Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the local tj maxx here in california had an outbreak and had to close so now i can't get ironic "breathe" themed home decor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Sphyre posted:

gimme the dang covid coexist gang tag

i thought the peppy use the boost one woulda made a better tag

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

mod sassinator posted:

like how the gently caress did we give every loving rightwing grifter who could form a LLC a PPP loan for new boats and cars and vacation homes, but we couldn't make a loving grant program so that a parent of a working household could take a 1 year family medical leave completely paid for entirely by the government

I'm still kinda pissed I didn't get in when I could. no one gives a gently caress about these scammers!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013

i choose to believe he was simply gay as poo poo

and therefore, cool

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

I desperately want to read this report but I don’t have $5500. does someone work somewhere that does have this princely sum? this is incredible content

METHODOLOGY

II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

1. MARKET OVERVIEW

Influencer Market Insights

World Market Trajectories

Rise in COVID-19 Cases Drives the Demand for Cadaver Bags

How Covid-19 Pandemic has Shattered the Global Economy

EXHIBIT 1: Top Countries Affected by COVID-19 Outbreak: Total Cases and Cases Per Million Population

Rising COVID-19 Death Toll Results in Spike in Cadaver Bags Demand

Total Number of Deaths due to COVID-19 from June 25 to July 12, 2020

COVID-19 Risk of Fatality by Comorbidity

Pandemic Response Plans Spur the Market for Cadaver Bags

Conceptual Designed Body Bags to Prevent Infections

Developed Regions Remain Primary Revenue Contributors

Developing Regions Exhibit Immense Growth Potential

2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS

SELECT WORLD BRANDS

3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS

Burgeoning Geriatric Population - A Key Demand Driver for Cadaver Bags

EXHIBIT 9: Global Population Statistics for the 65+ Age Group
in Million by Geographic Region for the Years 2019, 2025, 2035 and 2050

COVID-19 Deaths by Age Group: As Reported from New York City Health (as of May 13th 2020)

Increasing Prevalence of Chronic & Lifestyle Diseases to Propel Market Growth

EXHIBIT 2: Hypertension Prevalence (%) Worldwide by Region in Male and Females Aged 25+ Years

EXHIBIT 3: Percentage of Hypertension-Associated Deaths in
Various Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD)

EXHIBIT 4: Global Prevalence of COPD by Age Group (2016):
Percentage of Men and Women Affected by the Condition

EXHIBIT 5: Mortality Rates of COPD ('000s) by Select Geographic Region

Increasing Incidence of Infectious Diseases Results in
Increasing Number of Deaths

List of Infectious Disease and Respective Guidelines while
Handling Cadavers in England and Wales

Growing Incidence of Hospital Acquired Infections Propels
Market Growth

Increase in Natural Disasters and the Associated Deaths Drives the Demand for Cadaver Bags

EXHIBIT 6: Global Number of Extreme Weather Events & Losses (In US$ Billion) for the Years 2000, 2010, 2018, and 2022

Global Number of Losses due to Extreme Weather Events for the Years 2000, 2010, 2018, and 2022

Increasing Investments in Healthcare Infrastructure Enhance
Demand for Cadaver Bags

EXHIBIT 7: World Healthcare Expenditure (In US$ Trillion) for
the Years for 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023

Rising Deaths due to Cancer Spurs the Demand for Cadaver Bags

Total Number of Cancer Deaths by Type: 2018

Cancer Mortality by Region: 2018

EXHIBIT 8: Age-Standardized Incidence and Mortality Rates of All Cancers (per 100000 Population) by Region: 2018

Emergence of Purpose-Made Non-Porous Body Bags to Contain, Store and Transport Corpses

Redesigned Cadaver Bags Improve Identification of Victims in
War and Natural Disaster

Cadaver Bags with Effective Designs

Cling Film Plastic Wrap Emerge as Alternative to Cadaver Bags in Large-Scale Disasters

https://www.reportlinker.com/p05896564/Global-Cadaver-Bags-Industry.html?utm_source=GNW

we love it folks

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

mawarannahr posted:

he was probably gay

calculus.... is gay? you mean the kid behind me in 8th grade was right??

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Gresh posted:

talk to a relative of mine in Mississippi and he says the local Walmart has shutdown for 3 days because so many of the employees are out sick with covid and the shelves were literally empty because of it. They're bringing in help from other nearby stores to help.

seems fine

open biden

Lol this also happened at our local Walmart during an earlier surge. Walmart cares more about safety than our schools. loving Walmart lmao

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I can't believe I chose to move to Melbourne, the most locked down city in the world and still losing to delta, over my first choice of Adelaide, which has 4 covid deaths, because I thought the street life and economy would be more vibrant here lmao

haha, to be fair, melbourne normally rules.

my friend moved there and loves it... he bought an apartment there about a month before fcovid hit poor bastard.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol all their grand posturing over the past 30 years and this time it'll have actual consequences lmaooo

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

The Oldest Man posted:

Knowing your society is poison and doesn't value your life is probably a lot more stressful for a kid than learning bad people exist outside the scope of the rules or that sometimes clouds get angry

yeah it’s pretty bad to have everything you do taken away because other people can’t do basic things like wear masks or not go out to.

can’t play with friends but assholes can goto the bar. (gently caress you again madjackel btw)

mod sassinator posted:

we should have written every single household a $75k check and said "take this, work if you want... or not. also school is canceled this year and we'll work with your teachers to figure out how school will work next year" instead of printing $3T+ for wall street

yeah.

right at the beginning my wife wanted to sell our townhouse and move to a place with acreage and homeschool in the middle of no where. get animals go full hobby farm.

really should have done that instead of thinking they wouldn’t gently caress it all up.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Spoondick posted:

my mother in law is currently writing her attestation of mandatory vaccine exemption for "sincerely held religious beliefs" but she can't clearly describe her religious beliefs and why they preclude her from getting the vaccine because it's all dumbfuck lead poisoned boomer brained poo poo she saw on facebook so she's googling poo poo and plagiarizing it and might lose her job if they find out lol

actually whatever justification you give no matter how absurd is automatically valid so long as you mention religion, per the SCOTUS

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

ram dass in hell posted:

newton was an incel who stole credit for calculus, the nerdiest possible crime

Newton's notation for calculus sucks rear end too

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

we should put this guy in charge, seems like he knows what's up

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

A Gin Palace posted:

newton was a chad actually. he had to run away to the countryside during the 1665 london plague epidemic and he used his free time to invent calculus and the foundation of physics. he was also an antisocial goonlord recluse

I don't think you understand the Chad meme

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I hope they start duct taping people into chairs at these town halls and parent teacher meetings like they do on planes now.

It's the simple things in life that help me get through the day.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

lol when her kids die. I don't care anymore. im ready.

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013

Vox Nihili posted:

I don't think you understand the Chad meme

yeah you're right newton was actually a sigma

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

Ivermectin Jesus poo poo worms on the cross so you could be vax free

Dune gets weird yeah

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I don't think children can really understand this on that level unless they have been reading along with the thread for the last year. It's just general social upheaval destroying their ways of life and social lives for months and months. Also their parents have been fired and their landlords are trying to evict them.

this thread should be the source material for class lessons

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

saw my first mask rager yesterday. he saw the paper signs on QFC doors and scraped them off crumpled them off and stormed off to his car without going in.

he did not like my respirator.

store was back up to 100% masked inside.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I started keeping track of my resting heart rate thanks to this thread. My norm is 60s but when catching up on the covid thread and covid news it goes into high 90s lmao!!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Goobish posted:

I started keeping track of my resting heart rate thanks to this thread. My norm is 60s but when catching up on the covid thread and covid news it goes into high 90s lmao!!

not much of an exercise person but i think it's what they call "cardio"? it's supposed to be good for you

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

crepeface posted:

haha, to be fair, melbourne normally rules.

my friend moved there and loves it... he bought an apartment there about a month before fcovid hit poor bastard.

I bought an under construction apartment in a super high density area near the famed Chapel st restaurant/night life area in February 2020. :( Didn't get to move in until January 2021 due to covid construction delays and have lost about $50k in value already.

I love it here too still, but only because I have an "essential" job. Otherwise I would have been de facto deported like all other immigrants.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

saw my first mask rager yesterday. he saw the paper signs on QFC doors and scraped them off crumpled them off and stormed off to his car without going in.

he did not like my respirator.

store was back up to 100% masked inside.

whats the name for this mythical place

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i mean, this is always a safe bet on a long enough timeline

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
ummmmm it might get really grim in florida soon

https://www.wmfe.org/survey-68-florida-hospitals-have-less-than-48-hours-worth-of-oxygen/188797

quote:

The Florida Hospital Association is sounding the alarm, saying a survey shows 68 hospitals have less than a 48-hour supply of oxygen.

Hospitals are using three to four times as much oxygen as they were before the pandemic because more than 17,000 patients are hospitalized statewide with COVID-19. The FHA survey, which was done today, shows 68 hospitals have less than 48 hours worth of supply, with about half of these have less than 36 hours.

“This is not like running out of masks, right? This is life saving,” said Florida Hospital Association President Mary Mayhew. “And right now we’re focused on how to make sure that does not happen. And so hospitals have been raising these concerns, with the state, with the division of emergency management, with the governor’s office, and have raised these concerns federally.”

Mayhew says part of the problem is a lack of delivery drivers. But she is also worried that there is an oxygen supply problem.

Since July 1, 29 hospitals have seen their oxygen supply dip below 12 hours.

“They’re making frantic calls, trying to find where their driver is because they were supposed to get a delivery and now it’s 10 hours, 12 hours overdue,” Mayhew said.

the way this went in india was total chaos after hospitals lost oxygen. families and people started buying oxygen and oxygen cylinders themselves and driving to have them filled, taken to the hospital, etc. people fought over it and there were almost certainly slayings or deaths from it.

poo poo's going to get wild in an american state when the same happens and 12 gauge ammo is cheaper and more available than oxygen cylinders

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

man i gotta actively remind myself that these are people who the system have failed. they've been lied to and led into this kind of belligerent ignorance. otherwise, my mind just starts thinking about what a stress they are on healthcare and what kind of care they "deserve" compared to people doing the right thing (reading this thread)

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Spoondick posted:

my mother in law is currently writing her attestation of mandatory vaccine exemption for "sincerely held religious beliefs" but she can't clearly describe her religious beliefs and why they preclude her from getting the vaccine because it's all dumbfuck lead poisoned boomer brained poo poo she saw on facebook so she's googling poo poo and plagiarizing it and might lose her job if they find out lol

It’s weird to think about being given a situation where you have to write down your sincerely held beliefs about something and going “oh gently caress, uhhhhhh” and having to google it.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuka Umana posted:

in the 60s everyone thought the world was about to be destroyed by overpopulation and then nuclear winter and the ozone layer in the 80s

i think every generation recently has had a latent fear of societal collapse.

ah the good old days as a young millennial of thinking peak oil was the biggest problem on the horizon

It's too bad, it would have been a good thing for the planet if we ran out of economically extractable petroleum 10 years ago

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Remember tiger king that poo poo was dope. That part of covid was fun like yoo we all on forced vacation let's talk about Joe exotic

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

can Texas get a new all time record?
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1430696427924201477?s=20

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

https://www.wmfe.org/survey-68-florida-hospitals-have-less-than-48-hours-worth-of-oxygen/188797

the way this went in india was total chaos after hospitals lost oxygen. families and people started buying oxygen and oxygen cylinders themselves and driving to have them filled, taken to the hospital, etc. people fought over it and there were almost certainly slayings or deaths from it.

poo poo's going to get wild in an american state when the same happens and 12 gauge ammo is cheaper and more available than oxygen cylinders

*chuckles*

im in danger

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cr0y posted:

Remember tiger king that poo poo was dope. That part of covid was fun like yoo we all on forced vacation let's talk about Joe exotic

and trump refused to pardon him

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

thoughts and prayers

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

and trump refused to pardon him

OH YA THEY HAD A LIMO WAITING AT THE PRISON LMAOOO

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Covid will get worse weekly from now until November or December.
These are the good days. Jesus loving christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

Pretty hard to tell how much of that is logistics capacity that could be solved by moving people around or having the national guard drive trucks but I'll tell you what, if the oxygen supply does actually fail, the number of deaths is going to totally fail to shock people at all and nothing will be done, actually. I'm serious. People are going to nod sadly as they're informed that their family member died due to respiratory failure cough exacerbated by lack of oxygen and then go home. I'm not saying there won't be mass death on an unimaginable scale I'm saying our apparatus to suppress public rage is the only functioning thing left in this hell country and people will shut up or they'll be shut up.