Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I've been saying for a while now that we should probably try and get or lobby to get commercials and huge newspaper ads and poo poo of just children and young adults on ECMO and ventilators. loving shame and shock these morons.

That doesn't seem very happy and positive, no thank you! FOOTBALL IS BACK BABY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
watching a youtube video about people traveling to cons all last week and this week. sili-con this weekend! cons in orlando! the world is back baby!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol even south korea is calling for TRIPS

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tzen posted:

“We have a long-planned trip to Hawaii. My spouse and I are both vaccinated, but our children are too young to be vaccinated. It’s right before school starts back in person. We are thinking of canceling. Are we being too cautious and needlessly disappointing ourselves and our kids? — Anonymous

but hawaii is important to my developmental arc as a main character american citizen, I have to go to fulfill the plot and you are telling me there are forces out there that are shaping my destiny??? that is a fundamental violation of my right and unamerican! only i shape my destiny!!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Tzen posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/tips/hawaii-travel-kids-delta-variant-covid/

Patrick said he believes that there is risk in everything that we do, and that those risks can be minimized with some planning.

“If you can go and you’re not going to a really crowded place, I think it’s still a good idea [to travel] if you keep those precautions in mind in terms of wearing a face mask, social distancing and washing your hands often,” he said.

While he supports families taking similar precautions as they did in 2020, he doesn’t think they need to hunker down at home.

“Mental health is important and getting away and taking a vacation, especially as a family, is also important,” he said.

That being said, Hawaii is not the right place for your family vacation at this time.

fuckin lollin that the bottom 85% of America is just frantically figuring out how to not die while still bringing in an income for the foreseeable future while the lib upper crust are emphasizing how important it is to take your vacations and keep your polyamory gently caress pod running smoothly and are shocked at the backlash they're getting.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Hunter S. Thompson killed himself

counterpoint: no he didn’t

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol my wife refuses to get the vaccine and we literally fight about it every other day. I send her articles and videos and screenshots of people dying on facebook and she just ignores everything and thinks her immune system is great and will fight off anything. she's basically blocked my phone# at this point. not sure what else to do. I'm worried for my kids and feeling kinda helpless. soooo uhhh yeah lol?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Tzen posted:

“We have a long-planned trip to Hawaii. My spouse and I are both vaccinated, but our children are too young to be vaccinated. It’s right before school starts back in person. We are thinking of canceling. Are we being too cautious and needlessly disappointing ourselves and our kids? — Anonymous

wow you found the australian prime minister's account

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stop trying to take our boosters away. America first.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

euphronius posted:

boomers have huge real estate wealth in addition to their 401ks

they also had no student loan debt during their peak earning years

Yeah, that is going to be a big issue. Honestly, poo poo is going to get real hosed. I am convinced COVID is only rhe first of many mass death events over the next 100 years. Boomers financially ruined younger generations. Wealth inequality will only get worse. It really feels like a house of cards.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Lastgirl posted:

incredible

but also weren't nurses just quitting en masse because the unvaccinated are demoralizing them

yeah.

turned out that capitalism's attempt to weaponize nurses' empathy to keep wages down doesn't work when the nurses smile in response to "they'll die if you don't come in!"

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol my wife refuses to get the vaccine and we literally fight about it every other day. I send her articles and videos and screenshots of people dying on facebook and she just ignores everything and thinks her immune system is great and will fight off anything. she's basically blocked my phone# at this point. not sure what else to do. I'm worried for my kids and feeling kinda helpless. soooo uhhh yeah lol?

Get COVID on purpose and pass it to her. It's the only solution.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

That doesn't seem very happy and positive, no thank you! FOOTBALL IS BACK BABY!

Well I mean the ideal solution and the one that would make me feel better is just rounding up these dangerous fucks and throwing them in cells forever, whether or not they get the vaccine, because they are clearly too dangerous and destructive to ever be allowed safely into society, but hey. Baby steps.

Also maybe it's just my perception, but it feels to me like this Ivermectin stuff has WAY more traction and power behind it than HQC even did. Is it because, unlike HQC it's much easier for the random chud to get Ivermectin and 'self-medicate' or is it something else? Or am I just underestimating how widespread HQC was?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

loling at the idea of a US bankruptcy trustee running a hospital

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I got the third shot.

This is the single worst feeling I've ever had in my life. I felt like I was driving home while having a bad trip. I got lost! I almost got in two accidents!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Get your kids vaccinated as soon as able and safe, drat the consequences with your wife.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nodelphi posted:

What’s really sad is a lot of hospitals are legit on the edge of bankruptcy. They stay in business largely off of surgeries and fees from procedures. Now that those have been severely curtailed two years in a row, I think it’s only a matter of time before we see large numbers of hospitals going under.

*feeble idiot brain*: trust in medicine, the hospitals and medical providers will take care of you better than you ever could yourself

*powerful, wise brain*: trust in herbs and essential oils, you will survive after the medical collapse and become the village witch/medicine man

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lastgirl posted:

but hawaii is important to my developmental arc as a main character american citizen, I have to go to fulfill the plot and you are telling me there are forces out there that are shaping my destiny??? that is a fundamental violation of my right and unamerican! only i shape my destiny!!!

it times like these it feel like white lotus is a documentary

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

watching a youtube video about people traveling to cons all last week and this week. sili-con this weekend! cons in orlando! the world is back baby!

https://twitter.com/slaveboi1/status/1430333648461467651

https://twitter.com/slaveboi1/status/1430719329935396864

https://twitter.com/slaveboi1/status/1430753702810243074

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao add'em to the spreadsheet
seriously though :rip: to your spouse

edit, seriously seriously though, get the gently caress out with your kids while you can

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Your wife is, sadly, likely unreachable but your kids aren't. What's your Relationship? Do you have custody of the kids?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

who is the one updating the goon marriage spreadsheet?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

cheer up, at least your contributions will be remembered in the valhalla of gooncoviddivorces.xls

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

oh god wait is that an actual post and not a reddit quote

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

going to drive around to find a third shot

should I try cvs first ?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
so professional football player Luke Willson retired today:

https://twitter.com/LWillson_82/status/1430625755545755648?s=20

and then I looked up what a pericardial effusion was

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pericardial_effusion?wprov=sfti1

and then I looked up "pericardial effusion Covid" and found this

https://academic.oup.com/ehjcr/article/4/FI1/1/5903170

which said this:

quote:

Presumably rare, we reported three cases of pericardial effusions (PEs) occurring in a single cardiology centre.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

if this isn't a copypaste then gently caress sorry dude.

Apr 7, 2003

Tzen posted:

lmao add'em to the spreadsheet
seriously though :rip: to your spouse

odds are likely that his wife never suffers any negative consequences for this behavior and that this pandemic will only strengthen and perpetuate it.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

1) vaccinate your kids
2) get a lawyer

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

who is the one updating the goon marriage spreadsheet?

we easily have more than a couple dozen goon marriages destroyed in the past 18 months

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Anyone know if it's possible to get a quantitative antibody test without a doctor ordering it? I'd love to have some raw data about myself as opposed to just a yes/no from a regular AB test, mainly because I am a huge loving nerd.

And also maybe let someone study the effects of the booster to contribute something back.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1430929282952433666

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

we easily have more than a dozen goon marriages destroyed in the past 18 months

did anyone keep track of the normal goon divorce rate pre-COVID. it had to be pretty high already.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Nodelphi posted:

What’s really sad is a lot of hospitals are legit on the edge of bankruptcy. They stay in business largely off of surgeries and fees from procedures. Now that those have been severely curtailed two years in a row, I think it’s only a matter of time before we see large numbers of hospitals going under.

COVID causes the collapse of our private healthcare system is believable, especially as some COVID treatments can't be billed for. That might be, not to be gross, the shot in the arm for America to finally fix it's healthcare system, if like numerous places literally have no hospitals so a car accident becomes a death sentence in rural areas.

But I doubt it.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

in lighthearted news

:btroll:

Apr 7, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

we easily have more than a couple dozen goon marriages destroyed in the past 18 months

one of my brothers (who posts on this forum) got divorced due to covid friction. whoops

Covok
May 27, 2013

Tzen posted:

in lighthearted news

Guess I am going to Krispy Kreme.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Tzen posted:

in lighthearted news

Multiple Krispy kreames actually leads to heavy heart syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Covok posted:

COVID causes the collapse of our private healthcare system is believable, especially as some COVID treatments can't be billed for. That might be, not to be gross, the shot in the arm for America to finally fix it's healthcare system, if like numerous places literally have no hospitals so a car accident becomes a death sentence in rural areas.

But I doubt it.

It won't be. It takes an enormous amount of political organization, effort, and above all credibility to successfully do a total rebuild of a sophisticated medical network after mass collapse. There isn't a single political entity in the entire country right now that has even 1/10th of what's needed. It'll take decades to recover, if ever.