Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
http://reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/new is a great unfiltered view of news too. it's nice because you see everything before all the army of denalists and "everything is OK!" downvote the really bad news from getting on the frontpage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

mawarannahr posted:

I don’t know if this is true but I’ve tried pretty hard to be informed throughout the crisis… and this seems true to me, as a layperson. but… WHY? what’s so special here?

marx is reaching through us and teaching us how to post good

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Spartanburg Regional Health Care System is feeling the strain, giving an update along with South Carolina DHEC Wednesday morning.

DHEC says the COVID-19 testing site at the Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership on N. Church Street is back open and did 1,500 tests in just two days.

:capitalism:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

net work error posted:

So much of the antivax poo poo comes from the homeopathy, alternative medicine, naturalist "medicine" mindset so prevalent in this country and it's all because healthcare is so out of the financial reach of so many people that they just instinctively don't trust anything coming out from the health care system now. How much of this poo poo could've been avoided if we had a functioning system that wasn't actively pulling as much money as possible out of everyone for any little thing. :d2a:

boomers getting even worse shitbrains from watching Dr. Oz because it's scheduled right before the 5:00 local news

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

uh oh looks like the aftershocks of Sturgis are right on cue

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Shear Modulus posted:

if i take the horse paste will it turn me into a centaur

Hasn't worked for pence yet

salient
Jan 2, 2021

Shiroc posted:

Do people have some stuff other than the Death Panel podcast about how Monica Ghandi is full of poo poo?

she was one of the many who promoted the idea that india had achieved herd immunity based on extremely questionable seroprevalence studies prior to the march wave. she also argued that natural immunity thru mass infection is desirable

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
ignore covid, take up new hobbies like growin weed

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MonicaGandhi9/status/1429804231230300169?s=20

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Spartanburg Regional Health Care System is feeling the strain, giving an update along with South Carolina DHEC Wednesday morning.

DHEC says the COVID-19 testing site at the Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership on N. Church Street is back open and did 1,500 tests in just two days.

i for one get my covid tests done ONLY at the RAM 1500 Bighorn 3.6L Hemi testing site tyvm

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
NUMBERS UPDATE

ICU's > 90% Full: AL, FL, TX, LA, AR
ICUS > 80% Full: DE, SC, RI, NC, NV, ID

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a4_AsOJBvwnbFKwXXSuQQlVm2Nxs7ccB8Cxr53J--bc/edit?usp=sharing

Inpatient Beds data makes no loving sense at all. First, they had all these data entry errors. Now, It's showing 40,000 people less people in beds over the past five days.

According to this https://www.aha.org/statistics/fast-facts-us-hospitals - GA is at 117% for bed usage

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lmao looks like Facebook pulled the plug on the Ivermectin S.E.E group

Rip

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
in hindsight, "It's a coronavirus, the same sort of virus as the one that causes colds" was a very poor way to message the severity of this disease.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

demiurgeous burgesses of sturgis RISE!

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

salient posted:

she was one of the many who promoted the idea that india had achieved herd immunity based on extremely questionable seroprevalence studies prior to the march wave. she also argued that natural immunity thru mass infection is desirable

delete your account ffs

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Rip

MY PASTE CONNECT!!

america once used the internet to destroy its geopolitical adversaries. now america uses the internet to destroy... itself?!?!

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Pillowpants posted:

NUMBERS UPDATE

ICU's > 90% Full: AL, FL, TX, LA, AR
ICUS > 80% Full: DE, SC, RI, NC, NV, ID

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a4_AsOJBvwnbFKwXXSuQQlVm2Nxs7ccB8Cxr53J--bc/edit?usp=sharing

Inpatient Beds data makes no loving sense at all. First, they had all these data entry errors. Now, It's showing 40,000 people less people in beds over the past five days.

According to this https://www.aha.org/statistics/fast-facts-us-hospitals - GA is at 117% for bed usage

everything's fine, number go up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fireside Nut posted:

Incredible. I want to reiterate what I and many others have said about this thread: it’s hands down the best source of info about Covid anywhere.

I'm sure the 8 Months was the typical centrist compromise solution since they probably worried about a tsunami of demand for the vaccine supply.

Note for people wondering on the time to do the boost Israel has a min of 5 months of time from the 2nd dose for their booster shot requirements.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

in hindsight, "It's a coronavirus, the same sort of virus as the one that causes colds" was a very poor way to message the severity of this disease.

i started taking my flu shots more seriously too, had to wait 2 weeks before my first jab

now i'm probably likely to just get flu shots yearly if society hasn't collapsed

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

oh hey lastgirl is back

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Mayor Dave posted:

When was the last time you saw Pence?

That's right.

He's already all horse.

From the coughing.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

I don’t know if this is true but I’ve tried pretty hard to be informed throughout the crisis… and this seems true to me, as a layperson. but… WHY? what’s so special here?

we're watching eric fiegl-ding's twitter page and he picks up on bad news about covid as soon as something drops whereas the lamestream media will refuse to mention it until the cdc acknowledges it two months later

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Contagion is a comedy!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

i started taking my flu shots more seriously too, had to wait 2 weeks before my first jab

now i'm probably likely to just get flu shots yearly if society hasn't collapsed

Also some recent studies found benefit in reducing severity of COV19 due to getting the regular flu shot.

Was traced to having two virus hopping around in the respiratory system causes even more rapid damage.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
So for a booster is it 6 or 8 months from the 1st shot or the 2nd shot? And even though I got 2 Moderna Spikevax does that mean I should still get a Pfizer booster?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
hey I wonder if you can max titers the flu shot

I don’t mean forgetting your id, they don’t give a poo poo, I mean the getting multiple flu shots thing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao at people asking for clear and precise pandemic recommendations

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

NeonPunk posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattlargey/status/1430617419723251715

Cool cool, I wonder how long it'll be before Abbott attempt to ban all vaccinations in a bid to win his primary

reminder: abbott was triple vaxed before a lot of cspam posters were.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

skewetoo posted:

I feel like I'm living in a hopeless world without a future and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Probably a bad thing idk I'm not the ruling class

same, buddy, same.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6999738185882373382

huh. MRNA was tested on cancer patients in 2011?

the technology was invented in the 2000s, and moderna and biontech were both founded around 2010 to develop and sell mrna drugs but nobody ever put up the money to develop a drug because vaccine development never has been acceptably profitable for pharma until the US, EU, etc governments shoveled a million billion dollars to make one for covid

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Rip

squeezin out some paste for a real one, RIP

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shyfted One posted:

So for a booster is it 6 or 8 months from the 1st shot or the 2nd shot? And even though I got 2 Moderna Spikevax does that mean I should still get a Pfizer booster?

3rd Booster at least from Israel's plan is at least 5 months after your 2nd shot.

If you got with Moderna you should stick with it since it was recently upgraded to S Tier vs the Delta variant.

Sort of unknown why it does better but most likely due to bigger dose / longer wait time after shot 1 (28 days)

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Shyfted One posted:

it's from your second shot and the 6 months news is brand new, hasn't turned into policy just yet. apparently just sources close to WSJ confirming it will change

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mayor Dave posted:

horse paste is different from horse cum though. i don't think the cum comes in apple flavor.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

mawarannahr posted:

Something my therapist pointed out was very very few people are capable of 'big picture' (aka critical) thinking. For some reason a large percentage of the posters in C-Spam are critical thinkers who are able to figure out things like how there's no loving way lollapalooza only had 200 cases, meanwhile your average person just laps that poo poo up without another thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Fireside Nut posted:

Incredible. I want to reiterate what I and many others have said about this thread: it’s hands down the best source of info about Covid anywhere.

at some point in the near future you'll just be able to re-read the old archived thread and have an accurate play by play of what's currently going on, because we're gonna keep doing the same stuff forever

we'll have rows of identical tweets seperated only by 3-6 months of time of "we've hit the peak", "it'll be over by spring", "you're vaccinated, act like it", "this would be over if people just got vaccinated", "hospitals reaching capacity"

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and