Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hmm, yea ok troll.

I came to SA after playing MapleStory with goons. The first 5 years of this account were purely troll posts until I Becamed something more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
New Super Eye Patch Wolf video on Teppu is pretty sweet.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lube Enthusiast posted:

rip to the Freelance Astronauts who are all probably dead by now

one of them has made posts in this very subforum today

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Patware posted:

plus camui actually stops being that for the most part

One of the best parts of Iruma is how the Misfits start out as a bunch of stock characters but as we get to know them they grow and evolve. Like Sabro is still the hot-blooded rival type but he's also a massive history nerd and consitently one of the most reasonable and mature members of the class.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hmm, yea ok troll.

I came to SA after playing MapleStory with goons. The first 5 years of this account were purely troll posts until I Becamed something more.

Maple took up a lot of my childhood despite me never advancing past basix xbowman. Every time I try and look at what it's become now I just feel increddibly confused.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Y’know mistakes have been made when you are talking about your forums origin story

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's always like this with the new thread

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I’ve been posting like poo poo for a decade! There’s not much origin here

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

checks out

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I’m gonna gently caress your rear end

Tequ
Sep 5, 2009

That reminds me of reading the thread for the second season in disbelief and wondering if I'm the only sane person in this world or just really simple-minded for thinking that it's obvious that Endless Eight is going to be eight episodes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The older I get the more I appreciate Endless Eight as an anime studio really going bonkers insane in its willingness to do the auteur author thing. It's the kind of risk that I don't think we're ever going to see ever again and that's a little sad.

Maybe Trigger or Shaft could do something like it if they absolutely felt they needed to take a big risk to sell the narrative they want to sell.

That said I also didn't mind Endless Eight, it did drive me crazy if this week's episode was going to be the end of that arc or not but the idea seemed like fair play to me and when it did end my relief and headspace I think was really sold on feeling what Kyon was feeling.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/1el8qp.mp4

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I joined to play hit game team fortress 2 on goon servers and also to watch Zoraks fish let’s play

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

one of them has made posts in this very subforum today

yeah maxwell posts here sometimes

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Frolf means frog golf

e: I don't even know if this is ribbit king but it sure reminded me of it

Red Minjo fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 26, 2021

Eshomlod
Oct 10, 2012
Lurked for ages without signing up but eventually caved cause the paywalI went up and I really wanted to read one of chorocojo's pokemon lps with the cool art.

I still have a playlist of the audio from the freelance astronauts new super mario wii group lp I listen to once a year or so during work, really good times.

I poked my head in here occasionally but my interest in anime had waned a lot from when I was younger, though I did watch konosuba and kimetsu no yaiba. I've got piles of poo poo I've been meaning to read/watch but my brain is fickle and got hooked to vtubers instead.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Violen posted:

actually why am i posting in here im not supposed to be allowed in this forum or to talk to my friends after it was revealed i havent watched nichijou yet

watch

shirokuma cafe

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
I also joined when I was 20 lmao

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

how often is this updated?

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Oh hey, new chat thread.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Raenir Salazar posted:

The older I get the more I appreciate Endless Eight as an anime studio really going bonkers insane in its willingness to do the auteur author thing. It's the kind of risk that I don't think we're ever going to see ever again and that's a little sad.

Maybe Trigger or Shaft could do something like it if they absolutely felt they needed to take a big risk to sell the narrative they want to sell.

That said I also didn't mind Endless Eight, it did drive me crazy if this week's episode was going to be the end of that arc or not but the idea seemed like fair play to me and when it did end my relief and headspace I think was really sold on feeling what Kyon was feeling.

Endless Eight sucked, but also I'm really happy I live in a world where it was made.

The sheer balls of it.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Knorth posted:

watch

shirokuma cafe

:hmmyes:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Knorth posted:

watch

shirokuma cafe

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

checks out

classic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i liked when slowbeef did a dangan ronpa video with lowtax and slowbeef clearly liked dangan ronpa but lowtax kept making fun of the game while slowbeef went 'haha, yeah, this is stupid anime bullshit...'

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I liked when someone made a gif of the time in his Dark Souls playthrough when he got wombo-combo'd going through a fog gate and people on reddit said the gif was clearly staged because no one could be that bad at the game.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It was funny when they had to censor Jotaro smoking.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

i liked when slowbeef did a dangan ronpa video with lowtax and slowbeef clearly liked dangan ronpa but lowtax kept making fun of the game while slowbeef went 'haha, yeah, this is stupid anime bullshit...'

I'm glad SA isn't like it used to be, where you had to pretend to have a raging hate boner for anime, lest you be mocked by everyone else on the forums

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
there was a retsupurae jojo ep?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

I'm glad SA isn't like it used to be, where you had to pretend to have a raging hate boner for anime, lest you be mocked by everyone else on the forums
tbf a lot of places on sa are still like that lol, like gbs

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

gonna start watching jojo :cheersdoge:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lol Promare is somehow on HBO Max should check it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

tbf a lot of places on sa are still like that lol, like gbs

and PYF

anyway school zone is really good and has some of the best expressions in a manga

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Patware posted:

harvester legit traumatized me as a child. i became unreasonably pants-shittingly terrified of ever upsetting a staff member in school because of the baseball bat scene. probably something i should not have been permitted to play

plus camui actually stops being that for the most part

Yeah I noticed he was able to like..Be an actual character during the Walter Park arc. I was happy! Glad it wasn't a one time thing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plutonis posted:

Lol Promare is somehow on HBO Max should check it

It's fun, though it definitely dragged in the last third imo. Also how do you feel about triangles?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ThingOne posted:

One of the best parts of Iruma is how the Misfits start out as a bunch of stock characters but as we get to know them they grow and evolve. Like Sabro is still the hot-blooded rival type but he's also a massive history nerd and consitently one of the most reasonable and mature members of the class.
sabro is legit one of the most interesting characters in the entire series yeah

can't wait until we get some kind of Council of 13 Demon Lords or something, no doubt during the epilogue of the series, that they've been alluding to for most of the series

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the only thing I know about maplestory is that this music track has been in my music folder for 11 years and I have no recollection of downloading it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfgBDs8z6WE

I don't think I've ever seen more than a screenshot of the game but heard it mentioned many times over the years. what was so appealing about it?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I remember trying to play Maple Story when it first came out and I didn't know what I was doing and accidentally didn't distribute my stats correctly so I couldn't become a Thief without leveling up a few more times and I just never touched it again. Missed out on something special I could tell. RIP!

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Invictus posted:

the only thing I know about maplestory is that this music track has been in my music folder for 11 years and I have no recollection of downloading it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfgBDs8z6WE

I don't think I've ever seen more than a screenshot of the game but heard it mentioned many times over the years. what was so appealing about it?

At the time? it had a cute aesthetic, my friends played it, and very importantly it was free. being young and able to wake up at 3am to sneak in a few hours of grinding zombies in El Nath for that sweet uncontested 12% xp/hr helped too; the more sleep I gave up the quicker I could carry my more responsible guildmates with my ~3rd job~

would never go back tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The big drawing point was that it was free lol. And when the grind eventually became too much, it morphed into a chatroom you could walk around in. Very much a time & place thing