Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Imagine the gall you'd need to say "you need to live with the fact that I might kill you or your loved ones. There are many things I can do to minimize these chances, but I won't do them. You aren't allowed to get mad at me."

Then again, I suppose that's American_politics.txt

Otoh chuds only really start talking like this whole togetherness poo poo when theyre worried about losing horribly, so maybe it's good they're afraid of backlash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Strep Vote posted:

Scene: prepping my kid for school

Me: just keep your mask on and you'll be fine. Oh, and don't be a stickler for social distancing, they changed it from six feet to three feet. They decided they're the same.
Kid: oh, ok.
Me: ...
Kid: ...
Me: ...
Kid: ... but that makes me think that six feet wasn't enough and it should be 12?
Me: gently caress WHY ARE YOU SO SMART

Do you live where I live?

quote:

Additionally, DHEC is expanding to 6 feet the amount of social distance that students must maintain to avoid being considered a “close contact” to a COVID positive individual.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

meet girls at the store posted:

Just learned I’m so loving triggered by “safely” in parentheticals gently caress

In cspam, with the lurkers, we don't even say open sesame any more, we say, "Open Biden"....open biden!! :haw:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Aglet56 posted:

refusing the vaccine owns the libs. that's pretty much it for the chuds. yes they're dying, yes they're running out of oxygen, yes their children are getting sick. but the libs are howling in pain and the longer they go unvaxxed the louder the libs howl

I've given up howling, I just haters gonna hate stroll around with my full face respirator

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

so professional football player Luke Willson retired today:

https://twitter.com/LWillson_82/status/1430625755545755648?s=20

and then I looked up what a pericardial effusion was

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pericardial_effusion?wprov=sfti1

and then I looked up "pericardial effusion Covid" and found this

https://academic.oup.com/ehjcr/article/4/FI1/1/5903170

which said this:

holy gently caress

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

what do those dipshits think ~the government~ should be doing to fight obesity

i'm imagining that authoritarian/libertarian political compass

the authoritarian end has mandatory leg day

the libertarian end has the legalization of murder for people over a certain BMI

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Do you live where I live?

I'm pretty sure Americans decided 3 feet is good enough so they can cram their kids back in school, hth

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Biowarfare posted:

what is even the point of complaining about microchipping and rights when 99% of these idiots have the facebook app installed with all permissions granted

there is no point, it is an arbitrary line in the sand drawn solely because they were told: "you should do this".

i genuinely believe if they had politicized the choice of vaccine and made one the MAGA vaccine this would not be an issue. Even if it were transparently so. There are people who genuinely believe the anti-vaxx poo poo, and then there are people who don't really have firm ideological stakes in the idea that vaccines are bad but have now found themselves aligned with that viewpoint because gently caress you i won't do what you tell me.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ram dass in hell posted:

In cspam, with the lurkers, we don't even say open sesame any more, we say, "Open Biden"....open biden!! :haw:

don't dead

open biden

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

AHHHHHHHHHH

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

I've given up howling, I just haters gonna hate stroll around with my full face respirator

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Tzen posted:

holy gently caress

it's doing the skeleton dance

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

Imagine the gall you'd need to say "you need to live with the fact that I might kill you or your loved ones. There are many things I can do to minimize these chances, but I won't do them. You aren't allowed to get mad at me."

Then again, I suppose that's American_politics.txt

Otoh chuds only really start talking like this whole togetherness poo poo when theyre worried about losing horribly, so maybe it's good they're afraid of backlash

that person is british lol

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/cSbhpY5.mp4

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:shepface:

https://twitter.com/PennyRed/status/1430935742629437444

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

you don't *have* to speedrun a divorce, you know

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

SKULL.GIF posted:

you don't *have* to speedrun a divorce, you know

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Tzen posted:

holy gently caress

im sorry but you have a bad case of The Thing

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Real Mean Queen posted:

Did they? I always thought it was a pretty simple way to look at redundant safety mechanisms and I think it’s still absolutely the best policy you can have if you’re trying not to get covid. Not going out and doing stuff around people takes a huge bite out of my odds, keeping my distance in public drops them from there, the respirator does any remaining heavy lifting, and the vaccine’s the last line of defense if everything else doesn’t work. Some of the layers of cheese were kind of misguided initially and some of them like masking needed improvement, but the premise makes all the sense in the world.

At the time iirc the Swiss cheese model sucked because it still seemed possible to lock down and telling people they could go out if they wore a cloth mask was infuriating. Also the cheese slices included stuff like washing your hands. That's why people mocked them

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

she's right - we should appreciate covid while it's still here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ratQlft_G5c

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/IdahoReports/status/1430936111933575168

*chuckles* I'm in danger

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Get a lawyer and start apartment hunting

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

the CARES act had a carve out specifically for this that lets you spread the 10% across three years. I think it already expired though.

I know this because I reached out to the finance guy at my union to ask if there's anything I need to know or do about my 401k before I quit due to COVID.

And he's like "COVID has been around a while. what changed that you're quitting now?"

and I'm like dude I haven't been to work in a year and a half and they're not letting me continue to do that. I'm watching two kids all day long.

he didn't have anything for that.

are you sure you can't keep doing the fmla stuff? i remember a lady doing that at boeing for 3-4 years...she'd come back every year or 18mo and work a week then go on fmla again.

just leave your 401k alone, if you choose some of the funds that are based on the stock market they have really low fees. dont use the targeted retirement in 2040/50/60 funds, they charge high fees.

you'd be FAR better off to let them hit you with a layoff than to quit.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

Get a lawyer and start apartment hunting

also divest your 401k NOW

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

get a lawyer my dude

e: beat but seriously lawyer the gently caress up now

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corona's Town Massacre

Everyone just drink the Flavor Aid and don't question anything

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Atrocious Joe posted:

NWO wants people to be obese as part of their plan to cull the population. the COVID Scamdemic isn't real, it's a plot to microchip the population.
https://twitter.com/Emperor_vee/status/1429964857189847042?s=20

this image reminds me of old SA favorite masaokis, who is still around and started making videos again last year during the pandemic! it seriously warmed my heart to see him well and cooking his wild meals again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4J6NFM-DsM&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdvq-hnV0k4&t=8s

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Wild to see a divorce real time. Thread delivers

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

love too take god's gift of life and squander it to protect my inalienable rights

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Sounds like you and your wife need to poof some beefers and wait for all of this to blow over

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I've heard that poo poo from so many people tbh.

sadly that's a super common sentiment.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
we are all going to die when we die and I will gladly die to this easily preventable disease if it means I am not microchipped by the government with a vaccine that's been proven numerous times to be safe and effective. also I was faking all those orgasms.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol my wife refuses to get the vaccine and we literally fight about it every other day. I send her articles and videos and screenshots of people dying on facebook and she just ignores everything and thinks her immune system is great and will fight off anything. she's basically blocked my phone# at this point. not sure what else to do. I'm worried for my kids and feeling kinda helpless. soooo uhhh yeah lol?

start shopping for a kids coffin and ask which one she likes more

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

op take a deep breath and have a conversation with your wife not over text.

maybe a divorce is where this goes but i would be deliberate about it at least

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

A friend of mine went to the Carolinas for vacation and just got back. We were hanging out in VR when he started sneezing really bad. I didn't want to freak him out by asking if he got tested, so I waited until he logged off for the night and discussed it with his close friend who was still on. He just said 'he's vaccinated he'll be fine if you're worried then stay away from him' and I'm like 'wait why is he having a shindig soon- OH WAIT OUR FRIENDS ARE COMING TO VISIT'. I suddenly realized some mutual friends are flying in this week and he was planning a backyard BBQ I had forgotten about. Lmao.

Also it's kinda frustrating whenever I bring up being concerned someone is ill they automatically assume I'm afraid of getting sick. While that's true I'm also worried my friend is going to get a bad breakthrough case. It's like it breaks people's brains when you try to explain you're concerned about other people and not just yourself.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

was this right after the shot, like during the period they make you sit around?

No i waited around for 15 minutes.

I just feel tired now but that was loving wild.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

op take a deep breath and have a conversation with your wife not over text.

maybe a divorce is where this goes but i would be deliberate about it at least

people work, and the day has 5-6 hours left. Lawyer up and hide your money OP

septa
Oct 13, 2016

there's my crack ping for the day

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i had one relative tell my mom that she's not sure about the vaccine because her time to go is god's decision

then she should my mom to get out to more restaurants and not be afraid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

edit: beaten

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 26, 2021