Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Fame Douglas posted:

What are you not agreeing with? That the US tax code could be simplified and automated filing be implemented? Why? Is this the US "we can't do better things"-spirit?

And why would the amount of people in a country matter at all to the feasibility of this?

shut the gently caress up about taxes dude

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Today feels like a bug day. Likely nothing will change

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So anyway, my co worker has been coughing all day. That isn't great. Closed my office door but uh yeah. It's a traditional closed office, not an open one.

Still, RIP.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The product is a parasite remover.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
They are doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on the horse paste.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ivermectin/comments/pbmryd/there_is_no_evidence_whatsoever_that_ivermectin/

This looks to me like a carefully crafted astroturf combined with a cultivated army of morons.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

euphronius posted:

they should waive 401k penalties in emergencies like a multi year pandemic

I understand why the penalties exist but they are a reminder of why people that aren't comfortable and confident in their future often don't have a 401k or other retirement accounts. It doesn't help to have a bunch of money in savings that you can't access if you are underwater right now.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/brenontheroad/status/1429624844379824129

???????????

Google Butt posted:

yeah? Who's gonna reset your password for you 26 times a week huh?

I write my password down on paper

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mifepristone kills covid

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

2020s A.D. ASMR~ ICU Nurse Makes Tiktok of How hosed You Are {You Have the COVID}
https://i.imgur.com/mr5SSwV.mp4

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 26, 2021

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

let's check in on the local paper down in Southern Oregon:

ah

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

They are doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on the horse paste.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ivermectin/comments/pbmryd/there_is_no_evidence_whatsoever_that_ivermectin/

This looks to me like a carefully crafted astroturf combined with a cultivated army of morons.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/972534838057230336?lang=en

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Google Butt posted:

shut the gently caress up about taxes dude

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

mood

https://twitter.com/EmojiMashupBot/status/1430923016578519042

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Thoguh posted:

I understand why the penalties exist but they are a reminder of why people that aren't comfortable and confident in their future often don't have a 401k or other retirement accounts. It doesn't help to have a bunch of money in savings that you can't access if you are underwater right now.

401ks were never meant to replace pensions. But 401ks cost our capitalist overlords must less money. As such, we have a system that doesn't work because 401ks were designed as a supplemental retirement account. Imagine if we had only IRAs to fund us to retirement because our captialist overlords realized THOSE cost them even less because you own the account, instead of them.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Covok posted:

So anyway, my co worker has been coughing all day. That isn't great. Closed my office door but uh yeah. It's a traditional closed office, not an open one.

Still, RIP.

Wear a half mask you fool

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Ivermectin is apparently also part of some crazy mold detox regimen. Explains why I’ve seen an upswing in patients coming to the ER telling me they have mold exposure then looking at me hopefully.

Anyway I seem to be recovering nicely and will be back on the frontlines in a week. Thank you all for the well wishes and support!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

What are you not agreeing with? That the US tax code could be simplified and automated filing be implemented? Why? Is this the US "we can't do better things"-spirit?

And why would the amount of people in a country matter at all to the feasibility of this?

ideally we would be in a world wide a communist state without the need for taxes . to answer your question it could be simplified some. as I mentioned the previous 1040ez before trunp was straight forward and did not require any computer software. it was literally two pages and you looked up your agi on a tax table . any further simplification would be a more general total reform of the entire us income tax system which considering tis about the only federal government system that works would be a bit of a struggle and just push the “bureaucracy” to some other agency

if you say that attempting social engineering through income tax is stupid yes i agree see my first sentence.

also bureaucracy isn’t a bad thing lol. it’s how humans organize

i think the differences in complications between taxing a multiethnic country of 350+ million people with over 100 years of income tax history and multiple layers of sovereign governments and taxing say like Estonia are obvious but if they aren’t idk know man

Covok
May 27, 2013

Google Butt posted:

Wear a half mask you fool

I mean, I already wear a mask at the office, but we are doing that dumb "half WFH, half in office alternating thing."

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I don’t know who came up with “well if I’m so wrong and stupid then why are you noticing it,” but I wish they’d died as a child. If it was a lot of people, same answer rolling through all of the past and future.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

First the ignore you
Then they laugh at you
Then they ventilate you

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Covok posted:

I mean, I already wear a mask at the office, but we are doing that dumb "half WFH, half in office alternating thing."

No, I mean wear an elastomeric respirator

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Decon posted:

It's a complete scam so that TurboTax and the like can keep making billions. The IRS knows drat well exactly how much money you owe. The layers of needless complication just scare people into giving lovely corporations money, and better enable the ultra-rich to pay nothing in taxes.

That's only true if literally everything you have is reported on a W-2, K-1, 1099, 1098, etc. If you're self-employed, the IRS and state tax authorities have no way to know how much in expenses you have to reduce the taxable business income, so unless you're proposing a gross receipts tax, you'd still need to file returns if you have a Schedule C, partnership, S-Corporation, etc.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1430919006177878017

https://twitter.com/Bease11/status/1430882855522082820

Posting through it

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

2020s A.D. ASMR~ ICU Nurse Makes Tiktok of How hosed You Are {You Have the COVID}
https://i.imgur.com/m9Jal33.mp4

lmao gently caress, this thread owns so hard

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

ok but lollapalooza was SAFE

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

[COVID-19] I don’t think the online doctor will help

Apr 7, 2003

I'd have some faith in stuff like this making a difference if, you know, we weren't on the fourth wave of people dying horribly painful unnecessary deaths but they keep sticking their head in the woodchipper anyway.

This is basically a mass suicide event.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Today feels like a bug day. Likely nothing will change

The biggest/worst news dumps are on Fridays, and it’s gotten to the point where I now dread Friday afternoons because of it. I’m afraid of the dumps.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

smanguish

Apr 7, 2003

meet girls at the store posted:

I’m afraid of the dumps.

It's just the early toxins leaving

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mod sassinator posted:

ok but lollapalooza was SAFE

more people went to lollapalooza than live in those areas without ICU beds

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Horseshoe theory posted:

That's only true if literally everything you have is reported on a W-2, K-1, 1099, 1098, etc. If you're self-employed, the IRS and state tax authorities have no way to know how much in expenses you have to reduce the taxable business income, so unless you're proposing a gross receipts tax, you'd still need to file returns if you have a Schedule C, partnership, S-Corporation, etc.

So the IRS defaults to a basic return unless you file a fancy return for your scorp that manufactures monocles out whatever. The kind of people worried about that stuff can hire an accountant, most Americans just earn wages and get a refund, the IRS could handle that easily.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'd have some faith in stuff like this making a difference if, you know, we weren't on the fourth wave of people dying horribly painful unnecessary deaths but they keep sticking their head in the woodchipper anyway.

This is basically a mass suicide event.

also prob doesn’t help that when u flip to the next video it’s some guy showing how to make some bomb looking carne asada or a cute dog running around or whatever

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

If there were going to be some information or event that made everybody (or much of anybody) come to their senses and act right, I think it would be more likely that that event would be in the past year and a half than in the future. For a minute there we at least had novelty and the fear of the unknown, and those aren’t in the math any more. It’s just a bunch of shrugging at corpses from here on out

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

WampaLord posted:

i googled funeral industry stocks the other day

top two are CSV and SCI and they're having great years

my neighbor works for the bottom company and they pretty much own all of the funeral homes. the ones that seem local are owned by SCI. they buy them up and maintain the local connection.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Real Mean Queen posted:

If there were going to be some information or event that made everybody (or much of anybody) come to their senses and act right, I think it would be more likely that that event would be in the past year and a half than in the future. For a minute there we at least had novelty and the fear of the unknown, and those aren’t in the math any more. It’s just a bunch of shrugging at corpses from here on out

yeah the $600 a month bernie bucks will increasingly look like the freak anomaly that it was. it could only have happened in those frantic early days

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My husband is 75 years old and 290 pounds. He’s always been healthy …

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Also friendly reminder that most hospitals/ ER’s have less staffing now than before COVID19 was a thing.

LEAN thinking consultants made huge inroads into medical staffing and sold hospital administrators on the idea that they could save so much money if they staffed their facilities like a small business instead of like a fire department.

Administration was patting themselves on the back and crowing about eliminating inefficiencies and decreasing wasted inventories…. Then Delta hit and there’s no extra staff and the supply chain is hosed.