Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.

Arc Hammer posted:

The media is running wild with Monsef referring to the Taliban as brothers. During the media briefing today a journalist poked her on that and asked why she refers to the taliban as brothers but not conservative parry Muslims.

Of course the firestorm was agitated by Warren Kinsella and Ezra Levant.

It's stupid but also I hope she loses because she's awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

This is the worst thunderdome entry I've ever read.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

linoleum floors posted:

It's stupid but also I hope she loses because she's awful

I do want her gone but not at the hands of racists declaring her the new Queen of the Taliban in order to rile up their hillbilly supporters.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
The NDP will always campaign on a balanced budget, because banks and creditors are traditionally their enemies and they don't have the freedom to borrow at low interest rates that Conservatives and Liberals do.

Both flavors of Communist Party also have balancing the budget in their platform, for the same reason.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

If they raise revenues to balance the budget I'm into it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Balanced budgets don’t inherently have to be bad if you’re not doing austerity bullshit

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 25, 2021

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Exactly.

Normy posted:

If they raise revenues to balance the budget I'm into it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol Paul Merriman is making an rear end of himself yelling at journalists in Regina right now.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Arc Hammer posted:

The media is running wild with Monsef referring to the Taliban as brothers. During the media briefing today a journalist poked her on that and asked why she refers to the taliban as brothers but not conservative parry Muslims.

Of course the firestorm was agitated by Warren Kinsella and Ezra Levant.

I can only imagine how insane the Toronto Sun's Slack channel went when she said that. Front page Lilley column tomorrow for sure.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Got a call from the NDP! Albeit, for Ottawa, where I last lived. Hopefully they have that info updated now.

My new riding seems solidly Liberal, so I'll keep voting NDP, no need to worry about strategic voting or anything.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Is there a big push for strategic voting this year? I remember it was huge in 2015/2019, but I haven't heard anything for 2021.

Edit: not that I plan to, I just was surprised to hear of it.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 25, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1430589021982543873

How are the Libs and NDP losing to these idiots?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1430539209299873797

Oops, I might have spoke too soon. O'Toole decided of his own volition to whip out a tsunami of shotguns, point them all at his feet and pull the trigger by openly telling people he wants a two-tiered healthcare system for the rich and the poor.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 25, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Holy gently caress 1000 new cases today in Alberta. And of course Alberta and Saskatchewan are refusing to implement province wide mask mandates.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Apparently its intentional, they hired a company from the UK that pulled that poo poo during brexit.

Very "any publicity is good" type poo poo.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
That could be saving face. I would've just glued macaroni to it.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Personally I'm excited to see what Ant-Corrupton can bring to Ottawa, we haven't had a differently-abled cyborg insectoid superhero in ages.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

That said, I am now rather intrigued by O'Toole's ant corruption proposal.

e: gently caress

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The Quebec vaccine passport app has shot to #1 on the Apple App Store Utilities chart (alongside all sorts of QR code apps even though there's an offiicial accompanying verification app for businesses and the like available).

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

ZeeBoi posted:

The Quebec vaccine passport app has shot to #1 on the Apple App Store Utilities chart (alongside all sorts of QR code apps even though there's an offiicial accompanying verification app for businesses and the like available).

Not to mention the stock Camera app, and the Code Scanner you can add to Control Center.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I don't need to download the app if I'm savvy enough to have my preuve de vaccination pre-downloaded, right? It seems like as long as I have the PDF with the QR code in it, I can just show that.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

eXXon posted:

Personally I'm excited to see what Ant-Corrupton can bring to Ottawa, we haven't had a differently-abled cyborg insectoid superhero in ages.

You mean Otawa, right?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Another of their strategies is using Comic Sans so you're not far off

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Petanque posted:

I don't need to download the app if I'm savvy enough to have my preuve de vaccination pre-downloaded, right? It seems like as long as I have the PDF with the QR code in it, I can just show that.

Yes, I wasn't sure which direction they had taken at first but it looks like they've gone for public-private key digital signatures so everything can be done 100% offline. You could even just have it printed out on paper.
The comment about tons of QR code scanners being downloaded is a bit concerning. The identification and vaccination info in the QR code is not actually encrypted (which got some privacy people up in arms) so your basic-rear end QR scanner cannot verify that the code isn't forged. It has to be one that actually verifies the signature using the public key, which I assume is just the official checker app at this point. But it is all open source so anyone could make one.
Some idiot on another forum keeps posting about how it can be easily faked which is absolutely not true, it's quite annoying.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So yesterday Trudeau said that Canada was prepared to stay past the August deadline to pull people out of Afghanistan. This morning the CAF said "yeah the last plane is leaving this afternoon."

Lovely.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
It's worth the drive to Acton Plan.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

apatheticman posted:

Apparently its intentional, they hired a company from the UK that pulled that poo poo during brexit.

Very "any publicity is good" type poo poo.

It’s partly just publicity, but also to make his detractors look deranged when they take the bait on something so seemingly insignificant. “Liberals think typos are an election issue” kind of thing. Both BoJo and Trump used that technique to great effect.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Starks posted:

It’s partly just publicity, but also to make his detractors look deranged when they take the bait on something so seemingly insignificant. “Liberals think typos are an election issue” kind of thing. Both BoJo and Trump used that technique to great effect.

And it will work, because a lot of the people who never learned to read or think properly are seriously touchy about this fact, so an attack on a politician who can't write words gud is one they take personally

O'Toole's just a guy you can chew a crayon with

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Arc Hammer posted:

So yesterday Trudeau said that Canada was prepared to stay past the August deadline to pull people out of Afghanistan. This morning the CAF said "yeah the last plane is leaving this afternoon."

Lovely.
Yes but there are CF members staying behind to "help support allies". So while the Canadian evacuation process has ended, it is possible that CF members will still be on the ground in Afghanistan after August 31 to assist in other evacuations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mr. Apollo posted:

Yes but there are CF members staying behind to "help support allies". So while the Canadian evacuation process has ended, it is possible that CF members will still be on the ground in Afghanistan after August 31 to assist in other evacuations.

I still don't like any of this. We're leaving people behind because we left this to the last minute and now we're reliant on the possibility that a few more people can get out rather than a certainty that could be afforded by a well planned evacuation.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

"we will balance the budget! in 10 years time when all of us are out of politics and on the boards of private firms"

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Arc Hammer posted:

I still don't like any of this. We're leaving people behind because we left this to the last minute and now we're reliant on the possibility that a few more people can get out rather than a certainty that could be afforded by a well planned evacuation.
Oh I agree. The whole situation is horrible and all the countries that were involved with Afghanistan messed this up.

Cocaine Bear posted:

"we will balance the budget! in 10 years time when all of us are out of politics and on the boards of private firms"
And we won't be raising taxes or creating any new ones. How are we going to balance the budget without new taxes? ;)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Days like this I wish we had a Julian Byng around.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sashimi posted:

I just want you to know I appreciate this joke.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sashimi posted:

Fuckin lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://mobile.twitter.com/mikesbloggity/status/1430889814732066817

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Really starting to hate my province full of blowhard hypocrites.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

It's okay, the rest of Canada does too

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm still rolling my eyes that another, time-limited, single-use TFSA was seriously put forward as a policy idea.

I could understand a little if there was like a government-matching aspect to it or something, but it doesn't even have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

It's a handout to the people who don't need it, but at least it's not really useful to them either