Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

General Dog posted:

Way early to be thinking about the pick 'em, but I was bored and went ahead and set up the group for this year.

Group: TFF Pick 'Em
Password: xort2021

Last year understandably fizzled what with the staggered start to the season and a lot of the normal platforms not even running pick 'ems (including our beloved Yahoo! Sports). But anyway, it's back this year and we're gonna do this thing right even if it kills us. The picks will be the default Yahoo-selected slate of games, against the spread.

I'll repost this a few times closer to the start of games. Picks will start with the real week 1, not the upcoming Week 0.

This link is broken by the way. Or, at least you have to know how to work backward from it to get into the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Rick posted:

This link is broken by the way. Or, at least you have to know how to work backward from it to get into the league.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll try to figure out how to link it better.

EDIT

Try this:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/

Link should prompt for group ID and password.

Group ID: 4551 4554

Can someone confirm if this works?

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 26, 2021

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Alaois posted:

technically its full name is Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey

I've always loved how weirdly pompous that name sounds, like a king proclaiming a title.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Sash! posted:

I've always loved how weirdly pompous that name sounds, like a king proclaiming a title.

“oh, that must be the fancy school in new jersey, right?”

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

It was founded as "Queen's College" in the 1760s. So there's some history to the posh name, I suppose.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

General Dog posted:

EDIT

Try this:

Group ID: 4551

Says the password is incorrect.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Scarf posted:

Says the password is incorrect.

Sorry, try 4554 as group number. The site is blocked at work (but weirdly not the Something Awful forums) so I'm trying to glean all this from my cell phone.

Looks like week one pick set is already populated (that's next weekend, there are no picks for Week 0 this week), so we have a full 9 days to meditate on Texas-ULL.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 26, 2021

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

General Dog posted:

we have a full 9 days to meditate on Texas-ULL.

Talk about a no-upside game. Supposedly ULL was fairly good last year (finished ranked) and returns basically all their starters, but a loss to ULL is still a loss to ULL. And a close win, or even struggling some on the way to a double digit win over ULL is still embarrassing. A dominant win gets you no credit, it's just a win over a Sun Belt cupcake. Not that there's anything wrong with a nice cupcake to pad the W-L here and there, it just defeats the point if the cupcake is actually on par with/better than a lot of P5 teams.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
ULL has to travel to get big schools to play them, almost as embarrassing as trying to change their name to increase prestige.

However, I respect them more than LSU because they aren't too cowardly to play Tulane when given the chance.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

Talk about a no-upside game. Supposedly ULL was fairly good last year (finished ranked) and returns basically all their starters, but a loss to ULL is still a loss to ULL. And a close win, or even struggling some on the way to a double digit win over ULL is still embarrassing. A dominant win gets you no credit, it's just a win over a Sun Belt cupcake. Not that there's anything wrong with a nice cupcake to pad the W-L here and there, it just defeats the point if the cupcake is actually on par with/better than a lot of P5 teams.

It was probably scheduled a number of years ago; sometimes you just get unlucky like that.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

General Dog posted:

It was probably scheduled a number of years ago; sometimes you just get unlucky like that.

Like schools who scheduled App State.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I expect Oklahoma to outnumber Tulane fans in their own stadium. However, I am led to believe Tulane is copying the Saints policy of requiring a vaccination or proof of a negative test within 72 hours. Wonder how much this will hurt OU attendance.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

Seeing articles about how Hudson Card is in the mix for the QB spot.

Which is terrible news! I didn't know there was a QB battle at all. We don't have a starter yet?!?!?

We're gonna lose to ULL also Texas is back baby

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

I expect Oklahoma to outnumber Tulane fans in their own stadium. However, I am led to believe Tulane is copying the Saints policy of requiring a vaccination or proof of a negative test within 72 hours. Wonder how much this will hurt OU attendance.

poo poo, I didn't know OU was coming here.

I might be tempted to go if it wasn't a pandemic

I wonder why OU is coming to New Orleans though. Weird

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Like schools who scheduled App State.

There are some teams that are almost always dumb to schedule, like App State, Fresno State, or any of the Dakotas.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

General Dog posted:

There are some teams that are almost always dumb to schedule, like App State, Fresno State, or any of the Dakotas.

Georgia Southern if you're coached by Will Muschamp.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=333270057

:eyepop:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

I wonder why OU is coming to New Orleans though. Weird

because they aren't cowards like LSU.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

General Dog posted:

Sigh. I remember a school that led that list

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

General Dog posted:

EDIT

Try this:

Group ID: 4551 4554

Confirming the edited set works. NEed more folks to join

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

General Dog posted:

Fuckin James Madison

I'll never get over it and you can't make me

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Welcome to Iowa State last year. ESPN was all on board the hype train and then ULL blasted us. Thank god the season got better from there.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Whichever of Army and Navy is good in a given decade.

Omnikin posted:

Confirming the edited set works. NEed more folks to join

Great, thanks. I'll plan to repost next week in the new thread. I imagine we have a lot of in-season posters who haven't even checked in yet. If whoever makes the Week 0 aftermath thread can post it in the OP, that would be great.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Thermos H Christ posted:

Texas as a 9.5 favorite is a joke, ULL is a far better team

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Oh gee, there's suddenly a terrible Covid outbreak in the Texas program. Guess we can't have this game!

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/valleyshook/status/1430956081799475208?s=21

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

What a loving goober.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This is like the piss color chart at Texas. These dudes just end up building resentment. It’ll be unsurprising if the team just doesn’t seem like they care about playing for him.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Yeah haha who schedules State schools haha can you imagine haha

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/pac12/status/1430966984393457664

I...don't know why they needed to do this now but here it is. Note 'at this time.'

Like any Big 12 team they may want to poach isn't available right now.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
They already poached the only Big 12 team that made an ounce of sense geographically for them anyway

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

This is like the piss color chart at Texas. These dudes just end up building resentment. It’ll be unsurprising if the team just doesn’t seem like they care about playing for him.

CHAMPION LEVEL HYDRATION

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sash! posted:

My favorite thing about the name "Rutgers"

quote:

In gratitude, and hoping the college would be remembered in the Colonel's will, the trustees renamed it Rutgers College on December 5, 1825. (Colonel Rutgers left nothing to the college upon his death.)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fast cars loose anus posted:

They already poached the only Big 12 team that made an ounce of sense geographically for them anyway

I could argue that geographically K State makes solid sense because they're way out there, but....yeah that's about the only thing in their favor. Opening up the Texas recruiting market seems like it'd be the way to go if they were thinking about doing stuff.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I could argue that geographically K State makes solid sense because they're way out there, but....yeah that's about the only thing in their favor. Opening up the Texas recruiting market seems like it'd be the way to go if they were thinking about doing stuff.

Problem is that nobody available really opens up Texas in any meaningful way.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That theory about female athletes being some of the highest-profile beneficiaries of NIL
https://twitter.com/DancingABC/status/1430984677993627652
$125k is reportedly the going rate for DWTS, which probably easily passes the Auburn football team combined so far

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Was he this much of a weiner at Boise

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Are we sure this is better than Kevin Steele

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

Are we sure this is better than Kevin Steele

Running off Malzahn for this peckerwood is hilarious.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Was he this much of a weiner at Boise

He probably was. Just didn't get the coverage Sec programs get and didn't have a pandemic as a backdrop to really show his stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA freshman DB David Daniels got bit by a car while getting off a campus bus. All pretty minor but the girl was trying to pass the bus incorrectly and clipped him.