagine it would be at least similar with delta if you were already infected. there are no studies I’m aware of for this.

NEVER allow yourself to get infected through carelessness after being vaccinated. if you’re thinking of boosting your immunity with infection after getting vaccinated don’t

There is a 20% chance you will have long term side effects if you are vaccinated and experience a breakthrough case

Oh yeah I absolutely would never try and get a breakthrough covid case, ignoring the effects on my own health I would also undoubtedly give it to my 4 year old. Was just curious as to what my brother's big max titers numbers might be.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
✔️ half-mask
✔️ cspam tshirt
✔️ 3rd dose appointment

We're on track to survive this thing. CVS let me schedule an appointment for 3rd dose while filling out that I do NOT have an immune disorder, so that was weird but we'll see if they juice me up this friday.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/WLWT/status/1430635896391544836?s=20

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Tzen posted:

lol i thought hayes wasn't so naive but well there it is

Hayes went to some of the most exclusive schools in the world his entire education from kindergarten through college. His lived experience and context absolutely is that the schools is his orbit have revamped HVAC systems, fully vaccinated staffs, fully vaccinated families if kids, etc. He's about as good as you can get from the elite class because he is somewhat aware of his privilege and is willing to examine it. But he has no ability to understand all of it's impacts.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

NeonPunk posted:

Cool cool, I wonder how long it'll be before Abbott attempt to ban all vaccinations in a bid to win his primary

lol this is the same state where perry tried to mandate the HPV vaccine

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Louisgod posted:

*overflowing ICU beds, out of control positive COVID tests, people freaking out and eating dewormer paste* we must learn to live with this

look this is just reality now. this horrible purgatory where even a small medical problem or injury could end in your death. where any human interaction could kill you. where systems are perpetually collapsing and the future is guaranteed to get worse every single day. you just have to learn to live with that. if that’s hard for you well maybe you need some therapy.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

hell yes, become ungovernable

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

:catdrugs: to treat delta variant

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

NeonPunk posted:

Didn't Ohio and Tennessee already beat him to trying to do that? Though I don't believe either succeeded (yet).

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the thing I hate most about the “learn to live with it” crowd is that it is them quite literally telling you to never even hope for anything better. it is equally applicable to every problem humanity has ever faced and is the most doomer depressed logic I can imagine. nothing can ever get better. no problems can ever be solved. all we can do is stop caring and become cold nihilists immune to pathetic human emotions. we are cogs who spend money and if we die then no one will care.

this is the majority opinion of our government and our society.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I've said this before but fursuits are PPE

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

that's just normal toxo behavior

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

this was the article directly below it for me

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

https://twitter.com/dril/status/173314787084730368?s=20

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

inferis posted:

Yeah. Mom was probably antivax according to her FB history

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

inferis posted:

The special welcome was dozens of unmasked strangers cheering by the door as they walked in.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Stereotype posted:

the thing I hate most about the “learn to live with it” crowd is that it is them quite literally telling you to never even hope for anything better. it is equally applicable to every problem humanity has ever faced and is the most doomer depressed logic I can imagine. nothing can ever get better. no problems can ever be solved. all we can do is stop caring and become cold nihilists immune to pathetic human emotions. we are cogs who spend money and if we die then no one will care.

Lol yeah

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

LOL India's official per capita case rate is now lower than Australia's, I'm sure that's totally legit

Didn't like 2/3 of the population have antibodies or something? Only cost a few million lives, too.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
how soon after infection before a test is accurate? i'm burying a friend and it's not really something i can opt out of so this involves being assaulted by diseased plaguebeasts for 48 hours since i have to travel there for it

i've upgraded my mask game to well-fitted n95 but i still know it's going to get me because he was born in chudsville, tn and that's where he's being laid to rest. i've avoided public spaces for 18 months so gently caress this noise and gently caress the loving doctors who murdered him out of sheer neglect because all the goddamned anti-mask shitheads had to do their dumb "oh woe is me i need constant care on a ventilator from my choices"

and serious lol at being reminded why i haven't boarded a plane in 10 years holy poo poo everything about the experience is miserable and i don't even leave until tomorrow

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

IMO a huge part of liberal politics is playing by a set of rules nobody else is using and whining when you eat poo poo because of it

it took me way too loving long to realize this.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Stereotype posted:

I'm sorry, but do you want to be no freedom China?!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Got em' , also once the article about the deceased bragged about "being God fearing" i didn't even need to read the part to guess their vaccination status

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/winter-haven-woman-survives-covid-19-discovers-husband-had-died-at-home/

quote:

A Winter Haven woman thought her COVID-19 troubles were coming to an end when she went home from the hospital.

Instead, it was the start of her grief.

“It’s just been a nightmare. Just a nightmare,” said Lisa Steadman, 58.

The nightmare began when her husband, Ron, 55, tested positive for COVID-19.

“They sent him home with medicine and stuff because he wasn’t in distress or anything. It was just like he had a bad cold,” she said.

Lisa Steadman also came down with COVID-19 and went to the emergency room at Winter Haven Hospital after passing out.

She had also been dealing with other, unrelated illnesses as well.

She spent eight days at the hospital. During that time, her husband had told her his phone was not working proper.

He had told me that his phone was acting up, and wouldn’t hold a charge. Monday, I couldn’t get a hold of him. So I sent the Winter Haven Police Department over there to do a wellness check. They talked to him. He was fine,” she said.

Winter Haven police spokesperson Jamie Brown confirmed a welfare check was conducted.

When Ron did not answer her phone call on Tuesday. Lisa assumed his battery had died.

She went home on Wednesday to find him deceased in their bedroom. Their dogs were close to death from lack of food and water.

“I can’t get that picture out of my mind. I wish I never would have found him like that,” she said.

Steadman finds peace in knowing her husband is no longer in pain.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

The special welcome was dozens of unmasked strangers cheering by the door as they walked in.

cops and firefighters even

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

mod sassinator posted:

alaska looks really bad too and they are pretty hosed if hospitals are full. where will they fly people.. to canadian hospitals?

to the garbage dumps, they can be cared for by the polar bears and bald eagles that hang out in the trash piles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stereotype posted:

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/881161169469403137