Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

gschmidl posted:

...a CSBcast landed on my phone just earlier?

The 3-week break is probably after this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MorningMoon posted:

Get TierZoo to cover for Woolie so Pat can talk about Guilty Gear, KoF, FFXIV and MonHun to a guy desperately trying to escape.
Just get Pat to stream with Paige and Plague for hours rambling about anything. Again.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I don't want to hear Plague talk about anything for more than 5 minutes.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I just want to see Pat and Slowbeef talk again. His guest spot on Slowbeef's old podcast was really fun to listen to.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Pennsylvanian posted:

I just want to see Pat and Slowbeef talk again. His guest spot on Slowbeef's old podcast was really fun to listen to.

Castle Super Beast 133: OLD MEN are the future!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Neo_Crimson posted:

*Sits and talks about how some rock in Dark Souls 2 is so misplaced and it's why a game is bad for two hours*

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Yardbomb posted:

*Sits and talks about how some rock in Dark Souls 2 is so misplaced and it's why a game is bad for two hours*

To be uh "fair" he also dislikes Bloodborne, DS3, and probably Sekiro because he's from some dark mirror universe that loves the turtle-y dungeon crawler aspect of the DeS and DS1.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

To be uh "fair" he also dislikes Bloodborne, DS3, and probably Sekiro because he's from some dark mirror universe that loves the turtle-y dungeon crawler aspect of the DeS and DS1.

Even in DS1 he would get mad at stuff like quillions on the claymore not being historically accurate for him, because they're the wrong shape.

I know it's in his name and all, but the guy makes goons look sunny and un-cynical.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Eli should just play the King's Field games so he can join a much smaller and less vocal community that's easier to ignore than soulsborne SuperFans,

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The last time I paid attention to anything Eli said was when he was a big proponent of "why would there be LGBT people here!?!?!?" regarding Mass Effect Andromeda.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
OH MY GOD I NEVER KNEW THE MEME WAS REAL. HOLY poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fRuoMIfpw&hd=1

IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS IN THE GAME. I am losing it what the hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfxZYAOnljA&hd=1&t=9124s

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Invictus posted:

OH MY GOD I NEVER KNEW THE MEME WAS REAL. HOLY poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fRuoMIfpw&hd=1

IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS IN THE GAME. I am losing it what the hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfxZYAOnljA&hd=1&t=9124s

I tuned in just in time for that and it was magical :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't think anyone mentioned it but Liam did a TWEWY demo video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsn3SOvOKZw&hd=1

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I mentioned those weird Pokemon features hidden behind weird NPCs and trading to friends in Discord. I wanted to make sure they were true, because Pat and Woolie can just sometimes spout half-truths. Everyone said it was true, but there is one guy defending the decisions to the hilt. He's calling Pat and Woolie "kids" who "obviously never played a Pokemon game before." He thinks that hiding easy mode behind inter-game trading to be brilliant. I've got to say that out of all of the fanboys out there, Nintendo fanboys are even crazier than the Star Shitizens.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think there's a small degree of rationale behind the sound settings thing in SwSh - it's not the ability to change the volume, but to adjust specific volumes (ie: turn off the music or sfx) - which has never really been a thing in the series before, (or really most nintendo handheld and console games I think?) so gamefreak views it as more of a bonus then a typical feature that games have.

Don't get me wrong, it's silly, but I half imagine it was made into an item to try to draw attention to it as a new feature? But then it's also missable because it's just some random NPC.

The easy mode thing is just comical though. Again, it's victim to what feels like this mentality of "its a new thing, so it needs to be special" as well as the typical pokemon games interdependency stuff.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i respect the pokemon company for making so many of their settings and gameplay elements diagetic

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Pennsylvanian posted:

I mentioned those weird Pokemon features hidden behind weird NPCs and trading to friends in Discord. I wanted to make sure they were true, because Pat and Woolie can just sometimes spout half-truths. Everyone said it was true, but there is one guy defending the decisions to the hilt. He's calling Pat and Woolie "kids" who "obviously never played a Pokemon game before." He thinks that hiding easy mode behind inter-game trading to be brilliant. I've got to say that out of all of the fanboys out there, Nintendo fanboys are even crazier than the Star Shitizens.

On behalf of the greater Pokemon fanbase, that guy is an idiot and no one likes the easy / hard modes being hidden like that.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Vandar posted:

On behalf of the greater Pokemon fanbase, that guy is an idiot and no one likes the easy / hard modes being hidden like that.

It must have been a relief for the fanbase then when Gamefreak axed difficulties altogether for future gen games. :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It made me happy when I replayed White 2 a year ago that thanks to the power of emulation, I could go into Challenge Mode right away.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'm just dropping in to say that aside from poor Narumi getting bullied, I'm really enjoying the Raidou LP and hope everyone else is too since this thread has been a bit slow these days. :)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

They’re off again this week and back the next, yes?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Warbird posted:

They’re off again this week and back the next, yes?
They're off for another two weeks. Woolie's on his honeymoon.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 6, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Lord drat. Good on them, but mercy. Thankfully Giant Bomb is picking up the slack these days.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Yardbomb posted:

Twitch chat is actually pretty cool

It's realtime youtube comments, twitch chat is garbage and one of the worst parts of streaming culture by far

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nah, pretty much any stream I frequent is good and cool people just talking about the game and dumb stuff, mainly just don't watch big streamers or shitheads I guess.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Twitch chat currently encompasses hate brigades.

Until it doesn't, twitch chat loving sucks rear end.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
The bigger the streamer the worse the chat becomes. I've only had good experiences with it too, definitely better than youtube stream chat

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yeah this is really easy, it's not an all or nothing, wow the loudmouth rear end in a top hat with 1000000 viewers chat who they don't moderate in any way is gonna be an absolute cesspit, no way never, smaller to middling streamers who actually cultivate a better community are great, except that takes effort and it means putting a stance about literally anything out is a requirement, which is anathema to grifters and people just coasting for the money. I don't think this LGBT streamer I regularly watch who very quickly shuts down lovely people is running a hate brigade chat or anything of the like.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 11, 2021

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah this is really easy, it's not an all or nothing, wow the loudmouth rear end in a top hat with 1000000 viewers chat who they don't moderate in any way is gonna be an absolute cesspit, no way never, smaller to middling streamers who actually cultivate a better community are great, except that takes effort and it means putting a stance about literally anything out is a requirement, which is anathema to grifters and people just coasting for the money. I don't think this LGBT streamer I regularly watch who very quickly shuts down lovely people is running a hate brigade chat or anything of the like.

My problem is twitch as a platform is not doing anything about people using bots to use chat as a vector to harass (usually minority) streamers, and if anything is putting the responsibility on the owner of the stream to deal with their own chat when they are being harassed.

Chat as like, a feature, is currently poo poo.

Chat as a conglomerate of voices, varies from streamer to streamer, but I almost always have to turn it off for anything but the smaller streamers because it's just noise and/or toxcity.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

That dumb bot poo poo that's been happening to people again lately I can definitely agree on at least.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just save myself the trouble and don't engage with any activity that has more than 6 participants.

Exceptions can be made if we start with more but the plan is to kill most of them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Day9 does it right. Sub only chat, moratorium on spamming emotes, one word messages, etc. Helps a ton in making it legible even with a significant stream viewership.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RareAcumen posted:

I just save myself the trouble and don't engage with any activity that has more than 6 participants.

Exceptions can be made if we start with more but the plan is to kill most of them.

You're missing out on some fun 12-men orgies, your loss!

well i guess maybe if it's one of those murder orgies you're still in

But for real Twitch chat can be fun to hang out in depending on the streamer you're watching, but you always get lovely drive-bys.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Good news about Twitch, at least.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1436419460991229958?s=20

It's a start.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Neo_Crimson posted:

Except Dragonball Z. Those video essays are legit the only Plague content outside his animations and Youtube Comments I've enjoyed.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

Except Dragonball Z. Those video essays are legit the only Plague content outside his animations and Youtube Comments I've enjoyed.

:hmmno:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Doesn’t Plague hate Super though?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Plague is the kind of person who gives the most criticism to the things that he likes, which is why he has so much poo poo to talk about DBZ and Super.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Doesn’t Plague hate Super though?

Plague actually likes Super, but being Plague, that's indistinguishable from hating it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Woolie well on his way to did vibes now. Good for Woolie.

Still no show this week, yes?