Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the vaccine doesn't make you sprout horns and turn blue. either get it and lie or hit the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Cloks posted:

his wife is against it and he lives with her and her family

i completely agree that he should just get one but he doesn't want to lie to his wife

lol not lying to his wife….lmao

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
imagine being married to someone who is actively trying to kill you lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Cough

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
:shrug:

he's made his bed, now his in-laws have to die in it

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Schmeichy posted:

some like it hot

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Der Meister posted:

I have mild ptsd from the constant overhead CODE BLUE alarms from our winter surge

I'm not sure who you all think you're fooling. They might as just have the PA scream "someone's dying!"

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

quote:

Reporter: You said everything's still on the table. Would that be a last resort for you? Is that kind of like the last thing you want to do is bring restrictions back?

Gov. Lujan Grisham: Like extra last. Last and then something, something, something. And here's the reason – more than the economy, more than the uncertainty for business, we want people to have confidence. I do too. Now that we have tools, they have the science behind that confidence, that we can get to a normal, and if you have to use these tools, these extreme tools, we minimize people's confidence that, in fact, we can use science to control this pandemic.

:pwn:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Der Meister posted:

are they really gonna make us wait until 2022 to vaccinate our kids

yes, the surgeon general reaffirmed that this week: https://nypost.com/2021/08/24/kids-may-be-eligible-for-covid-vaccine-in-2021-surgeon-general/

it's ludicrous

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

nexous posted:

sorry bro, gotta get divorced.

told my wife today we gotta cut ties with a bunch of dumb chuds (her family)

Thoguh sweatin and tugging at their collar

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
three of my vent patients in their 30s are getting tracheostomies because they’ll need many more weeks of slow vent weening before going home. nothing like having a trach in your 30s.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schmeichy posted:

nyt op-ed piece be titled "I navigated a marriage as a democrat to a pro-Trump supporter, now I am navigating vaccination status with him!" and it starts off with

"white lies are the mortar to the bedrock of marriage"

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

kopasetic posted:

three of my vent patients in their 30s are getting tracheostomies because they’ll need many more weeks of slow vent weening before going home. nothing like having a trach in your 30s.

and they’ll have the functional equivalent of pulmonary fibrosis and a drastically reduced life expectancy :thumbsup:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

kopasetic posted:

god drat, that destroys your speech right? would be awful

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I can't believe next week is school.

poo poo

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I decided to light my relationships with people on fire by just saying facts about what is happening

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

kopasetic posted:

were they vaxxed

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

My ex was like sorta anti-vax but not totally. She would have not respected how powerful my titers have become.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Shiroc posted:

I decided to light my relationships with people on fire by just saying facts about what is happening

facts (about covid) don't care about your feelings

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

oh cool so it Benjamin Buttons you

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i cannot tell a lie. i got vaccinated and then we had sex and i shot you full of Chinese microchips. you're half robot now, deal with it.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

that sam neil laughing gif popular round these parts is from a film called "in the mouth of madness" in which society creates a violent and grotesque new consensus reality.

Shiroc posted:

been thinking a lot lately how moving through the world feels like swimming through a miasma of denial so thick you can begin to pick out the mirages made by the new consensus

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Stereotype posted:

the thing I hate most about the “learn to live with it” crowd is that it is them quite literally telling you to never even hope for anything better. it is equally applicable to every problem humanity has ever faced and is the most doomer depressed logic I can imagine. nothing can ever get better. no problems can ever be solved. all we can do is stop caring and become cold nihilists immune to pathetic human emotions. we are cogs who spend money and if we die then no one will care.

this is the majority opinion of our government and our society.

we live in a democracy and this is the one thing everyone agrees on so of course it was going to be the outcome
- a huge chunk of the country believes that life is suffering as intended and we'll get our eternal reward after we die
- a huge chunk of the country is demoralized, beat down, and can't trust to hope that anything could possibly ever get better because thinking otherwise just leads to repeated traumatic incidents of being proven otherwise
- and a small chunk of the country that actually holds the money and power wants to ensure that everyone in the country falls into one of the two above categories

democracy works as intended!
https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/1261004586359422979

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

uber_stoat posted:

i cannot tell a lie. i got vaccinated and then we had sex and i shot you full of Chinese microchips. you're half robot now, deal with it.

don’t kinkshame me

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/grant-elementary-in-hollywood-is-site-of-lausds-1st-coronavirus-outbreak/

quote:

Grant Elementary in Hollywood is site of LAUSD’s 1st coronavirus outbreak

Los Angeles school officials on Wednesday confirmed the first coronavirus outbreak in the district at Grant Elementary School in Hollywood, sending home an entire classroom of children.

“The cases are concentrated in a single classroom and Los Angeles Unified is fully cooperating with the Department of Public Health,” the district said in a statement. “The district has alerted all those potentially impacted and the quarantined class has been provided with instructional materials to continue their studies.”

the tone of this reads like a story in February 2020 lol

i wonder how many days before they realize it's a dumb idea to make a news story about every single classroom outbreak--there will be nothing but outbreak stories soon

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

mod sassinator posted:

hahahaha holy poo poo is the biden admin moving to 6 months boosters?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-...od=breakingnews

god drat the data must be looking real bad with breakthroughs past 6 months.

if i got a shot before ~may i would absolutely be doing everything possible to get a booster _right now_

Incredible. I want to reiterate what I and many others have said about this thread: it’s hands down the best source of info about Covid anywhere.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the money to be made from hyping ivermectin isn't from the sale of the pills, it's in being the voice that talks about cures "they don't want you to hear about" so you have to buy books, attend seminars, and buy subscriptions as tens of millions of gullible people now with long covid struggle with their health

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I never want to hear people talking about how you shouldn't judge personal decisions in a respiratory pandemic again. NO I SURE AS gently caress WILL

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

mod sassinator posted:

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/grant-elementary-in-hollywood-is-site-of-lausds-1st-coronavirus-outbreak/

the tone of this reads like a story in February 2020 lol

i wonder how many days before they realize it's a dumb idea to make a news story about every single classroom outbreak--there will be nothing but outbreak stories soon

Aren't dead and dying children one of those morbid things the public loves to read/hear about and always get good news ratings?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Fireside Nut posted:

Incredible. I want to reiterate what I and many others have said about this thread: it’s hands down the best source of info about Covid anywhere.

I don’t know if this is true but I’ve tried pretty hard to be informed throughout the crisis… and this seems true to me, as a layperson. but… WHY? what’s so special here?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Tzen posted:

those 2 green counties on the west coast :argh: does no one live there or what

one of them has a major fire and people are evacuated lol

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

mawarannahr posted:

I don’t know if this is true but I’ve tried pretty hard to be informed throughout the crisis… and this seems true to me, as a layperson. but… WHY? what’s so special here?

look at bad news and don't recoil in horror, just start joker laughing

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

So much of the antivax poo poo comes from the homeopathy, alternative medicine, naturalist "medicine" mindset so prevalent in this country and it's all because healthcare is so out of the financial reach of so many people that they just instinctively don't trust anything coming out from the health care system now. How much of this poo poo could've been avoided if we had a functioning system that wasn't actively pulling as much money as possible out of everyone for any little thing. :d2a:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ruggan posted:

one of them has a major fire and people are evacuated lol

we have stumbled upon a new solution for our little virus problem.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Spartanburg Regional Health Care System is feeling the strain, giving an update along with South Carolina DHEC Wednesday morning.

DHEC says the COVID-19 testing site at the Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership on N. Church Street is back open and did 1,500 tests in just two days.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

uber_stoat posted:

we have stumbled upon a new solution for our little virus problem.

pelosi-ishly:] its self-vaccinating

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
there's stuff we've been wrong about, like I was sure the alpha variant was going to be a way worse and bigger surge in the winter. or we were pretty sure the vaccine rollout would be such a disaster it wouldn't be until september at the earliest that anyone got shots. but yeah just don't be afraid of bad news and be very suspicious of anything the media is saying

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6999738185882373382

huh. MRNA was tested on cancer patients in 2011?

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Oh I am SHOCKED all the people that worked the shift after the antivaxxers spent all night not wearing a mask and spreading her miasma all over the department are out with covid.