Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

etalian posted:

Yeah vaccines or other treatments like the Antibody (Regeneron!) don't help when you have symptomatic infection.

antibodies potentially help even with symptomatic infection, the threshold for effectiveness goes down with each passing day as viral load increases which is why it’s recommended to administer within the first few days of infection or exposure and presumed ineffective by time symptoms are so severe hospitalization is needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maybe it's like Spanish Flu which pretty much originated in Kansas US military camps and got carried to Europe from there?

(Pangolins were innocent)

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Lol if I have to bury one of my children I'm going to become John Q Rambo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Stereotype posted:

the amount of death we are going to see in the next few months is truly unfathomable and id imagine the grief and guilt from people who stubbornly and arrogantly insisted that this path was the only one is going to cause a lot of psychotic breakdowns.

the future holds nothing but misery and death in an increasingly chaotic failure of society. any goals or plans you may have had are pointless and impossible.

you will either witness your loved ones die or they will see you die, in pain and agony. by witness I mean that you’ll hear about it from a disinterested person over zoom because all the dying will be in a crowded corridor or former conference room in a hospital staffed by nursing students and janitors.

good thing we didn’t do anything drastic though. can you imagine the psychological impact of closing schools or another shutdown?

look, some people might have gotten bored during lockdown, that's far worse than mass death by all objective measures

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

hold up, I thought it was previously established that "living with it" is bad because it would let more variants develop and these variants are unpredictable and can be far worse. oh well. gently caress it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kunabomber posted:

ok what do they mean by waste

edit: did the dogs eat him and poo poo on the bed

probably his poo and pee since your body dumps all of that when you die

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chuds also don't have any guilt about clogging local hospital worse than a toilet after a Taco bell family meal.

Most of them will also not learn or self-reflect from the experiences either after the local medical staff save their sorry asses.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

MS cancelling brain and heart surgeries is unfortunate, because as far as I know that's the only method for chuds to acquire either one of those organs.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/08/7fb949bf9198-urgent-unused-moderna-vaccine-doses-may-contain-foreign-materials-japan.html

kyodonews posted:

Japan’s health ministry said Thursday it has received reports from several domestic mass vaccination centers that some portion of the unused doses of Moderna Inc.’s COVID-19 vaccine have been found to contain foreign materials.

Contamination reports came from eight vaccination centers in five prefectures — Aichi, Gifu, Ibaraki, Saitama and Tokyo.

Japanese drugmaker Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., which is in charge of sales and distribution of the Moderna vaccine in the country, said it is suspending the use of around 1.63 million doses as a precaution.

:pwn:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

fosborb posted:

I'm so pissed I can't go get a booster without lying right now

j&j :argh:

GO LIE TO GET YOUR VACCINES.

YOU BOOSTERS ARE WAITING FOR YOU, MR TITERS.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I bet the dogs ate that old mans dick and balls, but they wouldn’t mention that

unlike cats, dogs won't eat their dead owners' bodies except maybe if theyre truly desperate

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

etalian posted:

Chuds also don't have any guilt about clogging local hospital worse than a toilet after a Taco bell family meal.

Most of them will also not learn or self-reflect from the experiences either after the local medical staff save their sorry asses.

god bless america

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I bet the dogs ate that old mans dick and balls, but they wouldn’t mention that

there was some morbid thing i read years ago about how they see on average dogs will wait almost a week before eating you but cats will dig in after 48 hours lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

little late for that, you stupid mother fucker

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

hold up, I thought it was previously established that "living with it" is bad because it would let more variants develop and these variants are unpredictable and can be far worse. oh well. gently caress it.

America is incapable of looking past the current quarter's Earning Chart

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

gently caress moderna

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

is chud a slur or something else?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

post COVID posted:

gently caress moderna

buddy,

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
are there any dos and don'ts socially when you are vaccinated, and pretending to be unvaccinated to assimilate with the cultural wishes of red America?

any vaccine faux pas to know in advance? thank you for addressing this question

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

Shear Modulus posted:

unlike cats, dogs won't eat their dead owners' bodies except maybe if theyre truly desperate

i want my cat to eat me

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

fosborb posted:

little late for that, you stupid mother fucker
also thinking about the absolutely dire physical state of so many schools around the country, all located in different climate regions

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mod sassinator posted:

there was some morbid thing i read years ago about how they see on average dogs will wait almost a week before eating you but cats will dig in after 48 hours lol

Because dogs are dumb as hell, you'd be rotten as poo poo after a week.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

this is japan so the foreign substance contamination actually means that some of the precursors to the vaccine might have been sourced from korea

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Hmm... after lying to get my "first" shot almost a month ago, I just got automated text reminding me to get my next dose of Moderna this Friday.

Should I go in and get my 4th shot or is there something that I'm unaware of that would make it a bad idea? I'm leaning towards to get the 4th shot since I'm in Texas and working in a very public space.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

McNugget Buddy posted:

America is incapable of looking past the current quarter's Earning Chart

Looks outside. Yeah. Take a look at all that robust economic activity lol.

The only economic activity happening is in finance I think. And drench line of products for farm animals

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

mawarannahr posted:

It was an attempt to make a slur but you can't get it to work as one because socially its punching up, so it ended up like an endearing nickname.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

As long as the little magic balls of mRNA are intact I really wouldn't care about a couple mils of some random crud if the alternative was being unvaxxed. Assuming it's not like arsenic or something.

Just throwing my immune system a little curve ball on it's march to Mount Titers

E: to the JnJ goon. Just lie before they wise up and make it a crime, I'm pretty sure getting Pfizer/moderna after JnJ is approved anyways.

cr0y fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 25, 2021

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

I read a book about that over the summer about dying and what happens to the human body called "Will My Cat eat me?" which went into details on things like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szvFgdvfMq0

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NeonPunk posted:

Hmm... after lying to get my "first" shot almost a month ago, I just got automated text reminding me to get my next dose of Moderna this Friday.

Should I go in and get my 4th shot or is there something that I'm unaware of that would make it a bad idea? I'm leaning towards to get the 4th shot since I'm in Texas and working in a very public space.

The thought is that the third shot might give lasting immunity, but it'll take a while to generate antibodies. Pfizer's 3rd shot showed good antibodies against Delta after a month. Whether or not the antibodies increase/decrease/maintain longer than that, they're still studying.

No one knows, honestly. Letting your immune system build up protection without additional artificial pushes is probably a good idea.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

jetz0r posted:

GO LIE TO GET YOUR VACCINES.

YOU BOOSTERS ARE WAITING FOR YOU, MR TITERS.

look, I still need to do some research.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Stereotype posted:

the amount of death we are going to see in the next few months is truly unfathomable and id imagine the grief and guilt from people who stubbornly and arrogantly insisted that this path was the only one is going to cause a lot of psychotic breakdowns.

I bet it won't. In fact I bet everything I'm worth that the only time they'll even think twice about it is to explain why it's everyone else's fault.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

etalian posted:

i'm glad my parents don't live in FL since my dad had a important surgery this month and I'm sure he would have to push it back due to Chuds burning through the hospital bed capacity.

yeah florida is outright murdering people in hospitals right now. the friend that i'm burying was in for a bleed on the brain and they shoved him out of the ICU into rehab in like 36 hours despite his obvious and ongoing neurological deterioration and then brought him back to the ICU when he was discovered non-responsive

that rehab is what killed him when they forced him to do physical activity and the blood pressure spike popped/worsened the bleed but they just sedated him in bed despite him losing all ability to talk or focus and 12 hours later checked in to find to their utter amazement that he'd gone brain dead and finally sent him back to the hospital where he was pronounced dead

this would be the same city that just had to curtail water because all the liquid oxygen supplies are going to the plaguebeasts on ventilators

open biden

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I bet it won't. In fact I bet everything I'm worth that the only time they'll even think twice about it is to explain why it's everyone else's fault.

just didn't hold the boom mic or the stage props correctly enough to really make the cosmos align on the fateful narrative that unlocked their main character status from the shitlib samsara and releasing it into republican nirvana as legends of the final own

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stereotype posted:

the future holds nothing but misery and death in an increasingly chaotic failure of society. any goals or plans you may have had are pointless and impossible.

you will either witness your loved ones die or they will see you die, in pain and agony. by witness I mean that you’ll hear about it from a disinterested person over zoom because all the dying will be in a crowded corridor or former conference room in a hospital staffed by nursing students and janitors.

good thing we didn’t do anything drastic though. can you imagine the psychological impact of closing schools or another shutdown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsZTYqyb13U

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
https://twitter.com/aimee_nz/status/1429269164238118914

gently caress yeah spread it

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Dozens of California schoolkids on a summer trip to Afghanistan are now stranded there because the airport's closed, and their parents are desperately lobbying their congresspeople to get them back because they :siren: might be missing out on in-person classroom instruction :siren:

https://thehill.com/policy/international/middle-east-north-africa/569307-dozens-of-california-students-parents-stranded

quote:

Serban contacted to Miyashiro last week and told him that multiple families had reached out to him concerned that their students would lose out on classroom instruction due to being in Afghanistan, according to the Times.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Harik posted:

this would be the same city that just had to curtail water because all the liquid oxygen supplies are going to the plaguebeasts on ventilators

open biden

I live in Orlando area (Tourist trap central) and I'm pretty sure we'll be drinking swamp water in a week / 2 due to unvaxxed people burning through the liquid oxygen supply chain.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Harik posted:

yeah florida is outright murdering people in hospitals right now. the friend that i'm burying was in for a bleed on the brain and they shoved him out of the ICU into rehab in like 36 hours despite his obvious and ongoing neurological deterioration and then brought him back to the ICU when he was discovered non-responsive

that rehab is what killed him when they forced him to do physical activity and the blood pressure spike popped/worsened the bleed but they just sedated him in bed despite him losing all ability to talk or focus and 12 hours later checked in to find to their utter amazement that he'd gone brain dead and finally sent him back to the hospital where he was pronounced dead

open biden

so make sure i don't go to a hospital for the next 10 months, got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I can't stop thinking about that chicken disease that's 100% fatal in unvaccinated individuals