Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't put "dressing" on salad because I'm not a toddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I put vinegar on it, is that dressing?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't put "dressing" on salad because I'm not a toddler.

Salad without dressing isn't even salad, it's just vegetables.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Salad is just vegetables.

You almost got it yourself...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Eating lettuce mix out of the bag like Doritos, because I'm an adult with taste

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lettuce is sold in pots.

E: that's not an opinion, I'm just educating you

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Probably phuo considering how many salads seem to have them: nuts don't belong in salads. Every salad i've had with pecans or whatever thrown in has been dry as hell unless you ask for extra dressing.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm going to expand that and say that with the exception of Kung Pao chicken, nuts don't belong in food at all.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
What about peanut butter? Or tail mix? Or peanut M&Ms. The best M&M.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You guys have gone mad

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Robobot posted:

What about peanut butter? Or tail mix? Or peanut M&Ms. The best M&M.

Fair point: peanut butter is OK.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I think "don't belong in food" is too far, but i'll stand by my nuts in salad stance. Obviously peanut butter is good and they can be good in dessert (although really they're mostly good because of the sugar/syrup coating them than their nut flavor).

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’ll second that nuts don’t belong in food. Get them outta here!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Robobot posted:

adorable passive-aggressive

:concerned:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I nut in all my food

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I nut in all my food

:hmmyes:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I nut in all my food

Me too.

I just hope no-one nuts in MY food.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Salad is nice.

Mayo is kind of dull.

The book of Job is a nihilist work.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

do europeans still add tobacco to their blunts?

gently caress that

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

hawowanlawow posted:

gently caress that

A joint is not a blunt, and blunts aren't really that big a thing.

We mostly vape it these days though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tobacco is far more enjoyable to smoke than Marijuana.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
phuo: soured cream is the best salad dressing. especially the fattier eastern european varieties

related phuo: the best salad is just chopped tomatoes, soured cream, salt and pepper

nurmie has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Aug 25, 2021

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

gently caress that

That’s called a spliff and they’re also fine.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Tobacco is far more enjoyable to smoke than Marijuana.

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I saw some people in another thread complaining about how hard it is for body builders to eat a lot of food. Which is of course absurd, it's extremely easy to eat a lot of food, most Americans do it every day.

But it made me realize that a gym guy could probably do pretty well pushing chankonabe for bodybuilders in the west. If anything, it's weird that it hasn't already caught on. You could sell premade broth in GMC under brand names like Super Samurai Bulk or whatever. A cookbook, youtube videos, there's definitely money to be made for someone in chanko.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I used to have to eat 4000 calories a day and it sucked rear end.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I used to have to eat 4000 calories a day and it sucked rear end.

Did you even consider chanko?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Most of the calories in chankonabe is from the rice or nobles it's served with.

Which I'm sure no bodybuilder has ever thought of eating before.

Anyway most sumo wrestlers are the fat kids parents wanted to get rid of. Most bodybuilders probably aren't naturally big eaters.

Bodybuilders don't got poo poo on strongman diets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7eCcpevRoo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw8gAORT9oA

Idk man

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I just think the old line of "if the fun stops you should stop doing something" applies in this instance!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Josef bugman posted:

I just think the old line of "if the fun stops you should stop doing something" applies in this instance!

I mean, I had a ton of stuff I was doing that I really enjoyed, but having a break even point of 4k calories was loving rough. I was lifting weights 3-4 times a week, running 8 miles a day five days a week, and doing 2 2 hour Krav Maga classes a week. It was great and I was in phenomenal shape but I also had to set alarms to remind me to eat a protein bar between classes and poo poo like that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Being a former fat kid helps when you're at that level. I used to do poo poo like kayak for 8 hours then demolish the local Mandarin.

Also helps to embrace mortality, cuz it's way harder to hit high calorie levels when you're trying to do it all on chicken breast and broccoli.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Josef bugman posted:

It's obviously an obsession or compulsion that drives them to eat, train (and take PEDs) like that.

silence_kit has a new favorite as of 10:49 on Aug 26, 2021

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I mean I can, and have, eaten 4000 cal, but only through scarfing down a lot of chocolate in a very swift amount of time. I don't think it's good for you though in any way, shape, or form.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
I don't think that eating a 4000 calorie daily diet of chicken, rice and broccoli while training often with weights is unhealthy, but the people who do it aren't doing it for health reasons.

I'm not sure how credible the following information is, but I have heard that calorie restriction is supposed to lengthen your lifespan.

Doing some strength training is supposed to be healthy though as you get up in age--it prevents your bones and muscles from atrophying from a sedentary lifestyle, and helps to prevent things like back and hip injuries.

silence_kit has a new favorite as of 11:00 on Aug 26, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
A lot of pro athletes and such die young while still in seemingly good shape. Although there's prolly compounding factors there, like drugs, or the crash dieting and deliberate dehydration bodybuilders, wrestlers, and actors do so they can look cartoonishly swole as possible.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Has muscles/is strong does not always mean healthy.

A lot of these extreme fitness routines put a lot of stress and wear on the heart that can't be repaired easily (and can often go undiagnosed), and slowly turn knees and other joints into a fine dust.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

silence_kit posted:

I'm not sure how credible the following information is, but I have heard that calorie restriction is supposed to lengthen your lifespan.

I've also been hearing this from some legit science sources, but with everything to do with nutrition and calories, a lot of it is guesswork.

The idea Ive been hearing is if you eat under a certain amount, you body literally slows down cell replication, and cells reproducing poorly is the cause of all aging and nearly all cancers.

That being said, people underweight are more likely to die if ever hospitalized than people overweight, so who knows what the healthiest body size is.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Has muscles/is strong does not always mean healthy.

A lot of these extreme fitness routines put a lot of stress and wear on the heart that can't be repaired easily (and can often go undiagnosed), and slowly turn knees and other joints into a fine dust.

Both strong man and sumo wrestler diets push 10-12k calories a day. They're basically running their bodies on turbo.

The average lifespan of a sumo wrestler is about 20 years less than the average Japanese person and I would guess it would be similar for strong persons too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
What good is living into your 80s if you can't tell people that you were once able to throw a keg over a twenty foot bar?